Kindle Fire or Galaxy Tab 2 7" (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Hi All

Need some advice if anybody can help

Looking to buy the daughter a Tablet for Xmas

Looking at the Kindle Fire and the Galaxy Tab 2 7" Version as budget is around £130-£140

Any advice would be greatfully received

Cheers
PUSB

MatthewWallis

If she likes reading as well as browsing/music/playing games then get the kindle fire otherwise get the Galaxy

Alkhen

Another plus point to the Nexus is that although it is Google branded it is made by Asus who are a really well respected tech company. you can access all the current Android app stores really easily (even the amazon one) which means you can really shop around when buying media. and the big deal is they whack £15 credit on it for you when you set up your account

Nick

Administrator
I haven't seen the Kindle Fire HD's yet to be honest.

It might be worth going into Tesco and having a play with them both!

Alkhen

That review you posted says its cheeper than the kindle Fire HD. you can get an 8gb one for £159 which includes the free credit pretty sure that all the new 7 inch tabs that have come out are priced at about £160 for the basic models apart from the stupid ipad Mini.

I think there are a bunch of crappy Acer & binatone tablets for cheaper but they are crap

Otis

Yep, it said it was cheaper, but when i did a shopping search they were coming up at around £199.

That's dearer than the Fire.:thinking about:

Alkhen

the £129 Kindle Fire is different (shitter) than the £159 Kindle Fire HD

there are Nexus 7 8GBs for £159 still available on the Play site https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb&feature=nexus7_campaign I think most places have sold out of the 8GB version and only stock the 16GB version for £199

I read an article that said that Google/ASUS have so aggressively priced the Nexus 7 that the RRP doesn't even cover cost of manufacture and components. they did this to try and get a piece of the iPads pie and only hope to make money on APP sales

stgeorge1966

Cheers All much appreciated decided to go for the Kindle Fire today as amazon have reduced this to £99

Lets all hope for a win 2moro PUSB

torchomatic

The KFHD is fantastic. The screen and sound are amazing. I've got one for my son for Christmas. The only drawback really is the apps in the Kindle store which aren't as extensive in those in Google Play, but you can get round that fairly easily. I did look at the Nexus but the screen and sound are pretty poor in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread