King to Cardiff on loan (1 Viewer)

junglej13

The Daily Mirror are reporting that Cardiff want to take MK on loan. They have also picked up on the story that Ranson could resign.

Nick

Administrator
Do they need him? They have about 12 strikers!

I wonder if it will be like Platt today!

Sutty

Could be many things:

- King not wanting to play under someone who isn't AB.
- RR wanting him off the wage bill
- Causing a bad atmosphere in the squad perhaps?

covladzak

Could be many things:

- King not wanting to play under someone who isn't AB.
- RR wanting him off the wage bill
- Causing a bad atmosphere in the squad perhaps?

And lets not forget the papers love to put the boot in when someone is down as well.....

Nick

Administrator
Thorn came out and said Platt wasn't going as we are at bare bones, would look silly if King went after he said it!

Walking Bird

I thought the Telegraph reported earlier that today was the "emergency" loan window closure day??

SBAndy

Closes at 5pm on the fourth Thursday of March. That leaves just under 17 hours for this to happen.

But seriously, what the fuck are Cardiff doing? They must have more strikers than the other 23 teams put together.

ccfcjdee

they're doing things properly, take note SISU, to compete, you must have players.:eek:

To be completely honest, we are very lucky to have been graced by King, he is far and away too good for us. Best player we have had since relegation, definitely, anyone who has seen him will agree. Wish him luck in the future and am gutted, sorry and very sad to see that my club hasn't got enough ambition to keep hold of him. When we are in league 2 we will think back, "bloody hell remember when we had Marlon King" Letting him go will be one of Covs biggest mistakes, it would be up there with having Van nistelrooy on trial and deciding he wasn't good enough, nice one strach.

derbyskyblue

Are cardiff in financial trouble? I'm sure i read somewhere they owe a few million. Could be a last throw of the dice to ensure promotion and sky's bucketfull of millions.

DazzleTommyDazzle

But seriously, what the fuck are Cardiff doing? They must have more strikers than the other 23 teams put together.

I remember when Blackburn first got the Jack Walker money. They were in what's now the Championship and going for promotion and they seemed to buy strikers off all their promotion rivals.

Somehow don't think Cardiff see us as promotion rivals though............

ccfcjdee

I remember when Blackburn first got the Jack Walker money. They were in what's now the Championship and going for promotion and they seemed to buy strikers off all their promotion rivals.

Somehow don't think Cardiff see us as promotion rivals though............

I remember when cardiff were in the league 1 playoff final with stoke in the 90's and they bough hoekstra off them right before they played each other in the final.... he scored and cardiff got promoted. It's a good tactic if you can afford it. Just wonder if they have checked the table since early december?

dilligaf

they're doing things properly, take note SISU, to compete, you must have players.:eek:

To be completely honest, we are very lucky to have been graced by King, he is far and away too good for us. Best player we have had since relegation, definitely, anyone who has seen him will agree. Wish him luck in the future and am gutted, sorry and very sad to see that my club hasn't got enough ambition to keep hold of him. When we are in league 2 we will think back, "bloody hell remember when we had Marlon King" Letting him go will be one of Covs biggest mistakes, it would be up there with having Van nistelrooy on trial and deciding he wasn't good enough, nice one strach.

MK isn't to good for us
SISU isn't good for us
No investment No ambition.

Covstu

I dont think this will happen particualry after Thorn's comments about Platt yesterday. we would affectively be relegating ourselves if we did this.

smileycov

Facebook User
Firstly, it's the Mirror! about as reliable as the Telegraph, Secondly, he has 2 games of his ban left. We will only have 6 games to go anyhow!! really cant see an ounce of fact in this at all.

Nick

Administrator
Firstly, it's the Mirror! about as reliable as the Telegraph, Secondly, he has 2 games of his ban left. We will only have 6 games to go anyhow!! really cant see an ounce of fact in this at all.

Is it 2? I thought it was less than that!

rob9872

He missed Preston Burnley Hull and Doncaster. Available immediately

sky_blue_up_north

Chopra is out for the rest of the season, could be looking to replace him

Disorganised1

I don't think King is THAT good ~ I might look back saying remember when we had Keane and MacAllister, or Hutchinson and Stein, or Wallace and Ferguson, but whilst King abviously has a bit of class on the pitch, he is shining in Devision 1 - I don't remember him shining in the Premiership.

skyblu3sk

Glad he will be back in the team we need someone to poach for the next few games, They surely wouldnt put him out on loan after all the talk from thorne about platt. Would they :confused:

rob9872

Diagnosed: you only have to look at his first touch to realise he is head and shoulders above anything we have and most in this league. In fact the only player I can think of that we have had in recent seasons to compare with that extra bit of class is Dennis Wise.

Marlon plays in a team with players around him who create nothing. He feeds off scraps and works his socks off. If he hadn't had the baggage that surrounded his arrival he would be running the palyer of the season award close imo.

Some point to his goalscoring record as not being great but when you consider the time out of the team to get his sharpness back, sendings off, a short injury not long after he started and a couple of games starting as sub then it's pretty decent. I'm certain with a pre-season behind him and if he could stay fit and available, then 25 goals (particularly if he got on penalties) in a 46 game season wouldn't be unrealistic. Bear in mind we have had NO PLAYER SCORE 20 LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON FOR 40 YEARS and that would be quite an achievement here.

Disorganised1

King's touch is generally good, but his tactical awareness isn't - he is caught offside too often, and not because he's so quick like Huckerby, but because he gets caught by the defense stepping forward. There is also a serious question about his temperment.

Nick

Administrator
If you read it, it says it is his agent.

His agent has been a bit of a prick since day 1 spouting stuff!

rob9872

No worries RVG :)

skyblu3sk

Could be his agent is trying to peddle the move to get him in what could be a prem side for next season. Hopefully we will say no However if the offer is large you know we are going to say yes no matter what sort of shite it will leave us in

Users who are viewing this thread