Lamieres Goal (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
ChTkiZQWMAATNxH.jpg:large

Absolutely sold him!

ajsccfc

The best part of his goal was Armstrong setting him up, he could easily have tried to take it on himself to get that 20th goal.

stupot07

The best part of his goal was Armstrong setting him up, he could easily have tried to take it on himself to get that 20th goal.
It don't think it was Armstrong, sure he was at the back pospost, Jones cut it back and I thought it Phillip's or fleck that did the back heel flick? Happy to be corrected.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

It don't think it was Armstrong, sure he was at the back pospost, Jones cut it back and I thought it Phillip's or fleck that did the back heel flick? Happy to be corrected.

I thought it was Phillips myself

ajsccfc

I think you're both right about Phillips actually, he's there on the left of the picture. I must have just assumed Armstrong based on the position.

wingy

Was a good save for the second chance as well!

He is better through the middle.
Without doubt
Probably the most technically gifted player at the club.
Just look at his body shape when taking the shot.
All those years of Spurs coaching on display.

D

Deleted member 4439

Was a good save for the second chance as well!

He is better through the middle.

Don't mean to come across as churlish, but I was disappointed that he didn't pass it to Armstrong, who would have surely scored. Would have made a fitting end to Armstrong's and the City's season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Don't mean to come across as churlish, but I was disappointed that he didn't pass it to Armstrong, who would have surely scored. Would have made a fitting end to Armstrong's and the City's season.

I agree. He must have know Armstrong was looking for his 20th and was in so much space it was unreal. Yes, he hit it well, and had he not got a goal already I wouldn't have blamed him for shooting, but was disappointed he didn't pass when he had the chance,

stupot07

You can't blame anyone for taking a shot when they're clear on goal.
He wasn't clear on goal though, there was still a defender in front of him and he was about 20 yards out (the second shot, which is the one we mean). He should have rolled it to arma

8f1dce8e490155793a291c2ee2c856e0.jpg

That being said, I was disappointed he didn't go over to celebrate with Lamieres when he scored the 3rd. Just stood there in their 6 yard box sulking

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can see why people are complaining that he didn't pass to Armstrong, but I think he was just hungry for goal after scoring his first goal for ages. You can't take that away from him, as usually he's very un-greedy.

How many times has Murphy had this season to play someone in, but decided to take a tame shot instead? Eleventy Billion. No one said shit then.

We won 3-1, let's let it go. Lameiras will be with us next season, so it's probably good that he'll have a confidence boost from today.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Lmao only you could put down Murphy when the topic is lameires not passing to armstrong

Why Lmao?

It's pretty much fact. Lameiras doesn't pass on ONE occasion and people get upset.

The biggest blunt instrument in our attack didn't pass multiple times, in multiple games, but because he scored 3 against Gillingham he is exempt from any form of criticism.

You are seemingly part of the deluded group that contributed to our downfall this season.

Limey

I'd rather Lameiras score, he's our player after all and we need him gaining confidence going into next season.

theferret

Why Lmao?

It's pretty much fact. Lameiras doesn't pass on ONE occasion and people get upset.

The biggest blunt instrument in our attack didn't pass multiple times, in multiple games, but because he scored 3 against Gillingham he is exempt from any form of criticism.

You are seemingly part of the deluded group that contributed to our downfall this season.

Who is getting upset? A couple of people mentioned that it would have been nice if he had put Arma in, but that they understand why he didn't. Upset, really?

And I think you'll find Murphy has received a lot of criticism at times this season. He had a poor second half of the campaign, and that is reflected in the fact he has been left out of the team on a number of occasions. Your obsession with him is odd. Give the lad some credit, when we were flying he was very much part of that. He almost won the game at Colchester on his own. He was massive against Peterborough at home too. He had some good moments. But he is young and naive and has faded. That said, he is our 2nd top goalscorer and had the most assists of any of our team (the 9th highest number of assists in the league despite not starting many games), so hardly 'blunt'. But yes, he went missing for many games and was frustrating at times. But I wish him well.

As for your last comment, have you been drinking?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Why Lmao?

I think you'll find, should you care to read back over the posts, that they were each mild mannered, were understanding of lamerias, and only expressed a disappointment on behalf of Armstrong.

Classic case of strawman here, I feel.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who is getting upset? A couple of people mentioned that it would have been nice if he had put Arma in, but that they understand why he didn't. Upset, really?

And I think you'll find Murphy has received a lot of criticism at times this season. He had a poor second half of the campaign, and that is reflected in the fact he has been left out of the team on a number of occasions. Your obsession with him is odd. Give the lad some credit, when we were flying he was very much part of that. He almost won the game at Colchester on his own. He was massive against Peterborough at home too. He had some good moments. But he is young and naive and has faded. That said, he is our 2nd top goalscorer and had the most assists of any of our team (the 9th highest number of assists in the league despite not starting many games), so hardly 'blunt'. But yes, he went missing for many games and was frustrating at times. But I wish him well.

As for your last comment, have you been drinking?

My point is that had he done that today, the topic probably wouldn't have even been raised, let alone screen shot evidence slapped into the thread.

Drinking? No. Just raising awareness that the above scenario had very much become the norm and people didn't care, and actually wanting to give Lameiras a chance without people drawing negatives.

Users who are viewing this thread