Laptops (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Me again seeking Laptop advice!

Seen this offer at PC World for a 13.3" Sony Vaio laptop. I know Sony is decent, and I think their laptops are decent quality, but wanted to get opinions on the spec etc and whether its worth the £430.

Was really into te idea yesterday when there was none in stock, but then all of a sudden tody, they have them!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Vickie

When I was looking into laptops a while back found that by buying a sony was going to add an extra few £100 on to the price just for the sony name it seemed.

I went for an HP and my parents got a toshiba - both of which have done what we wanted.

There are other decent makes in addition to sony where you don't have to pay for the sony name. In my opinion I wouldn't get a sony for this reason. Just my opinion though.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks Sky_Blue_Vickie!

I only chose this one as i like the design of Sony's and the spec (to me) looked half decent! Been looking for one with i (something 3,5 or 7) at a reasonable price and thought this might be it! Just not techy enough to know whether its a bargain or not.

Thanks for your reply though! Hopefully they don't sell out while i consider my options (just incase!)

Oh and happy new year!

Nick

Administrator
I recently got a Samsung 350V5C. It looks like it has a better spec than that one (although it isn't red) with 6gb RAM:

- Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz
- 6GB RAM + 500GB HDD
- 15.6" HD LED
- Webcam + Bluetooth
- Windows 8 64 bit

It looks like they have gone down too and you can get them for £369 now :( (I paid over £400). - Linky Here

I work in IT and have had nothing but issues with Sony laptops.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks Nick. Was hoping you'd respond to this from a spec point of view!

Id actually seen that laptop on Argos's site, although looking at it again it doesn't have the 5C at the end.!would that mean its a different version? (Excuse the lack of knowledge).

It still had the 500gb and 6GB RAM, which I thought was good at the time but always dither on making decisions (mainly when it involves me spending money!)

Nick

Administrator
Sometimes the letter at the end can just mean something slightly different (even the colour).

What will you be using it for?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sometimes the letter at the end can just mean something slightly different (even the colour).

What will you be using it for?

Not really changed since i last posted. Internet, Microsoft office and football manager. Or atleast thats what I used my last one for until it went a knacker (last March so done well to cope this long without one)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Nick, me again!

Found another Lenovo one at PC World. Spec looks good to me a d for only £549 in comparison to other i7 laptops seems pretty decent. What you think?

Intel® Core™ i7-3520M processor
Windows 8
Memory: 6 GB
Hard drive: 1 TB

LENOVO Z580

Users who are viewing this thread