Latest Sky Blue Trust leter to Timmy (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

This latest letter, issued yesterday, was sent to Coventry City Chairman Tim Fisher.

Dear Mr Fisher

Following the match against Colchester United on Saturday, Coventry City now have only 15 League Two matches scheduled to be played at the Ricoh Arena before the end of the current season. As you know, the agreement which allows such games to be played at the Arena expires at the end of the season.

Coventry City are therefore just 15 games away from homelessness.

Unless a suitable home ground, which meets all the relevant standards, can be secured before the start of the 2018/19 season, Coventry City may cease to exist.

Please can you tell me what steps you are taking to secure a suitable home ground for Coventry City beyond the end of the current season?

It seems that the continuing legal action by Otium Entertainment Group Ltd and others against Coventry City Council and Wasps is impeding the resumption of meaningful negotiations with Wasps over use of the Ricoh for next season and beyond. Given the threat of homelessness, will Otium be considering whether to abandon the court action, thereby paving the way for the Club's continued existence in Coventry?

You have suggested that a tenancy at Butts Park Arena (BPA) is an option for the football club to play its games from next season. Is that still the case? Is it your preferred option or simply an alternative if the Ricoh is not available to you?

When can we expect to see a formal proposal for BPA? How will that tackle the potential obstacles such as planning,traffic, parking, residents’ concerns etc? In your opinion, could such a development be completed before the start of the 2018/19 football season in August 2018?

As Coventry City supporters are increasingly alarmed about the growing urgency of this matter, please could I have your response before the next home League Two game is played, against Mansfield Town on Saturday 11 November 2017?

Yours sincerely

Roger Ellis Secretary, the Sky Blue Trust

I don't imagine it will be answered, how does ignoring fans genuine concerns fit in to the EFL fan consultation guidelines?

fernandopartridge

The letter is a bit mixed up, what is it asking for? Why is it seeking Fisher's opinions on whether something could be ready or not?

First 2 paragraphs are fine, then it's a simple question really about what plans Fisher has in place for the club to play its home games next season. No point speculating and playing into his hands, a straight forward question about what plan A is.

All the other stuff can be followed up once it is established what plan A actually is.

oucho

It's a relevant question to TF on whether he expects, as chairman of CCFC, whether the Butts could be available to us for use in August. All the other questions are reasonable too. In any case, I have given the real answers below:

Please can you tell me what steps you are taking to secure a suitable home ground for Coventry City beyond the end of the current season? Hiding under a table, avoiding calls from Dave Boddy and Joy, and hoping for the best with my fingers in my ears

It seems that the continuing legal action by Otium Entertainment Group Ltd and others against Coventry City Council and Wasps is impeding the resumption of meaningful negotiations with Wasps over use of the Ricoh for next season and beyond. Given the threat of homelessness, will Otium be considering whether to abandon the court action, thereby paving the way for the Club's continued existence in Coventry? It's nothing to do with me or the club, honest!!!!

You have suggested that a tenancy at Butts Park Arena (BPA) is an option for the football club to play its games from next season. Is that still the case? It's as realistic an option as it ever was (i.e. not at all - Ed) Is it your preferred option or simply an alternative if the Ricoh is not available to you? No, our preferred option is to bankrupt Wasps by battering them in court and taking over the Ricoh for free with some compensation from the council to pay off Sisu's debts (which will also be achieved by selling off the ground and Ryton before we do a runner)

When can we expect to see a formal proposal for BPA? Some time after Jon Sharp picks up the phone to me (i.e. never - Ed) How will that tackle the potential obstacles such as planning,traffic, parking, residents’ concerns etc? That will be detailed in the section immediately after the bit naming the location of the Joy Seppala statue. In your opinion, could such a development be completed before the start of the 2018/19 football season in August 2018? That prospect is every bit as realistic as the three-year plan to design and deliver a new stadium which I announced to fans in 2013.

As Coventry City supporters are increasingly alarmed about the growing urgency of this matter, please could I have your response before the next home League Two game is played, against Mansfield Town on Saturday 11 November 2017? Don't hold your breath.

Captain Dart

The letter is a bit mixed up, what is it asking for? Why is it seeking Fisher's opinions on whether something could be ready or not?

First 2 paragraphs are fine, then it's a simple question really about what plans Fisher has in place for the club to play its home games next season. No point speculating and playing into his hands, a straight forward question about what plan A is.

All the other stuff can be followed up once it is established what plan A actually is.

Don't know about mixed up, more like complicating matters by asking for specific details.
There is only one question that needs answering, where is the club playing next season?

I don't think they know.

Nick

Administrator
Surely if Boddy has said that they will make an announcement in the next couple of months it means they are working on it in one way or another?

Even if Fisher was the most accommodating, engaging bloke in the world. Would they seriously expect answers to most of it?

bawtryneal

The answer will be a polite response stating that communications are ongoing behind the scenes and that at this point in time they remain confidential. They hope to have some positive news in due course.

There you go. There is your answer

No way will they tell the SBT anything before they announce formally on the club website

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure what this is meant to mean:

how does ignoring fans genuine concerns fit in to the EFL fan consultation guidelines?

Is that going to mean they suddenly start answering quite obvious unanswerable questions?

Very focused on the BPA as well.

Is anything going on we don't / should know about the BPA?

chiefdave

Its an odd letter given that Boddy has been on CWR saying they hope to make an announcement before Xmas. What response are they expecting?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Its an odd letter given that Boddy has been on CWR saying they hope to make an announcement before Xmas. What response are they expecting?
Did he clarify which Christmas ?

stupot07

What a poor letter. Who proof reads it and agrees for it to go out.

I get they are trying to do something but it needs to be more concise and professional.

On a side note, I still believe we will be at the Ricoh next season, court case or no court case.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
having read it and some of the comments then couple of thoughts crossed my mind

what if far from something going on in the back ground they were aware that there is absolutely nothing going on?

Wasn't Fisher given the job of sorting the ground out perhaps that's why its addressed to him. He is the one making the claims about BPA. Personally I don't believe that Mr Boddy, who seems to be doing a good job on plenty of other things, has the authority to deal with it so why heap the attention for it on to him.

Contrary to some of my posts on here if writing this sort of letter I prefer it to be short and to the point but polite & respectful. The questions direction are not unreasonable though - its what we want to know isn't it?

I doubt it will get a response.

skybluetony176

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they sat back and Christmas comes and goes and still no announcement people will be asking what have the SBT been doing all this time. If they make a noise about it, it’s all Boddy has said they’ll be an announcement before Xmas. Like we haven’t heard that one before, 3 weeks, New Year etc. etc.

I’d rather that the SBT is doing something now rather than wait for the shit to hit the fan. Given our history of self imposed deadlines coming and going I’m surprised anyone has a problem with what the trust are doing. Then again I’m really not.

olderskyblue

Is that going to mean they suddenly start answering quite obvious unanswerable questions?

I thought Captain had added that last piece..?

Captain Dart

I think this letter is aimed as much at the EFL as anyone else. It highlights the lack of communication with the fans over quite genuine concerns.

I do not think the SBT should shut up and wait for developments, but maybe they could make future letters address only one concern at a time, there are after all 15 more letters to go if nothing is announced.

Esoterica

giphy.gif

CJ_covblaze

Why not write it to Boddy? Or is it that a letter to Fisher gets more backslapping?

This is the 4th we’ve sent. The others went to Wasps, CCC and Joy. More will follow until there is an announcement of a new rental agreement.

skybluetony176

This is the 4th we’ve sent. The others went to Wasps, CCC and Joy. More will follow until there is an announcement of a new rental agreement.

Why haven’t you sent one to the goal keeping coach? We all know Oggy is to blame for everything and the true mastermind behind everything :) joke.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
responses so far cd appear to be

Seppala - none whatsoever

Wasps - "However, as I hope you will understand, given the ongoing legal proceedings, it is not possible for us to comment either publicly or privately on the current position.We hope that this may change in the near future and that, at that point, it may be possible to establish greater clarity over the situation.”

CCC - sent on 18th still waiting for a response

TF - sent yesterday no response yet

dongonzalos

Not unless the legal action has stopped abd we are not aware of that....

Speaking to the Telegraph last month he said: “My public statements stand. We will not deal with Sisu, end of.

“We need the full support of the city council and the goodwill of the citizens in Coventry.

“Sisu are suing our council, they are roundly hated within the city, so we cannot deal with them.”

Asked if he saw Sisu and the football club as separate, he said: “They are clearly one and the same at the moment.”

dongonzalos

What a poor letter. Who proof reads it and agrees for it to go out.

I get they are trying to do something but it needs to be more concise and professional.

On a side note, I still believe we will be at the Ricoh next season, court case or no court case.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They are going to send more so have you considered writing one on here that CJ can suggest as a template?

Personally I don’t have an issue with the letter and certainly didn’t feel that it is not professional.
I would have stayed off the BPA subject Mr Sharpe has been very clear in that area.
Take out that paragraph and it is more concise.

dongonzalos

This is what he said last month.....

"Many supporters will be aware that our current agreement to play at the stadium expires at the end of this season.

"Resolving this issue is my priority.

"I appreciate fans are keen for news regarding this as soon as possible, but I can say to you now that as soon as there is confirmed news in this area we will communicate to you."

I light if the above it’s a more than reasonable question

Nick

Administrator
Not unless the legal action has stopped abd we are not aware of that....

Speaking to the Telegraph last month he said: “My public statements stand. We will not deal with Sisu, end of.

“We need the full support of the city council and the goodwill of the citizens in Coventry.

“Sisu are suing our council, they are roundly hated within the city, so we cannot deal with them.”

Asked if he saw Sisu and the football club as separate, he said: “They are clearly one and the same at the moment.”

What's your point? Again, it doesn't really say anything.

Like I said, the bpa emphasis is interesting.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

So, as he hasn't resolved such a complex issue within a month, let's send him a letter?

I don’t think he has been sent a letter his boss has been, asking for some answers.
As you say it is a very complex matter and with all due respect Boddy’s quote there effectively says. If we have something to tell you we will.
It doesn’t say we are in negotiations and things are going well.
There isn’t a quote from Wasps saying yes since we are no longer suggesting the legal action is the issue, we are negotiations and things are going well.
So yes with the deadline looming a letter to Wasps, SISU abd the EFL is definitely a wise thing to do.

SkyBlueZack

I know he wasn't sent a letter. He stated a month ago, it was his priority and he would let fans know asap. He hasn't resolved it in a month and is sent a letter, that's what I was saying.

dongonzalos

What's your point? Again, it doesn't really say anything.

Personally I think the point is quite obvious however,
No worries I will try and be clearer...
You are asking is something going on with the BPA and the above quote,
which is very clear says whilst the legal action is happening nothing will be happening between CCFC and the BPA.
So unless the legal action is going to be dropped and we don’t know yet. Then I would suggest that Mr Sharpe is very clear in his words. Nothing will be going on with the BPA

dongonzalos

I know he wasn't sent a letter. He stated a month ago, it was his priority and he would let fans know asap. He hasn't resolved it in a month and is sent a letter, that's what I was saying.

You keep saying a letter has been sent to him.
He isn’t sent a letter his boss is.
Do you know that he is in negotiations with Wasps?

Nick

Administrator
Personally I think the point is quite obvious however,
No worries I will try and be clearer...
You are asking is something going on with the BPA and the above quote,
which is very clear says whilst the legal action is happening nothing will be happening between CCFC and the BPA.
So unless the legal action is going to be dropped and we don’t know yet. Then I would suggest that Mr Sharpe is very clear in his words. Nothing will be going on with the BPA
It's not obvious though is it?

It's interesting because of the emphasis on that in the letter.

A random article about plastic pitches also and some very strange behaviour from a telegraph journalist regarding it.

Then a letter mainly aimed at the bpa.

Somebody would be very naive to rule anything out based on a quote saying he won't deal with sisu.

Users who are viewing this thread