League 1 manager situation (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Dean Smith the Walsall manager looks like he's going to become the new Brentford boss and JFH at Burton Albion is reportedly top of QPR's list.

I can see both of those teams fading away in the next few weeks if both these moves happen. However, it is a worry for us that Championship clubs are now looking to L1 for replacements.

Kingokings204

I reckon mowbray will stick out the season with us and if we don't get promoted he shall assess his options I'm sure.

D

Deleted member 2477

Good news for us as two of our biggest promotion rivals could damage their season. If either manager goes you have also got to say will they be looking to take some players with them in January which will also be good news

Covstu

Good news for us as two of our biggest promotion rivals could damage their season. If either manager goes you have also got to say will they be looking to take some players with them in January which will also be good news
Thinking the same

higgs

When u see Jimmy and Dean being looked at by championship teams I hope they don't go sniffing around our tony

Astute

He said it was a 2 or more year project

He couldn't really say one year though could he? Everyone would have expected promotion and nothing else. And he didn't even know half of his players then.

covcity4life

Dean Smith the Walsall manager looks like he's going to become the new Brentford boss and JFH at Burton Albion is reportedly top of QPR's list.

I can see both of those teams fading away in the next few weeks if both these moves happen. .

giphy.gif

covcity4life

this will be brilliant if 1 or both go. yes they may replace with someone who does just as well but chances are more in our favour of them suffering drop off as they seem to be punching above their weight

fingers crossed

jackdg

also talk of Rowett leaving Blues for Fulham. If that were to happen I might start to worry that they'd look at Mowbray.

I think we are lucky that there are a few young managers in this division with rising stock to take the heat of tony in the short term (Edinburgh, hasselbaink, smith)

Otis

He couldn't really say one year though could he? Everyone would have expected promotion and nothing else. And he didn't even know half of his players then.
Exactly my thoughts too. He HAD to say 2 year plan, if not more.

Had he said 1 year plan everyone would have said he'd got a screw loose. If you recall some people were all but topping themselves about the lack of signings pre-season.

Alkhen

I think Mowbray will stick around, might take a few bumps in his pay packet if people do start sniffing around but I think he sees us as a project.

Also we are lucky that he has already had a pop at managing the 3 teams he has played for so there isn't that nagging draw in the back of his mind.

Kind of hoping the same 'achievable project' mentality spreads with the loan players and they stick around for the chance to win something

lifeskyblue

Yes I'm hoping TM sees us as a project rather than a stepping stone. If he could take us from lower reaches of L1 to the premiership it would cement his reputation as a manager, create the same buzz that JHill did in the 60s and demonstrate that with the right approach anything is possible. Good for TM, good for the sky blues, good for the city of Coventry and great for us fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sotv1987

I think we have a great chance of winning promotion due to the way we are playing the players we have and an overall good squad and great manager, regardless of what other team managers are doing!! Shouldn't make a difference what manager Walsall have, as long as we continue as we are, the no worries!!

fernandopartridge

Am I the only one who isn't bothered about the opposition results etc?

All I could hear from the blokes behind me at the match on Saturday was how Gillingham and Walsall were getting on.

skybluetony176

Confirmed...Dean Smith has left Walsall and gone to Brentford. Could de-stabilise their chances maybe??

Good move for him. Not so good for Walsall, maybe.

This could kill of their promotion hopes but I guess that depends on who his replacement is. Walsall is an attractive prospect for someone given their position so I would that they are not going to be short on decent applicants.

D

Deleted member 4439

Good move for him. Not so good for Walsall, maybe.

This could kill of their promotion hopes but I guess that depends on who his replacement is. Walsall is an attractive prospect for someone given their position so I would that they are not going to be short on decent applicants.

It really depends on what the combination of reasons are for Smith leaving e.g. maybe convos have taken place with the Walsall chairman over the Jan budget.

Gazolba

All I could hear from the blokes behind me at the match on Saturday was how Gillingham and Walsall were getting on.

That's what its like when you are involved in a promotion race. You are obviously out of practice.

Users who are viewing this thread