League Two Previews (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

Just about everybody is backing us to return at the first attempt this season.....

Pie in the sky or justified optimism, I'm really not sure?

chiefdave

I think a lot of non-CCFC supporters just see a big name and that makes us an easy pick for automatic promotion. How many people watch enough League 2 football and know enough about all the new players every team has this year to be making a genuine comparison of clubs strength?

Tommo72

I think a lot of non-CCFC supporters just see a big name and that makes us an easy pick for automatic promotion. How many people watch enough League 2 football and know enough about all the new players every team has this year to be making a genuine comparison of clubs strength?

Spot on.

Reading the pre-match preview on the main Notts County forum illustrates that perfectly.

Interested to know if there is anybody on here that genuinely thinks we can do it? I think a top 6 finish is a fair shout?

shmmeee

I think we can do it. At this level it's mostly about confidence and momentum and a bit of luck. Doesn't mean we will, but we can.

I'm sticking by my top three prediction. For no other reason than the shit has to end eventually and in Robins I trust.

chiefdave

Interested to know if there is anybody on here that genuinely thinks we can do it?
The standard won't be great but then our standard isn't great either. It certainly won't be a League 2 tour.

If we can stay in touch with the play offs until January then hopefully for once we can strengthen and kick on rather than sell our best players and collapse down the table.

smileycov

Facebook User
Without seeing the new players and how we look as a solid unit, it's hard to be absolute confident. However that said, I think in MR we have a top manager, some good Caliber team players in (Doyle, vincenti bevon) so I think top 6 at least is not too optimistic. As usual, first 10 games will be a good barometer

Grendel

We will get an indication fairly early on. Our away form has been abysmal for two years nearly.

Under 4 managers last season we conjured up one win.

Nick

Administrator
Spot on.

Reading the pre-match preview on the main Notts County forum illustrates that perfectly.

Interested to know if there is anybody on here that genuinely thinks we can do it? I think a top 6 finish is a fair shout?

Top 6 is realistic. Not going to start banging on about winning the league and promotion just yet.

It will be just our luck to lose a play off semi final with an own goal in the last minute to the team in 7th place who we had hammered twice already.

According to the experimental123 web site we have only 20% chance of promotion back to league 1. This is based on data over the last 14 years.

More worryingly we have a 50% chance of being in the bottom half of the league.

I don't think promotion back to league 1 is going to easy, top 6 is best I would expect.

I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread