Leicester (1 Viewer)

block16

I know we're meant to dislike them, but has anyone else found themselves wanting Leicester to win in recent weeks?
All being for equality and that I find it good that the disadvantaged little people with webbed feet and an odd number of fingers be given the chance to do the thing they love most (behind intercourse with there cousins of course).

But in all seriousness fair play to them given us all hope and I'd actually love it if a club of similar size to us could make top 4! I think the Villas hilarious season and our incredible one has took a bit of bitterness away.
Missed having any 'proper' derbys tho so would be nice IF we go up we to be spoilt. Villa Birmingham wolves forest MK dons. Do people think we'd have a sellout for the villa?

ollyservetta

yes , ive got no beef with them ,they are treating their fans to a very exciting experience , good luck to them and I hope is goes on

Gazolba

To be honest, I'd forgotten they existed until I glanced at the Premiership table and was amazed they were top. Then I thought to myself, "Leicester, that's not far from Coventry is it?" I'm all for the underdog, so it's fine by me. In a couple of weeks, I'll have forgotten about them again.

Last edited:

skybluericoh

Not really arsed by Leicester, nice to see someone else doing well, be surprised if they last the pace though. I think they will be like southampton and fall away. Not stayed that close but think this is pretty much what pearce put together, so not yet convinced that raneahry, how ever it is spelt, is as good as it looks now. Form is temporary, class is permeant, let see how they do second half. As for the local derbies next season, to soon to get excited, would be nice though
unknown.jpg

skybluericoh

Not really arsed by Leicester, nice to see someone else doing well, be surprised if they last the pace though. I think they will be like southampton and fall away. Not stayed that close but think this is pretty much what pearce put together, so not yet convinced that raneahry, how ever it is spelt, is as good as it looks now. Form is temporary, class is permeant, let see how they do second half. As for the local derbies next season, to soon to get excited, would be nice though
unknown.jpg

tried to put this on:) IMG_2106.jpg

Shakeitup

Fair play to them. Vardy was a steal. However, still a bit galling that they DoD the dodgy going into administration a few times with no real penalty!

zuni

most of our problems round the stadia sprout from them bin dippers...hope the bubble pops fast

Johhny Blue

This thread reminds me of the girl that tried to break it to her parents that she was gay.
She decided that Christmas morning was the perfect time. The family were all together and happy after a few dinner and drinks. She managed to get her dad into the kitchen "To help with the dishes". She asked "Dad would you love me however I choose to live my life"? Dad replied of course Honey"
She leaned over and whispered into his ear. Dad went nuts and tried to hold her head under water in the sink. There were dishes going everywhere and the rest of the family rushed in and saved her from the inevitable. Mum yelled "What the #****'s going on. The Daughter said "I just tried to tell Dad I was a Lesbian. Dad started to cry, pulled her close and said "I'm so sorry, I thought you said you were a Leicester fan"

pusbccfc

Couldn't care less about them. I like Vardy, but I want most English players in the Premier League to do well.

ccfcmad1

Have a good few freinds who are Leicester fans and over the last few years have gave me no end of stick so I would love to see them struggle as much as I would with the vile.

lifeskyblue

Good luck to them. Love to see any team beat the likes of United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Premier league boring boring usually. Good to see something different. Of course it won't last but while it does a bloody nose for Jose and van gaal and whinging wenger is always a laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Growing up it was all about Villa as Leicester didn't figure in the top league as much.

rupert_bear

To be honest I'm ok with Leicester doing well amongst the "big" boys gives all us small frys hope just proves you don't need a squad full of £50k a week prima donnas to be successful get yourself a good manager with decent players and you have a chance.

Paxman II

To be honest I'm ok with Leicester doing well amongst the "big" boys gives all us small frys hope just proves you don't need a squad full of £50k a week prima donnas to be successful get yourself a good manager with decent players and you have a chance.

Exactly. It could be us in a year or so? Footballs a funny old game as they say.

jas365

I agree to a point, but Leicester have been paying out huge wages, even in the Championship. Cambiasso was on a reported £60k a week last season.

Their wage bill when they got promoted from the Championship was nearly £40m, and they made a loss of over £20m.

But I think it's good to have the established "big" clubs sweating and worrying over their normally guaranteed top 4 place, it need someone to mix things up a bit.

Last edited:

Malaka

Fuck them, they wrecked our all-seater stadium. What have they ever done for us? (no Judean People's Front jokes please) Oh Fuck it go on then!

Terry Gibson's perm

I agree to a point, but Leicester have been paying out huge wages, even in the Championship. Cambiasso was on a reported £60k a week last season.

Their wage bill when they got promoted from the Championship was nearly £40m, and they made a loss of over £20m.

But I think it's good to have the established "big" clubs sweating and worrying over their normally guaranteed top 4 place, it need someone to mix things up a bit.

I would rather they made the top 3 only qualifying for the champions league which would then make it more of a fight and improve the quality.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but general gist of this thread is that noone really is bothered or cares about them.
Sure massively higher than us right now but who cares ?
Big investment there and commendable results admittedly, and I agree their fan numbers are higher at the moment, but compare the two?
Coventry are a bigger club then them (unless they turn into the new Manchester City money wise which won't be funny). Always viewed Leicester as a bit of a joke club compared to other rivals to be honest.

Last edited:

Astute

Correct me if I'm wrong, but general gist of this thread is that noone really is bothered or cares about them.
Big investment there and commendable results admittedly, and I agree their fan numbers are higher at the moment, but compare the two?
Coventry are a bigger club then them (unless they turn into the new Manchester City money wise which won't be funny). Always viewed Leicester as a bit of a joke club compared to other rivals to be honest.

They don't see us as their rivals.

On what basis are Cov a bigger club and genuinely not being funny

R

RB1992

Really pleased for Leicester.

I don't buy the entire Coventry v Leicester rivalry to be honest. I tried to dislike them a few seasons back when we were both in the Championship, but I just don't care, it just seems very manufactured.

It'd be good for football if they finish top 4-6 this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

This blog post has Leicester 3 places above Coventry and I would probably agree.

https://footyramblings.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/what-makes-a-big-club/

Similar club to Boro, Pompey, Birmingham, Leicester etc.

However, if you look at all time attendances we are ranked 20th in England and Leicester 19th. Leicester have played in the top flight for 48 years and Coventry have played in the top flight for 34 years.

We are the only club in the top 20 to have played less than 48 years in the top flight, 14 less infact.

mechaishida

I didn't have any issues with Leicester fans until I saw the abuse they were giving Cov fans on the Facebook League Football page. Really uncalled-for, vile abuse.

It's basically the fans I have the issue with, not the club - they've done well, but unfortunately, a lot of their fans are tossers.

torchomatic

Me too. Never really been too bothered with the Villa and Leicester thing. Apologies, I mean the Vile and Incester thing. There.

ajsccfc

The further away a team is, the harder I find it to wish them misfortune. Villa may as well be in a different country for all the good the last 15 years or so have gone. If both teams carry on their trajectory and we meet again next season though, back in business.

SlowerThanPlatt

The way I see it, if Leicester got relegated this year and we got promoted the attendance would be about 22,000 in my opinion with 18,000 Coventry fans. If Villa get relegated and we got promoted I think it would be near enough a sell out

pusbccfc

On what basis are Cov a bigger club and genuinely not being funny

You haven't won the FA Cup, surely that just settles it?

Seriously though, we are similar in many ways. Similar sized cities, same ground size, both had extended stints in the top flight. You have always maintained better crowds and used the move to the new ground to your advantage. We did the opposite when we moved.

Thing is with Leicester, just like Stoke, they have hit a successful period at the best possible time. The Premier League is huge and both clubs being in the top 10 will bring massive revenue and more supporter worldwide.
I have never ever considered Stoke a bigger club than us, but right now we are worlds apart and they don't look like they'll leave the top flight for many, many years to come.

pusbccfc

The way I see it, if Leicester got relegated this year and we got promoted the attendance would be about 22,000 in my opinion with 18,000 Coventry fans. If Villa get relegated and we got promoted I think it would be near enough a sell out

Yeah, you are correct.

However, we haven't played Villa in a crazily long time, so it would be like a one off type of game. We have played Leicester many times at the Ricoh and each time the attendance has dropped.

lifeskyblue

This year Villa will get relegated....Leicester won't.
Think Leicester will fade but I hope they don't. Would love a medium sized club to nick one of the champions league places. Last year was rooting for soton this year foxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread