Lifetime ban for Derby fan's abusive tweets (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Not enough, he needs to be locked in a room and to get an absolute beating as well.

Otis

Despicable behaviour. Lifetime ban is right punishment by Derby. These sort of comments need stamping out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate the defence of well it's just freedom of speech or banter. To me that is no defence.

Some disgusting stuff about on Twitter. Hardly ever go on there. So easy to hide behind your keyboard and just fling hurtful words about with gay abandon.

Nick

Administrator
I hate the defence of well it's just freedom of speech or banter. To me that is no defence.

Some disgusting stuff about on Twitter. Hardly ever go on there. So easy to hide behind your keyboard and just fling hurtful words about with gay abandon.

That's not freedom of speech though or stating an opinion, it's not even calling him a "fat twat" or something. It's speaking about a baby who had died, it's like with Kilbane getting abuse about his daughter being disabled.

There are some things that are way over the line.

vow

Not enough, he needs to be locked in a room and to get an absolute beating as well.
I agree it's not enough punishment, but advocating violence towards the twat is wrong too.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

No defence at all. Not freedom of speech, not banter or bit of fun, not being drunk or angry.
Was on twitter 6yrs or so ago but left after few months...couldn't see the point and couldn't keep words down to required length...oh and the foul mouths of some; kids acting 'big' and no hopers thinking they can change the world.
So now I'm just on here...kids acting big and....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I agree it's not enough punishment, but advocating violence towards the twat his wrong too.

He would soon learn after a slap and I'm pretty sure others would do.

It's the whole "untouchable" attitude that happens with things like this.

vow

He would soon learn after a slap and I'm pretty sure others would do.

It's the whole "untouchable" attitude that happens with things like this.
I don't like the "I'm untouchable" attitude either, it's cowardice. But saying "he would soon learn after a slap" is just wrong, as is violence of any kind, imo.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I don't like the "I'm touchable" attitude either, it's cowardice. But saying "he would soon learn after a slap" is just wrong, as is violence of any kind, imo.

What would happen if he walked into a pub for example and said things like that?

It's the same with police / bouncers etc. You see people giving them dogs abuse because they can't touch them. When I was 16/17 I wouldn't dream of standing and giving bouncers so much shit, I'd get my head caved in.

I see your point about violence and of course it's not "right" but I doubt a slap on the wrists would bother some people.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can't see anyone defending his comments to be fair.

There's a line with freedom of speech of course, this for example crossed that and he was rightly punished. Calling all Trump supporters 'literally Hitler' in attempt to stop them from saying 'make America great again', or burning 'free speech' signs because a some people have conflicting views from them is why people tend to defend the freedom of speech generally.

vow

What would happen if he walked into a pub for example and said things like that?

It's the same with police / bouncers etc. You see people giving them dogs abuse because they can't touch them. When I was 16/17 I wouldn't dream of standing and giving bouncers so much shit, I'd get my head caved in.

I see your point about violence and of course it's not "right" but I doubt a slap on the wrists would bother some people.
Indeed they'd probably get duffed up and banned from the pub and so would the guy doing the duffing up and charged too.
It's the keyboard warrior/untouchable/entitlement syndrome I can't stand of some people nowadays.

This Jordan Byrne has apologised and put on his twitter feed "I'm a giant fucking c**t" so it sounds like he regrets his actions, not that I'm advocating them.
Jordan Byrne (@jordanbyrne96) on Twitter

Nick

Administrator
Indeed they'd probably get duffed up and banned from the pub and so would the guy doing the duffing up and charged too.
It's the keyboard warrior/untouchable/entitlement syndrome I can't stand of some people nowadays.

This Jordan Byrne has apologised and put on his twitter feed "I'm a giant fucking c**t" so it sounds like he regrets his actions.

"duffed him up"

giphy.gif

Otis

This Jordan Byrne has apologised and put on his twitter feed "I'm a giant fucking c**t" so it sounds like he regrets his actions, not that I'm advocating them.

Yeah, once I was caught I'd regret my actions too

R

RB1992

Response from the club is just for show. Can't realistically enforce any club ban, let alone a lifetime one. What are they going to do? Get E-fits of what this chap may look like in 5/10/20 years time plastered on every turnstile for the rest of his life? How are they going to stop him attending away games? Are Derby going to send a dedicated team of stewards to every ground just to stop this chap and other banned fans from entering?

rob9872

Clearly the bloke is a first class prick and his tweet indefensible, but I would have thought naming and shaming, educating, making him do some good on behalf the charity and a shorter ban much more appropriate. Do you not really think one stupid moment is deserving of a second chance? How many homophobic or racist tweets or shouts from the terraces have there been? It seems they are somehow more acceptable. I imagine many of those condemning cheered in Marlon King’s goals (as did I) and other fans who have supported Lee H*ghes or Luke McCorprick etc say things like “they’ve served their time” etc.

Nick

Administrator
Clearly the bloke is a first class prick and his tweet indefensible, but I would have thought naming and shaming, educating, making him do some good on behalf the charity and a shorter ban much more appropriate. Do you not really think one stupid moment is deserving of a second chance? How many homophobic or racist tweets or shouts from the terraces have there been? It seems they are somehow more acceptable. I imagine many of those condemning cheered in Marlon King’s goals (as did I) and other fans who have supported Lee H*ghes or Luke McCorprick etc say things like “they’ve served their time” etc.

It's a bit different cheering a Marlon King goal compared to what he did.

I don't think anybody would say give him the electric chair, I just think either a slap or make him do charity work and apogise properly. Or both.

rob9872

You missed the point a little Nick. I wasn't comparing those two actions, but merely pointing out Marlon's crimes were far more serious and yet many of us were willing to forgive, yet this guy gets a lifetime 'sentence' and some were saying not enough. I'd make the punishment more worthy and yes a banned time to reflect, but also adding some perspective.

Sick Boy

It's a bit different cheering a Marlon King goal compared to what he did.

I don't think anybody would say give him the electric chair, I just think either a slap or make him do charity work and apogise properly. Or both.

Showing him round a children's hospital might actually give him an insight into how vile his behaviour was

bringbackrattles

Just seen this thread. What a vile thing to say. That's not banter that's nasty and well out of order. As I've mentioned on here before my baby son died nearly 30 years ago,but can still recall the hurt it caused etc.
If someone had said nasty comments to me back then I would have reacted with violence no doubt. Of course violence is wrong but when the red mist comes down don't expect much else.

Users who are viewing this thread