Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Always been my 2nd team. Look serious contenders this year after some very good additions! Just reading they are after Allison the keeper for 60 million, hopefully it happens!

Nick

Administrator
2nd teams???

giphy.gif

Bugsy

Just Cov and England for me that's enough stress to deal with in the football side of things....PUSB

ConnorDevine

I chose Morecambe as a 2nd team when we were still in the championship because our results were so miserable, (absolutely not) funny how things work out

no_loyalty

Yeah, City and England. No-one else, though I obviously have a soft spot for Sunderland, Sheffield United, Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff.

What about Leicester and Villa?

Covkid1968#

Coming from a family of scousers who moved down to Cov - Liverpool is my second team, although I haven't been to watch them for years. Then I met the other half who is also a scouser and supports Everton....things got complicated. So I'm trying to support one team...Cov. But I am going to Goodison new years day because I'm in Liverpool and they are playing Leicester !!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I, too, have always been a big fan of Liverpool, but that goes back to the days of the mid 70's. Players such as Ian Callaghan, Ray Clemence, Emlyn Hughes, Steve Heighway, John Toshack, Kevin Keegan, Alan Hansen, Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush...……. the list is endless! Thing is, when City played Liverpool, it was the Sky Blues who always stole my heart!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Strange innit?

I always hated LFC.......when I was a kid in the 70's, they just seemed to win fucking everything so my hatred was based on jealousy.

Then, as a teenager, in the 1980s, I witnessed how low & scummy some of their fans were, so the hatred was towards their fans & club, who still kept on winning everything.

Then they got us banned from Europe & we won the cup......they became the no.1 cuntish fans in the country as far as I was concerned.

Then Hillsborough happened live on TV & I felt numb. Once the shock subsided & the truth was out, I felt bad that I had hated them.

Then I moved to the fine city of Liverpool in 1995 and ......and I now fucking hate LFC & their dribbling self-obsessed fans more than ever.......they've never won the premier league....not really come close with the possible exception of 1 season......yet the press & media can't stop wanking over them & their "special nights" at anfield.......twats.

Houchens Head

Strange innit?

I always hated LFC.......when I was a kid in the 70's, they just seemed to win fucking everything so my hatred was based on jealousy.

Then, as a teenager, in the 1980s, I witnessed how low & scummy some of their fans were, so the hatred was towards their fans & club, who still kept on winning everything.

Then they got us banned from Europe & we won the cup......they became the no.1 cuntish fans in the country as far as I was concerned.

Then Hillsborough happened live on TV & I felt numb. Once the shock subsided & the truth was out, I felt bad that I had hated them.

Then I moved to the fine city of Liverpool in 1995 and ......and I now fucking hate LFC & their dribbling self-obsessed fans more than ever.......they've never won the premier league....not really come close with the possible exception of 1 season......yet the press & media can't stop wanking over them & their "special nights" at anfield.......twats.
Oh dear. Sour grapes! :emoji_yum::emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

Grendel

Oh dear. Sour grapes! :emoji_yum::emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

He's right - they pretend there is some great tradition from their City and the team and they are somehow deserve special status as they were a dominant force 30 years ago - Its the North West version of West Ham

Houchens Head

He's right - they pretend there is some great tradition from their City and the team and they are somehow deserve special status as they were a dominant force 30 years ago - Its the North West version of West Ham
Like I said..... Sour fuckin' grapes!

Houchens Head

From my memory us vs them in the 90s we would always beat them at HR. The 5.1 victory was immense.

There's loads of 'them' down in Brighton as well. Theyre from here but sing their songs in a scouse accent, it's fookin weird.
I remember that game at HR very well SB!

SkyblueBazza

I, too, have always been a big fan of Liverpool, but that goes back to the days of the mid 70's. Players such as Ian Callaghan, Ray Clemence, Emlyn Hughes, Steve Heighway, John Toshack, Kevin Keegan, Alan Hansen, Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush...……. the list is endless! Thing is, when City played Liverpool, it was the Sky Blues who always stole my heart!
Yes...I had a real like of that era. They were like a really well-oiled machine.
No Liverpool side since comes close except the occasional relatively light weight threat. Their achievements were just immense at the time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Moff

Lived with two Liverpool fans in Sheffield for a couple of years. Has made me dislike LFC with a passion ever since after hearing story after story about their league winning glory days. That was 1992 and since then they haven't won it once. To see their faces when Man Utd won it for the first time after their long wait was truly a picture worth seeing.

To be fair the lads were brilliant and I still keep in touch with one of them today, but bloody hell they put me off their football club.

Houchens Head

Lived with two Liverpool fans in Sheffield for a couple of years. Has made me dislike LFC with a passion ever since after hearing story after story about their league winning glory days. That was 1992 and since then they haven't won it once. To see their faces when Man Utd won it for the first time after their long wait was truly a picture worth seeing.

To be fair the lads were brilliant and I still keep in touch with one of them today, but bloody hell they put me off their football club.
But surely, that's similar hearing about how Coventry City were never relegated from top tier football for 34 years! But then it happened. I'm sure every club and team has its story to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread