Loan Players 2016/17 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueRuffian

"admits he will again be forced to rely on the loan market to supplement his squad – hoping that he can get the balance right with experienced heads to avoid another boom and bust promotion campaign"

Same again next season then?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe we can all rip the piss out of Adrian Durham again if they do well and then shout about loans if they don't.

It depends who we get in, hard to judge without seeing them. We could have some decent loans in that make the difference and compliment the full time players.

steve82

Not exactly a shock is it. Most league 1 clubs needs loans to supplement there squads. TM has said before your loan players are your best players.
Ideally they won't be as fragile as some we've had this year and see a whole season through performance wise.
Who no's what loan may come in

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like the Sisu spin merchants are getting ready to blag the fans again for season tickets. It wont work this time, Cov fans can see though this short termist, go nowhere nonsense.

Time for Cov fans to organise against Sisu.Starting with a Season Ticket boycott.
Sisu Out.

NOPM

That will do it! Let's not buy any tickets or anything then cry like bitches that we have to get loans like pretty much every other League 1 club.

SkyBlueZack

Might end up with another arma situation though. It's a difficult thing to get right and judge. Still if people boycott we won't have many options.

covcity4life

it makes sense to go for loans again, just need to make sure we avoid some of the issues that come with them. looks like TM is looking into that

as always i will be excited as fuck withe evry pre season signing

Warwickhunt

Hope we Stick with Just 3 Loans then as it is a bugger juggling the sqaud when you have too many

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
it makes sense to go for loans again, just need to make sure we avoid some of the issues that come with them. looks like TM is looking into that

as always i will be excited as fuck withe evry pre season signing

Yup and to anyone who says 'they're shit', I'll say 'let's give them a chance' and a bit later I'll think; 'Oh, they are shit'. :D

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think it's as much who he gets in, but how he manages them individually and collectively. Apart from some shite, a lot of his signings have been good, good enough at least to have been able to get out of the league this season. Armstrong is a real piece of gold and if he had been given the service would have scored significantly more goals, but instead Mowbray opted to play different sorts of players rather than the ones we had earlier in the season that were providing him with things to do.

He's let himself down massively on team selection and man management i'd say, and I think this has a large amount to do with our downfall this season. If he can learn from that then we'll have a chance I think, whether they are loan or permanent signings.

skybluetony176

It stands to reason that we will have to dip into the loan market again. What i would hope is that next season the squad isn't dependant on them like this season and they are a suppliment not the back bone.

covcity4life

lets be honest, they were the backbone because they were so brilliant

if they had been average then our permanent players would have got more of a look in

getting great loans isnt something we should look down upon

SBAndy

Any loans we get in should be guaranteed season-long loans with no recall clause. Just saves the mad panic if one of them does well.

Speedies_Chips

Maybe we can all rip the piss out of Adrian Durham again if they do well and then shout about loans if they don't.

It depends who we get in, hard to judge without seeing them. We could have some decent loans in that make the difference and compliment the full time players.

As in, hey Stokesy, you've got a lovely smile!

Chipfat

I wish TM was so excited by his own U-18's and U21's. This is a mess, i know teams from the lower leagues need loans but the truth is we are a big fish in a small pond and are being used by premiership clubs. I would prefer us to groom and develope a majority of our own youth kids other than improve other teams squads. We have now become the next step up for prem acamedmies. We have no ambition to be successful, our only ambition is to survive and drive the running costs down, in this plan of falling budgets does promotion or progress fit in?.

Also this should put to bed about maddison money being re invested we have no money to spend, we are building no foundations and the owners are keeping this bullshit up very well by selling us on false promises. If you want to get out of this league you have to spend on key areas of the field and bulid depth to create competition within the group, we have a squad that is either too old or too young in experience or age.

Its a Mess and if fans want to carry on in hope that one day it will be different because others have lower budgets but are doing better then carry on. The difference is they have a plan off the field on the field and have a desire to drive the club beyond what they should be really capable of. Our owners only have drive and desire to bring the budget into line for them, while Bulshitting to us next year will be the one.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
"It’s not easy with no money to recruit"

So what happened to us having one of the bigger budgets in the league?

Was it just this season we were prepared to throw a bit more than normal (£'s) in an attempt at gaining promotion?

Paid for a player, signed a fair few 'frees', doubt the players we have on loan don't command a loan fee or wage contribution?

SkyBlueZack

Think he means money for transfers. At the same time they are paying a fee for jones. Maybe he is trying to play down fans expectations or not letting other clubs know we got bit of money?

Covstu

We need more stability, this season we were overly reliant on loanees which gives you no protection if they don't perform or their parent club pulls them back. I have less of an issue for 1 year loans as they should be settled and know that they are here for that season. Kent was short term and was pulled out, Armo was 6 months which caused a lot of issues on renewal time which was a factor in him underperforming (not sure what his excuse is now!).

Ideal scenario, we get 3 quality 1 year loans.

Nick

Administrator
We need more stability, this season we were overly reliant on loanees which gives you no protection if they don't perform or their parent club pulls them back. I have less of an issue for 1 year loans as they should be settled and know that they are here for that season. Kent was short term and was pulled out, Armo was 6 months which caused a lot of issues on renewal time which was a factor in him underperforming (not sure what his excuse is now!).

Ideal scenario, we get 3 quality 1 year loans.

did it cause issues with Armstrong though or was it the press / fans hyping it up?

AFCCOVENTRY

You would think with the likes of Tudgay, MAF, Henderson as perm strikes moving on should mean we can sign at least 2 perm strikers.

He seems very downbeat on us signing our own attacking players. Yes we will need some loans here and there but he should be able to bring in our own strikers.

SkyBlueZack

Think in part because attacking players cost more and are more difficult to come by. On the positive though premiership teams are keen/happy for us to have their best youngsters which can only be a good thing. I didn't know anything about Armstrong so let's hope there is another one out there that TM and MV have their sights on.

steve82

Some good goal scorers down the leagues available on a free. Conference has a couple notably Dan holdman at Cheltenham. 26 goals in 41.
Millwalls lee Gregory is free scoring at this level and was signed from Halifax.

torchomatic

Problem is we had to many injuries at the back. We wouldn't have had half the loans or short terms signings we'd had then. If we hadn't've had Willis and Reda out then we'd probably not have seen Turner, Stephens, Cargill, Ramage, etc so I think we've had to be dependent on them. Hopefully, next season we'll mainly have a squad of our own players to moan about.

It stands to reason that we will have to dip into the loan market again. What i would hope is that next season the squad isn't dependant on them like this season and they are a suppliment not the back bone.

SkyBlueZack

Hopefully no long term injuries, we've done well with suspensions this year just not injuries at the back. Saying that though doing well with suspensions could be seen as having a soft underbelly. Either way let's hope we find a balance between technical abilty and physicality. We'll need both.

Users who are viewing this thread