Loan Signings (1 Viewer)

idm1975

Has been documented that we are going to be delving into the loan market for some "quality" loanees. Anyone heard any rumours as to who we are after?

sky blue john

I would rather not hear anything untill it happens !!!!!! if it happens ?
I don't want to hear about bu ll sh it speculation either !!!!!!!!

skybluesam66

do you really believe there will be

AT keeps referring to it in interviews, and was also in Onye's letter, but to be honest - cant see anybody coming in

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
when does the loan window shut ?

If they were going to happen then it would be now. All premiership squads and European squads been submitted. The only negative i have, has Thorn got any decent contacts? Managers like Alladyce, Sven etc... good mates with Premiership Managers. Whereas Thorn i doubt speaks to many if any.

crowsnest

Loan window closes November 24th.

You can loan a player for 93 days maximum. So loans after the end of September can stay with the club until the January transfer window opens, otherwise players will have go to back to their club.

Number of loans to championship clubs so far - 1 (Danny Collins, Stoke to Ipswich)

kg82

If they were going to happen then it would be now. All premiership squads and European squads been submitted. The only negative i have, has Thorn got any decent contacts? Managers like Alladyce, Sven etc... good mates with Premiership Managers. Whereas Thorn i doubt speaks to many if any.

Wouldn't be so sure. Remember, he was a Premiership footballer for a number of years, is getting a good reputation for playing nice football and bringing through youth.

Wouldn't be so sure. Remember, he was a Premiership footballer for a number of years, is getting a good reputation for playing nice football and bringing through youth.

Know what your saying but has he got the same pull? Altough that Ward last year was rated a decent player by many and in Jan he signed for Hudds.

Covstu

They lied to us! Bastards!!

Damn SISU saying they are going to loan players and they dont, Out!! Out!! Out!! Out!!

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

kg82

Know what your saying but has he got the same pull? Altough that Ward last year was rated a decent player by many and in Jan he signed for Hudds.

Nope, nowhere near the same pull, but Lambert wouldn't have had that last year until Premiership managers realised the sort of football he played. Hopefully Thorn can build his reputation like that.

howzer

Banned
yes i agree the 25 man squad anouncements are going to be a critical week or two, those surpless players all looking for a side to play for on loan until they find something better, yes they will be temporary for one year but if we use our nouse for once we could get a few prem class players who fancy automatice first team play for a year simply to keep their fitness levels high. heres hoping.

kg82

You are a rude orrid piece of work aren't you?

Hah, what?! No, I'm not. Sensitive soul aren't you. I'm pretty sure SBJ will be able to take that message (said merely in jest) so no reason for you to get involved really is there.

Nonleagueherewecome

"Sensitive soul are you" is better, Yoda makes it sound like then does it.

I just bumped into my "source" in town but although they expected something this week, apparantly "it's all gone quiet".

hamil99

Facebook User
Maybe thorns thinkin, with the players he's got coming back and the youth players stepping up to the plate, he'll save the loan signing money till January, when we may hav more injuries and the squad needs freshening up.

bamalamafizzfazz

Nope, nowhere near the same pull, but Lambert wouldn't have had that last year until Premiership managers realised the sort of football he played. Hopefully Thorn can build his reputation like that.

Lambert was a quality, respected International footballer who also won the Champions League in Germany so I think to use him against Thorn is an unfair, bad comparison.

kg82

Lambert was a quality, respected International footballer who also won the Champions League in Germany so I think to use him against Thorn is an unfair, bad comparison.

You misunderstand, I wasn't using him as a comparison in playing career, just where they are/were as a manager. Lambert's success last season with loan players (and of course, in general) hopefully, could make it easier for Thorn to persuade Prem managers to loan some quality to us.

Wallace

We have the ex England coach as assistant and he has a lot of friends in the game. Maybe AT knows people down the divisions but Harrisons does definitely has contacts.

fanta80

Thorn was our scout prior to taking the job which would get a lot of contacts, plus before that he was in a similar position at Everton. To suggest he is short of contacts isnt too accurate i would say.

Nonleagueherewecome

have we hired a new scout?

Why bother? We aint got no dosh to spend on players anyway. In the meantime, AT still has plenty of names in his little black book in case we do get chucked a few pennies to spend on a lower-league gem (eg Hussey, Dunn..or a new Jay Tabb-type would be nice).

I can seriously see there being something in the James Constable rumours...I'm certain he's someone AT will have scouted, and he's been linked on several ocaisions now. We could do to Oxford what Boro tried to do to us with a loan-to-perm deal. Decent goalscoring record, was highly rated at Walsall as a youngster, quick, chases and harries defenders, a leader and is strong as an ox so could play a similar role to Lukas. Absolutely horrible forward to play against. Looks to me like one of those players who could seamlessly move up the divisions.

No, I am not his agent :D

Wallace

AT stated a while back that he would continue to scout. Don't know if it has been possible but I think he enjoys that side of football.

kg82

Why bother? We aint got no dosh to spend on players anyway. In the meantime, AT still has plenty of names in his little black book in case we do get chucked a few pennies to spend on a lower-league gem (eg Hussey, Dunn..or a new Jay Tabb-type would be nice).

I can seriously see there being something in the James Constable rumours...I'm certain he's someone AT will have scouted, and he's been linked on several ocaisions now. We could do to Oxford what Boro tried to do to us with a loan-to-perm deal. Decent goalscoring record, was highly rated at Walsall as a youngster, quick, chases and harries defenders, a leader and is strong as an ox so could play a similar role to Lukas. Absolutely horrible forward to play against. Looks to me like one of those players who could seamlessly move up the divisions.

No, I am not his agent :D

Saw him play a couple of times for Kiddy Harriers. Good player, don't know if he could make the step up but it wouldn't be a bad shout.

Users who are viewing this thread