Love snow (1 Viewer)

Otis

I love snow too, but do always feel sorry for people like Nick has just said, who have to drive in it. Can be quite treacherous.

I have to go out, but only to take the missus to town and back.

Always take it carefully when the weather is like this, but no doubt there will still be people driving just as normal and also without lights on too.

Nick

Administrator
Wouldn't mind if it was in the car, but it's a shite van with loads of weight in the back. So it's going to potentially take 3-4 hours :(

Otis

Wouldn't mind if it was in the car, but it's a shite van with loads of weight in the back. So it's going to potentially take 3-4 hours :(
Are you white van man?

If so, tell me when you are out and about and where and I will make sure I walk.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just been out to drop off my wife at work it was no fun lorrys were struggling to get up the hill to George Eliot

Nick

Administrator
Got about 30 yards and it got stuck, I dont think any other cars had tried since my wife went earlier.

I know its only a bit of snow but there's no chance of safely getting out of the street while the snow is so thick and cars are all double parked.

Nick

Administrator
If we were at home today at the Ricoh, it would surely be called off wouldn't it due to the traffic issues and fan safety?

Otis

It'll be total chaos at Walsgrave Hospital. First sign of snow and A&E fills up with elderly patients, standing room only.
Told my mum and dad to stay in and not venture out at all.

They say they have no food at all in the house, but I assured them I will be round on Tuesday to sort them out.

stupot07

Just watching a guy with a focus ST trying to drive his car, skidding all over thr place and getting over taken by everyone including pedestrians! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Do they have snow ploughs in the area? Guess it would be pointless having them for 1 day every few years but surely must be a couple for emergencies?

dutchman

I remember the blizzard of 1992, cars were just abandoned in the middle of the street at any odd angle. It took four days for a snow plough to clear a path from the city centre to Spon End, and that was only on the main road.

Nick

Administrator
I remember the blizzard of 1992, cars were just abandoned in the middle of the street at any odd angle. It took four days for a snow plough to clear a path from the city centre to Spon End, and that was only on the main road.

I am hoping it clears up by tonight / overnight. :(

The snow is no fun as an adult.

Otis

Do they have snow ploughs in the area? Guess it would be pointless having them for 1 day every few years but surely must be a couple for emergencies?
Think they have them on standby just for Wasps emergencies, you know, for the pop up open toe sandal shop and clearing the way for the Pimms truck.

wingy

They should be out by now
On the motorways anyhow
On the front of the gritters

Nick

Administrator
They should be out by now
On the motorways anyhow
On the front of the gritters

Hopefully they will clear it for later.

This morning there were lorries and cars sliding sideways all down the motorway so they hadn't been out then.

This as well

Nick

Administrator
Best advice
Don't take a vehicle out today, stay local and on foot only.

It's ok at a push for today, don't gave to work in the end. Tomorrow is going to be a massive pain with schools etc.

Wife is doing a 14 hour shift and will have to drive home after, not looking forward to that for her :(

Nick

Administrator
What's funny is, where my friend lives in New York they routinely get two feet of snow and have no trouble coping!

They will have people out clearing the roads and everything though won't they?

I'd have no issues going out if I could physically get out of the street with a guarantee or not smashing into a parked car because of the deep snow :(

wingy

It's ok at a push for today, don't gave to work in the end. Tomorrow is going to be a massive pain with schools etc.

Wife is doing a 14 hour shift and will have to drive home after, not looking forward to that for her :(
What time does she finish Nick
Might just be a bit easier by 4 ish
Thing is No matter how confident we all are, it's gauranteed someone or Something will end up blocking everything up, like I've just heard junction 6north M6.

Users who are viewing this thread