Ludicrous...........will this still fit with new rules (1 Viewer)

kg82

What I will say is that if Torres, Rooney, Toure, Eto'o etc etc are on between £150-£300k a week then Messi is worth that money in the realms of football. It's ridiculous money, that's been going on in football for too long now, and I can't see it stopping any time soon. I'm not sure what their turnover is but they're one of the most marketable clubs in the world.

rob9872

I have just calculated (i'm on €1,200 a month) it will take me over 41 YEARS to earn what he will earn in a WEEK.

That is his top line - he pays tax on that. €1200 = less than £1k. I would be amazed if that was your top line unless you're flipping burgers. In fact minimum wage is surely more than that for full-time?

Mucca Mad Boys

What a disgusting figure.

I don't Messi, I blame football.

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

kg82

Actually, if you're going to blame anybody, it should probably be our very own Sir Jimmy (although, I'm sure the last thing he was thinking about was players being on money like this).

Otis

£600,000?

This is why so many people are beginning to really hate the game and drift away.

Ridiculous and indeed, ludicrous.

wingy

The are no humans worthy of salaries at this level,the ones that are most deserving are the lifesavers who work their miracles for people like us on a daily basis.

scroobiustom

The are no humans worthy of salaries at this level,the ones that are most deserving are the lifesavers who work their miracles for people like us on a daily basis.

Thanks wingy i'll take a cheque?

Brighton Sky Blue

As a matter of comparison-Barclays hire graduates on base salaries of £36k/year, with an £8,000 joining bonus at the start.

I picked the wrong course.

superskyblue

As much as I understand your sentiment I can't agree with it. Ultimately we live in a world that is driven by money and Messi brings in lord knows how much money through his talent. It's not a case of who deserves the money more, rather its a case of Messi is worth this much in terms of Barcelona's revenue so therefore he should get paid X amount of money. It's basic economics and regrettably that is the world we live in and there is no way it's going to change.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

That is his top line - he pays tax on that. €1200 = less than £1k. I would be amazed if that was your top line unless you're flipping burgers. In fact minimum wage is surely more than that for full-time?

The cost of living here is a little bit lower than the U.K., and so wages are lower in comparison. Minimum wage here is also different, as different vocations have different minimum wage settings. As a coach driver i'm on the minimum wage for a coach driver, if you were a cleaner for example, I believe your minimum wage would be around €600 a month. figures i was given by my assesoria (accountant)

Speaking to people over here about messi they believe he is worth it until they put into context how much it actually equates to them - more of the opinion yes he's a gifted player worthy of good money but this is purely ridiculous, considering people are loosing jobs over here all of the time.

A friend of mine here has just taken his boss to court over not being paid for the last 3 months - which seems to becoming normal to some over here.

Covstu

sadly its the way the market is going, the top players should be rewarded for performing well and there is no-one better than Messi. Exactly the same as these city bankers getting millions, you pay for the demand and the demand for football is high.

Users who are viewing this thread