LVG on Danny Welbeck (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So LVG has told Sky Sports News that Welbeck was sold as he wasn't good enough; he wasn't a Rooney or a Welbeck. Goes on to say how Falcoa played in a training game, and scored a goal.

Seems to me he's struggling to justify the sale with this line! It's only training!

I personally hope that Falcoa fails (the money he is earning in this deal is unreal and rediculous), but I also hope Welbeck does well (I'm not his biggest fan but he has a point to prove to a lot of people and I now hope he makes LVG eat his words)

wingy

So LVG has told Sky Sports News that Welbeck was sold as he wasn't good enough; he wasn't a Rooney or a Welbeck. Goes on to say how Falcoa played in a training game, and scored a goal.

Seems to me he's struggling to justify the sale with this line! It's only training!

I personally hope that Falcoa fails (the money he is earning in this deal is unreal and rediculous), but I also hope Welbeck does well (I'm not his biggest fan but he has a point to prove to a lot of people and I now hope he makes LVG eat his words)

Slightly Bizzarre comment from Wenger today Re; Wellbeck .

Said he was signed while he was away or something and he would have preferred a loan deal.

Hardly a motivational Inducement to Wellbeck .

Is It because he's English ,Is he trying to placate Giroud in some way ?

Who IMO IS not a world class player and barely good enough for the Prem.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slightly Bizzarre comment from Wenger today Re; Wellbeck .

Said he was signed while he was away or something and he would have preferred a loan deal.

Hardly a motivational Inducement to Wellbeck .

Is It because he's English ,Is he trying to placate Giroud in some way ?

Who IMO IS not a world class player and barely good enough for the Prem.

Yh I seen a comment about him being signed while he was away. Sure Welbeck will want to prove a point to both of them, and only Arsenal can benefit from that.

Otis

Welbeck wasn't a Welbeck? :confused:

stupot07

Don't diss scoring goals in training, Cody scored a hatrick in his debut training session....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

I think this will be one of the 'things you wished you never said' comments. Wellbeck for the money they have paid is a great buy particularly given the fact that he is English (which for some bizarre reason increases your stock). I dont think he is a player that can get 30 goals a season and win you the league but more that capable of getting 15-20 through a season.

Otis

I think this will be one of the 'things you wished you never said' comments. Wellbeck for the money they have paid is a great buy particularly given the fact that he is English (which for some bizarre reason increases your stock). I dont think he is a player that can get 30 goals a season and win you the league but more that capable of getting 15-20 through a season.

Agree, he's never going to be prolific. With Welbeck though you'll have a player who can win you games with one little bit of magic.

Covstu

Agree, he's never going to be prolific. With Welbeck though you'll have a player who can win you games with one little bit of magic.

it will be a nice headache for Hodgson to have if Sturridge and Wellbeck and regularly scoring.

skybluebennett

I would really like to see him do well at Arsenal. I think he will be alright and score his fair share of goals, but I can't see him becoming a prolific premier league striker (sadly!)

The added price on English players is partly down to the need of having 'home grown players' for european competitions

LastGarrison

I totally agreed with LVG, Welbeck isn't a prolific goal scorer and with the wealth of attacking options Man United now have why wouldn't you sell him?

Whether I'd sell him to my rivals at that price is a different matter altogether though.

Users who are viewing this thread