Mancini - Title in the balance (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

mancinipic_2544623.jpg
Roberto Mancini has no idea where his side stand in the title race in what has been a 'strange season', while he insists Carlos Tevez is now fully focused.
City moved into second place in the Premier League on Boxing Day as a 3-1 win at Newcastle
spacer.gif
provided the perfect response to a previous home defeat to Everton. Tevez scored twice, while Gareth Barry also found the back of the net as Andy Carroll's header could only offer a consolation for Newcastle.
The win ensured City stayed two points behind leaders Manchester United, but Mancini's side have played two games more than their derby rivals to leave the Italian uncertain on the title race.

Difficult

Asked where the win at St James' Park left his team in the title race, the City boss replied: "I don't know.
"It has been a strange season because there isn't at the moment one team which has 10 points more than anyone else.
"Every game is difficult for each team. We must only continue to improve if it is possible."
Tevez looked back to his best against Newcastle after withdrawing a transfer request earlier in December and the Argentine's manager is pleased the issue is in the past.

Fantastic

Mancini said: "I am happy that Carlos scored two goals but I am happy for all my players. Mentally Carlos is fine. He scored two goals and played well.
"Everything is finished with Carlos. We are all just focusing on the season and he is as focused as all of us. I was impressed with his performance today, but I like the way all the team played. It was very important after the Everton defeat."
The win at Newcastle marked Mancini's one-year anniversary as City boss and he said: "I like Boxing Day! Last year we won, this year we win.
"It has been enjoyable but we need to improve again. If we can do this we can arrive at the top, we can win something at the end of the season. I knew it would be difficult.
"One word to describe the year? Fantastic. I think that at this moment this league is the best in Europe."
pencil.png

Users who are viewing this thread