Mansfield V Liverpool (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Great second half Mansfield have had! Lost only to a goal that shouldnt have counted! Suarez cheating again and ive no idea how the lino (atleast) didnt see the direction of the ball could only have changed by him handling the ball!).

Their striker Green looks a useful player though!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Mansfield really had a go and pegged back Liverpool at times. Wish we had managed to do that to Spurs yesterday :)

Their manager has said they didn't start quick enough in the first half and were distracted by the occasion. Same lines as Robins analysis of us yesterday!

Mansfield put alot more into their fixture though imo. Especially the second half

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Brendan Rodgers just said it was unintentional :facepalm:

Carragher said in one sentence "I was at the other end of the pitch so couldn't see" but then in answer to another question he said "I put it down to being a rebound onto his hand" or something along those lines. Talk about contradicting himself and finding himself lying!

AngryAnt

Classic Suarez, will go down as one of the great cheats of football. Shame because he is an amazing player

Its a shame because before he moved to England and that hand ball to save his team in the WC (then the massively chearing and shouting that he did following the save), i used to really like him.

Now, he's just an overpaid bleep in my opinion.

Mansfield gave it a go and its hard not to feel sorry for them after seeing that goal in slow motion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The defence of Suarez for his handball has been incredible, pretty much both managers have came out and said Luis is not to blame. Former refs coming out and saying it wasn't handball and Suarez not to blame etc.
Dermot Gallagher ex ref
"Referees have to analyze the proximity of the ball, its speed, and whether the player moved his hand towards the ball," he explained. "In this case, the ball traveled minimally and at speed, and I do not believe Suarez moved his hand to the ball until after he had been hit, so in law the referee is right."
Rodgers
The ball has hit him and it is up to the officials what they do. It hit his hand no question but it was not deliberate. It is unfortunate for Mansfield because it ends up being the winning goal but the game should have been out of sight by then."
Cox Mansfield manager
‘That’s when you need a referee or a linesman to spot those kind of things. I don’t think he [Suarez] did anything wrong.
‘I don’t want to get involved in that. What he did was instinctive.

And now ESPN commentators are being told off for there commentary

The striker’s actions prompted ESPN’s commentator Jon Champion to declare: “That, I’m afraid, is the work of a cheat.” The broadcaster yesterday said it had reprimanded Champion for his comments.

In a statement, it said: “We take our responsibility to deliver the highest standards of coverage to our viewers. ESPN’s editorial policy is for commentators to be unbiased and honest, to call things as they see them.

“Inevitably this can involve treading a fine line on occasion, especially in the heat of the moment. Comments during the Mansfield v Liverpool match caused offence where none was intended and we have spoken to our commentator about this incident.”

The guy is a serial cheater, it can't be argued. Anyone defending it is condoning cheating

A lot of people are saying it is the officials job to spot it, well it is but does that mean cheating is ok and acceptable as long as you don't get caught by the ref?

I guess Fellaini wasn't in the wrong nutting Shawcross as it is the referees job to spot it and he didn't

Users who are viewing this thread