Marcella (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Does anybody else watch this? Only just heard about it so going to start from the beginning (no spoilers yet please) :)

lifeskyblue

Yes watch it. Last one tonight. I had high hopes at series start but must say I think it has lost its way a little. Not on a par with line of duty in my opinion. I'm not sure how it will end as last nights episode had a bit of a surprise at the close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Yes watch it. Last one tonight. I had high hopes at series start but must say I think it has lost its way a little. Not on a par with line of duty in my opinion. I'm not sure how it will end as last nights episode had a bit of a surprise at the close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it along the lines of Line of Duty?

Otis

I find it very, very frustrating. Too muddled and far too many 'key' characters popping out all over the place. Hard to fathom what on earth is going on even though you follow it all, if that makes sense.

Rather pretentious and a tad irritating to boot I would say, with next to nothing in common with Line of Duty.

Really pushed credibility with key police with a personal, vested interest still allowed to carry on and interview suspects they have personal associations with.

Have kept watching, but now can't wait for it all to end. Could have been so much better, but I have found it hard work and a muddled mess.

Nick

Administrator
I find it very, very frustrating. Too muddled and far too many 'key' characters popping out all over the place. Hard to fathom what on earth is going on even though you follow it all, if that makes sense.

Rather pretentious and a tad irritating to boot I would say, with next to nothing in common with Line of Duty.

Really pushed credibility with key police with a personal, vested interest still allowed to carry on and interview suspects they have personal associations with.

Have kept watching, but now can't wait for it all to end. Could have been so much better, but I have found it hard work and a muddled mess.

Is it as frustrating as when Line of Duty kept missing obvious stuff with Dot?

Otis

Is it as frustrating as when Line of Duty kept missing obvious stuff with Dot?

Yeah, but in a different way. People are suspects or suspected and have personal relationships with the police carrying out the investigations. All rather implausible and the main character keeps bending the rules and ignoring instructions, yet still remains on the case.

Everyone seems to know everyone. One suspect is known by another suspect and there are tie ins like 'oh this one is this one's barber's that sort of thing.

Been trimmed down a lot now, but it was over packed with characters and you began not to care about it anymore at times.

Otis

Example Nick is the police detective's (Anna Friel) estranged husband was having an affair with a woman from the company he works for and she is murdered. Anna Friel is investigating that murder.

That same company have been doing some dodgy building planning (trying to get round restrictions put in place for the contract) and the guy from the authority turning down the application is then also murdered and the police detective investigating that case is in love with the detective (Anna Friel) investigating the other murder case (her husband's lover).

Then there is the murdered girl's brother whose friend is in a gay relationship with a guy who becomes the murder suspect, but then his partner then himself becomes the murder suspect.

It all moves around in a very small world circle and is rather unbelievable.

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's got Anna Friel in it, so I'll watch it at some point

Captain Dart

Pipehitterz

i thought it was good
the tie ins just added to the story
left a few things open for the inevitable second series
not as good as broadchurch, im yet to find anything that is as good as that

Nick

Administrator
I have watched the first 4, where she realises he didn't do all of them!

Enjoying it so far, but like Line of Duty things don't make sense. Like with the CCTV outside the woman's house, they get her to check it even though she was doing her husband. Then they find out she was looking at the CCTV on date's earlier, so they get HER to check again rather than somebody else.

Otis

I have watched the first 4, where she realises he didn't do all of them!

Enjoying it so far, but like Line of Duty things don't make sense. Like with the CCTV outside the woman's house, they get her to check it even though she was doing her husband. Then they find out she was looking at the CCTV on date's earlier, so they get HER to check again rather than somebody else.

Yep, ridiculous! Her superior officers already don't trust her, yet let her get away with murder (no pun intended).

She would have been suspended for her behaviour and rule breaking.

stupot07

Although it was a good twist and entertaining, marcella just pissed me off you just couldn't warm to her in anyway

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I love Anna Friel, but hated her character. She was very cold and selfish. Hard to warm to a character like that.

Nick

Administrator
What the hell is that all about? Feel cheated.

Not much actually got explained in the end.

Apart from the fact there are people who sleep move bodies and put them in the woods.

Nick

Administrator
Still annoys me this does, they didn't clear things up.

What did the little girl have to do with it? Why on earth did she move a body and not remember it?

Who shot the taxi driver and why?

Users who are viewing this thread