Marlon King : I would love to join Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It looks pretty much a done deal now doesn't it? Is this the clubs way of gently breaking the news?

Yesterday we had made a formal approach, today he would love to sign for us.

More info - CET

mikeskyblue

It's certainly looking like he could be heading for us. The next question will be when will him be fit enough to play 90 minutes

ccfc luke

Im feeling alot more confident on signing Marlon now.
Hopefully will give the team a cutting edge up front :cool:

PUSB

CurryMonster

I cant wait to see marlon king in a city shirt, i really hope we sign him, i think he wil bag 15+ goals

CoxyCCFC

It'd be a good signing and his agent has revealed he is fit. You never know, things could happen and he doesn't sign but his relationship with Aidy looks key. I hope we get him in before Millwall.

Nick

Administrator
I still don't think he will be fully fit even if he is in good physical shape. He will have to make a few off the bench appearances.

It is a shame we don't have our reserves :(

Dublinskyblue

Even "Off the bench" appearances could make all the difference in a match where we are struggling. Especially if he does the business early on, gets the fans behind him, which in turn will boost his confidence and hopefully silence the Boo Boys among our own ranks before they get a chance to start.

Sky Blue Luke

Looks like he's all but signed, his agent keeps dropping hints and now he says this :)

Can't actually find where he says ''I'd love to join Coventry City'' though :confused:

I'm really cynical about signing Marlon King, mainly because of his past criminal record, the fact he's 30 years old and coming off a good period out of the game, so may well be lacking fitness and the idea that we're going to pay him £10,000 a week...

I mean, we let Clinton Morrison go because he was a high-earner, getting on a bit (31, I believe), so why should we just bring in another striker approaching his twilight years? Plus, where is the additional money going to come from to fund King? I don't want to see anyone exit the club just so that the money can be found- I've already seen on 606 one horrifying rumour which I hope to goodness isn't true...

Bear in mind also, it's his agent who's doing the interview, he could be saying anything, really...

Disorganised1

Is King going to give us something Platt doesn't ? or is he going to play instead of Freddy ?

I don't see what he's giving us ~ probably why I'm not the manager.

smileycov

Facebook User
Is King going to give us something Platt doesn't ? or is he going to play instead of Freddy ?

I don't see what he's giving us ~ probably why I'm not the manager.

i think Marlon is better than platt-ini, to be fair. Though i realy like clive, and happy we have him to come on for last 20 mins or so. but not really comparable!! what ever you think of marlon the person, he was and to fair still is a premiership quality striker. i hated harewood, he scored 2 in blackpool's opening game.....so who knows :D

oldhead76

In prison such people as King are called BEASTS and have to share food breaks with the child molesters ... lovely person to wear our shirt eh. oh well as long as he scores golas for us lets forget the young girls he batters.

Nick

Administrator
Oldhead, He felt a womans arse and alledgedly hit her!

Jack Wilshire has just been arrested for the same?

Disorganised1

I scored more goals than King last season

Oldhead, He felt a womans arse and alledgedly hit her!

Jack Wilshire has just been arrested for the same?

Well, for a start, Jack Wilshere was cleared of any charges and released. Secondly, I read on the BBC report a police quote which suggested Wilshere was a "peacemaker" who witnessed the event in question.

So he's not comparable to Marlon King...just yet :p

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he got done for assault for that did he? Just breach of the peace?

Like I said, if he signs then he signs. If he doesnt, then he doesnt. I am not going to go on the internet typing threats because somebody has a different opinion about it!

I am not going to stop supporting a team I have supported for 20+ years if he signs.

oldhead76

I don't think he got done for assault for that did he? Just breach of the peace?

Like I said, if he signs then he signs. If he doesnt, then he doesnt. I am not going to go on the internet typing threats because somebody has a different opinion about it!

I am not going to stop supporting a team I have supported for 20+ years if he signs.

I wont stop supporting the team ive been watching since 76 either i just wont pay to see that **** in the shirt i love.

Nick

Administrator
Fair Enough.

I don't see why it is ok to call him a beast yet threaten other people with violence though?

Not cool!

Users who are viewing this thread