Martin Johansen (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

ovduk78

Can't remember him. Googled him and he played 3 times in 1997, 2 as a sub and I was at 2 of those games. Must have been another quality Strachan signing

torchomatic

Was he Honduran? All Richardson's, sorry Strachan's signings were from Honduras, weren't they?

oucho

He was quite decent for us on CM 97/98....shame that's as good as it got.

Sky Blue Harry H

Preferred Bjarni Gudjonsson myself - but neither touches Roger Van Gool in our chocolate away kit winning at Leicester

JulianDarbyFTW

There were a lot of punts on players at that time. Laurent Delorge, Ivan Guerero, some centre back who cost a cool million (can't remember his name) but barely played, Runar Normann, Jairo something-or-other. It's like we had money to burn.

Terry Gibson's perm

There were a lot of punts on players at that time. Laurent Delorge, Ivan Guerero, some centre back who cost a cool million (can't remember his name) but barely played, Runar Normann, Jairo something-or-other. It's like we had money to burn.

Jairo Martinez, ysrael zuniga. The centre back could have been jean guy walleme or Alex evatoshok

mrtrench

Since retiring from football, Martin has become world marbles champion three times!

Moff

Same era as Alex Evtushok and Jean Guy Walleme. More financially astute signings. I do wonder how we ever ended up in debt.:facepalm:

ajsccfc

Reggie Genaux (RIP) was another, a solid career either side of a brief load of nothing with us. Speaking of which, was Tomas Gustafsson/Antonelius actually decent or do I just remember him fondly because of playing FM?

Terry Gibson's perm

To be fair, Philippe Clement was a solid Belgian international who played at Euro 2000 and the 1998 World Cup. I can't remember why it didn't work out for him here...

I can't remember him at all as a player just a name

Joy Division

Philippe Clement was pretty decent but rarely got a look in from Strachan

Adge

Reggie Genaux (RIP) was another, a solid career either side of a brief load of nothing with us. Speaking of which, was Tomas Gustafsson/Antonelius actually decent or do I just remember him fondly because of playing FM?
Na just average really and was supposed to be taking over the mantle from Nilsson.

CJ_covblaze

Same era as Alex Evtushok and Jean Guy Walleme. More financially astute signings. I do wonder how we ever ended up in debt.:facepalm:

Dnipro must've been rubbing their hands when they got 800 grand for Evtushok. Not as much as Richardson was though when Zirka were so impressed with his performances here that they paid more than that to sign him from us. First Ukrainian to play in the PL I think though.

Moff

Dnipro must've been rubbing their hands when they got 800 grand for Evtushok. Not as much as Richardson was though when Zirka were so impressed with his performances here that they paid more than that to sign him from us. First Ukrainian to play in the PL I think though.

I didn't know that CJ, so thanks for the update.

I always believed Evtushok was let go at the end of the great escape season, as their were work permit issues, and the 750k we paid was a loan payment and we didn't recoup anything back.
He seemed to improve as that season went on, a far cry from his debut when he was substituted in the first half!

fernandopartridge

I didn't know that CJ, so thanks for the update.

I always believed Evtushok was let go at the end of the great escape season, as their were work permit issues, and the 750k we paid was a loan payment and we didn't recoup anything back.
He seemed to improve as that season went on, a far cry from his debut when he was substituted in the first half!

Yes, he wasn't a bad player by any stretch. Both he and Breen scored own goals at Old Trafford that day it should be remembered

Moff

Regis Genaux made his home debut in that horrific battering at home against Benfica....all downhill from there. Still what happened to him in later life makes football seem truly insignificant.

Gustaffsson had potential but sunk with the rest of the team with our relegation. He then changed his name and I think was better known for that. Almost like footballs Prince..the artist formerly known as Gustaffsson.

Users who are viewing this thread