Martin Pert is named as Coventry's new assistant manager! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
COVENTRY City today announced the appointment of Martyn Pert as assistant manager.

The 32-year-old is reunited with boss Aidy Boothroyd after the two worked together at Watford.

Pert, who has also had spells with Norwich, Fulham and Cambridge - as well as the New York Yankees - joins the club to work alongside Boothroyd and first team coach Steve Harrison.

Boothroyd said: "This is a very good appointment for us and we are delighted to have Martyn on board.

"He is a qualified coach and very highly thought of in the world of sports science.

"He is also a very organised professional who will work well with the team here, both on and off the field and brings new qualities to Coventry City."

New York Yankees? Isn't that baseball?

Disorganised1

I'd rather spend money on players than more management.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Lets go fucking mental la la la la....... Nah seriously can only be good news can't it? :)

Disorganised1

Shameless steal this ~ but if anyone starts complaining do you thing they'll be Pert knockers ?

redsox

Facebook User
New York Yankees? Isn't that baseball?

Sorry Nick didn't spot this earlier, the Yankees are kind of the Man Utd of baseball, they are hated by none greater than the Boston Redsox. Partly due to their close proximity , but probably mainly due to their success compared to the abject failure (until fairly recently) of the Redsox from the same divisional league ( American League East ). Baseball is both incredibly lucrative and very professional, one thing is certain if he was good enough for a MLB team the man will be no mug . Hopefully he can apply some of that professionalism to the sky blues. Here's hoping anyway! The amazing thing with MLB teams is they fill their stadiums , every game they play , which can be up to five time in one week. Imagine filling the Ricoh Arena once a week let alone five times!!:whistle:

covladzak

Yankees Aren't that great.Look at a low budget side like the Tampa Bay Rays giving them a run for their money the last three years.... And the Yankees big money benifactor just died a couple months ago... Thank god for Steriods Just ask A Rod and the rest of the Yankees....;)

Taziano

Facebook User
Oh God, think about it, goal celebrations are gonna take ages running round all the corner flags like a greyhound bus !!!! lol:p:p

redsox

Facebook User
Yankees Aren't that great.Look at a low budget side like the Tampa Bay Rays giving them a run for their money the last three years.... And the Yankees big money benifactor just died a couple months ago... Thank god for Steriods Just ask A Rod and the rest of the Yankees....;)

I take your point, but as a redsox fan I could never bring myself to ever say that the yankees were great, comparatively they have been successful when you consider redsox history. I would however take their record : (8813-6441 W-L, 1913 - 2010) - 27 World Championships, 40 Pennants, and 48 Playoff Appearances and swap it for ours or the redsox for that matter. Your last point about steroids is interesting and a sad indictment of not just baseball but professional sport in general. There are times I have felt our players have been on drugs......just not the performance enhancing kind! :)

Users who are viewing this thread