Match Day #8 Coventry City v Preston (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Coventry v Preston (3pm Kickoff) Saturday 25th September

Coventry

Disgraced striker Marlon King could start his first game for the sky blues after signing a year contract after being released from prison 6 weeks ago. Home form has been good so far this season as we are unbeaten at the Ricoh.

Preston

Manager Darren Ferguson was charged by the FA for inproper conduct during their 4-3 defeat to local rivals Burnley so will have a seat in the stands for the upcomming game. Preston sit 2nd from bottom with Portsmouth and Leicestershire occupying the other 2 relegation spots so will be eager to pick up points sooner rather then later with mounting presure on Preston manager Darren Ferguson

My Predictions

Formation:

-------------- K.Westwood--------------
Keogh-------Wood------Turner----Crainey
Baker-----Carsley(C)---Clingan---Gunnarson
-----------------King------Platt

Score 2-1 (King,Clingan)

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
hhmm, not sure if king will start. think it will be duke and plattini, however how good is it that we can bring him on if needed. i think the feel good factor after brizzle and the fear of king coming on will spur the boys on to play out there skins (strikers i mean) so i am going 4 -1 city, duke(pen) platt turner again, and a debut goal for marlon!!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I think we will win 3-1 and the team will be the same as against Bristol with King possibly coming on at some point as an impact sub.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I reckon we'll win, and I'd like to say 3-0 or 4-0, but I have feeling it might be closer than that :(

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Jesus there fans aren't to confident are they?

Anyway my prediction 3-1 Cov, King Hatrick!

He went to prison, and now he's out..
Marlon, Marlon

He came to Cov, an now we shout..
Marlon, Marlon

He's done his time, he's paid his fine

And now he's scoring all the time

MARLON KING, COVENTRY'S NUMBER 9!!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhh nah nahhhhh

Coventry La La La

He went to prison, and now he's out..
Marlon, Marlon

He came to Cov, an now we shout..
Marlon, Marlon

He's done his time, he's paid his fine

And now he's scoring all the time

MARLON KING, COVENTRY'S NUMBER 9!!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhh nah nahhhhh

Get that song started on Saturday!!!!! :D:D

sy79

This will be a sweet victory! My first match this season at the ricoh and against the city where I live! My local won't hear the end of it! Lol 2-1 cov!!

skybluewill

well up for this one, this is the sort of game we should be winning with the opposition in poor form, although that often makes them more dangerous normally take a draw but this time would love a win. going to go 2-0 with another platt goal

Taziano

Facebook User
I can't see us losing the game, but I can see a draw unfortunately re the Leicester game (where's the "glum" smiley)

Pigeon

PNE are due a win but i think our players will realize its a big day for them to help their no.9 prove people wrong. Hope they start with King as he is costing us £10,000 a week! PUSB. 3-1 would be a dream.:cool:

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Can't believe we didn't get a second in the second half. At least fester are now bottom and by the sounds of it we played quite well ignoring the 2 defensive errors!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Haha where to start? Well the first half we'll pretend that never existed apart from a couple of Jukebox strikes it was infact painfull to watch, second half was better but and the introduction of King was the changing point of the game in our favour, the crowds response to him was nothing short of stunning with all things considered but we have to be beating teams like PNE at home, we also need to start playing through our midfielders instead of basically play 4-0-2 for half the game, there is something there for the optimistic but it's far from a finished article, also i thought Carsley had a shocker today nothing he did come off his descion making at times was terrible for someone of his experience plus i'm sorry but David Bell jesus that guy is almost useless, i say almost as we know he doesn't have any pace any strength or any trickery (All things a winger should have) but what he does have is a half is a half decent cross now if like today he gets the ball and crosses it into the keepers hands three times and does nothing else to contribute doesn't this render him completely useless? I would just love to see us play with two attacking quick wingers that get at the fullback they are available it's just as a club it's something we've never used to it's full potential and have stuck to traditional Right or Left midfielders!

Also 14,000 woeful it looked much more to me but who am i to say!

Last edited:

Pigeon

David Bell....he's just terrible, the crowd groans when he comes on! Juke had some great shots shame he didn't convert any for us. Carsley was making stupid mistakes and not displaying his captaincy the whole game, should have been taken off; play Doyle, gunner or Clingon together in the middle and get a real wide player cos Gunner was struggling out there. Good display in the second half but its still "a work in progress"

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Just thought i'd share my views on the match in the "Match thread" first then come over for a moan in the "Real time" forum!

Taziano

Facebook User
KK, inspired by Marlons efforts today, and boy did he look keen, what do you think of this:

MARLON KING SKY BLUE CHANT

TO THE TUNE OF “GLAD ALL OVER” BY THE DAVE CLARK FIVE

START CLAPPING OR STAMPING YER FEET TO GET THE BEAT

YOU’RE WATCHING “THE CITY” (WATCHING THE CITY)

YOU’RE WATCHING “THE MAN” (WATCHING THE MAN)

YOU CAN KICK, YOU WON’T HURT HIM (YOU WON’T HURT HIM)

CATCH HIM IF YOU CAN !! ( CATCH HIM IF YOU CAN !!)

CHORUS:

BECAUSE MARLON IS “BLACK AND SKY BLUE ALL OVER” YES HE’S

“BLACK AND SKY BLUE ALL OVER,” BABY HE’S

“BLACK AND SKY BLUE ALL OVER” HE’S KILLING YOU !!!!

REPEAT AD INFINITUM EVENTUALLY ENDING WITH GARBLED ELVIS THE KING PRESLEY STYLE “THANKYOU VERY MUCH” LOL. :p:p:p:p

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Just been catching up on the highlights from the last few games and after the Preston game as well I have to say we have a major problem defending corners and crosses.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If there was ever a game where I'd say we were unlucky then I'd say it about this one.

Dominated 90% of the game, their keeper Lonergan basically kept them in the game. As for their goals, they got pretty lucky on the first one and a bit of luck on the second where a deflected shot bobbled nicely towards Hume in a great position and great finish by the way, can't take anything away from that finish, even Lonergan wouldn't have saved that one. In terms of performance and not the result I think this is probably our best performance this season, the team worked hard and created chances and I really don't know how we haven't won this by a couple of goals, there wasn't a lot more we could have done to be honest. The referee didn't help at all, probably the worst I have seen all season. He books their player for time wasting at a throw in yet on a previous throw in he called a PNE player from the other side of the pitch to talk to him and no booking? What was that all about, book yourself for time-wasting ref! I've seen games with practically no stops in play get 4 minutes at the end of the game so why there was only 5 given when the referee was stopping play at every opportunity and not allowing the game to flow at all is beyond me.

Good to see King getting a good reception, should help him settle in and start scoring knowing that most of the fans are on side and we just want to win games of football as that is what we pay to see. Thought he did well when he came on, set up Gunnarsson and isn't afraid to have a shot himself which is refreshing to see.

Out of the 2 home games between Preston and Donny I was more worried about Donny because they are going to come and keep the ball and play football, it could be another repeat of the Leicester game for us where we spend most of the game chasing the ball around but we'll see how it goes.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Was in work and when i saw the score was thinking this has to be a poxy result for pne, was reading the commentry on online and seemed we were all over them.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Gutted but positive at the same time!

It was a shame to see us lose after so many chances, but the team actually looked good! I was pleased with the reception King got when he came on, and I was up on my feet cheering him on!
How his shot got stopped is beyond me!

I'm quite looking forward to Tuesday now!

ccfctommy

On a side note how bad was the atmosphere today? No singing or chanting near enough in the first half. Its a shame theres little banter with away fans as they are so far away.

Users who are viewing this thread