Matchday #14 Sheffield United v Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Sheffield United v Coventry City
Brammel Lane
K.O 30th October Saturday 3:00pm
Referee : David Foster from Tyne & Wear

Coventry City
Do not have the best record at Bramall Lane. They have come away from there with just three points from three draws in their last seven visits and have not won at Bramall Lane since a 1-0 win in 2001.

However, recent wins at Ashton Gate and Portman Road have proved that Coventry City have the ability to won at so called bogey grounds and so visit Sheffield United in confident mood.

Marlon King is an Injury doubt with Freddy Eastwood & Chris Hussey returning to full training but won't be ready to play.

Sheffield United
The Blades are having an indifferent season this year as they rebuild under new manager Gary Speed. They have one of the worst home records in the division and have only won two games at home this season, drawing one and losing three. To make matters worse, they have only scored five goals at home all season, a record which makes them the league's joint lowest scorers with Hull and S****horpe.

My Predictions

Team Prediction

K.Westwood
Keogh Turner Wood Cranie
Gunnarson Carsley(C) Clingan McSheffrey
Jutkiewicz Platt

Score 0-2 (Platt, Wood)​

Attendance 19,798​

Any match day discussion, Predictions please post here

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Hhmmm, not sure on this, it will either mirror Hull and has 0-0 all over it.........or we really are progressing and we can do em 3-1. my lack of confidence mostly stems from the front 2. bit harsh i know, but we are not that prolific as yet. saying that we do chip in goals from all over the park. hence my dilema haha HAPPY DAYS!!

westwood
keogh wood turner cranie
sheffers clingan carsley gunna
plattini duke

sod it, i'm goin so want a goal fest.....3 - 1 city, sheffers, plattini and wood!! :D

Last edited:

Coventry La La La

Hhmmm, not sure on this, it will either mirror Hull and has 0-0 all over it.........or we really are progressing and we can do em 3-1. my lack of confidence mostly stems from the front 2. bit harsh i know, but we are not that prolific as yet. saying that we do chip in goals from all over the park. hence my dilema haha HAPPY DAYS!!

westwood
keogh wood turner cranie
sheffers clingan carsley gunna
plattini duke

sod it, i'm goin so want a goal fest.....3 - 1 city, sheffers, plattini and wood!! :D

Richard Wood developed in the Sheffield Wednesday academy and is a support of Wednesday so im sure he will be eager to get a goal against Sheffield United :)

covladzak

I'd be happy as a clam with a draw.... 0-0....Last time I was at Bramell Lane was 97 when we lost in the cup..... Bad Ju Ju there... I Like Sheffield, just not United..... Mind you I left England in 2001 no wonder I haven't been back there.....:laugh:

Coventry La La La

I'd be happy as a clam with a draw.... 0-0....Last time I was at Bramell Lane was 97 when we lost in the cup..... Bad Ju Ju there... I Like Sheffield, just not United..... Mind you I left England in 2001 no wonder I haven't been back there.....:laugh:

I would take a draw but looking at Sheffield United at the moment they are in a real mess so could be an easy 3 points to push further up the table :)

covladzak

Three points would be class....... I havent really paid attention to United this year to be honest... I'll hold you to your prediction then Coventry La La La....:D:D

smileycov

Facebook User
Haha yea, didn't look at it that way, though s****horpe is nearer.this is a derby match :D

Coventry La La La

I'll be listening in on "SkyBluesPlayer" its great when you can hear some of the Coventry chants especialy "Play Up Sky Blues!" hopefully someone who is actually going to the match can leave abit of feedback about the game/player ratings :)

smileycov

Facebook User
Due to latest team news, i am altering my starting line up!

westwood
cranie turner wood keogh
gunnar carsley clingan sheffers
king duke

i am also going with a confident 3 - 1 city and those there will witness Marlon's first sky blue goal!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sotv1987

Due to latest team news, i am altering my starting line up!

westwood
cranie turner wood keogh
gunnar carsley clingan sheffers
king duke

i am also going with a confident 3 - 1 city and those there will witness Marlon's first sky blue goal!!

Haven't heard the latest injury news, is king fit to play?????

smileycov

Facebook User
yes mate, he is. Plattini is struggling with a calf strain so this may force Aidy's hand regards marlon. At the moment he is unsure whether to start him or use him as sub!!

p.s. i have only just worked out your profile name haha!! DOH :laugh:

smileycov

Facebook User
1,600 apparently. with pay on the gate, maybe 1,800 - 2,000 going. awesome

Jay88

apparently platt is a doubt so marlon King is expected to start up front .. bad news about platt but a good replacement.
i'll be up there 2moz, come on city ... 2-1 win, king and macca.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
At the moment we have enough about us to win the next 2 games, however due to the nature of this league I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the next 2 games either.

I'm going for 1-1, good solid away point

As for the scorer I think Wood is due a goal

covlad1986

Hello all,
well another match day tomorrow i will be going 2-1 to city with Macca and Tuner to score

Coventry La La La

Hello all,
well another match day tomorrow i will be going 2-1 to city with Macca and Tuner to score

:wave: You going to the match? If not people will be talking about the game in the chatbox tommorow (3:00pm) while listening in the the radio/skybluesplayer

(Chatbox requires 1 post per day)

covlad1986

i would love to go to the game but at the moment i can't afford it so i will see if i can get on chatbox tomorrow mate

Clive

will be there tomos with the son (Matty). Marlon has apparently got a good game/ goal ratio at Bramall lane so reckon he will score....... at LEAST 1!!! :D:wave:

Skyblue-1987

As long as the result is a win for City I'm not worried about the scoreline, would be good for Marlon to get on the score sheet. I will be tuned in to Sky Blues Player for the usual 8am K.O if I get the chance to get on chat line I will

Users who are viewing this thread