Matchday#15 Coventry City v Leeds United (1 Viewer)

ccfc luke

Gutted about the result.
Now lets watch those extra fans that turned up today to desert us again!

Coventry La La La

Coventry V Leeds statistics

Attendance 28,184

2-3
Coventry
Jutkiew'z 52
Turner 64

Leeds
Howson 4
Snodgrass 40
Gradel (pen) 61

Possession

Coventry 46%
Leeds 54%

Attempts on target

Coventry 13
Leeds 5

Attempts off target

Coventry 6
Leeds 2

Corners

Coventry 9
Leeds 3

Fouls

Coventry 14
Leeds 12

Last edited:

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Well...a big attendance didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference! It was quieter than it normally is, but I've still lost my voice haha

Gutted that we lost, and it's a shame we couldn't play the first half like we did the 2nd! Looking forward to Forest on Tues, it's my birthday and a win would be lovely lol

Nick

Administrator
A lot of the fans today seemed to be one offs which is a good thing and hopefully they will come again! :)

Gutted that we lost, especially with a soft penalty and a soft first goal but we are still 5th I think and will need to go to Forest in the week and get something out of it!

Coventry La La La

A lot of the fans today seemed to be one offs which is a good thing and hopefully they will come again! :)

Gutted that we lost, especially with a soft penalty and a soft first goal but we are still 5th I think and will need to go to Forest in the week and get something out of it!

they won't be back unless we go on another good run or the aspire company works some magic.. or some other team brings 4-6k fans to the Ricoh

Last edited:

Lloyd

Hi guys,

17 year fan here (being 23 i think that's an achievement ;)). First time i've been to the Ricoh in about a year, mainly down to finances, but what both my dad and I said after the game was that under Colemans regime, we wouldve laid down after the 2nd goal. 1st half was abysmal, but 2nd half really got my blood pumping, i managed to get away with my voice intact... for the most part. One thing i have to say about our side now though is we have more heart and commitment to the team and it shows. listening on player each week doesnt give us justice, Juke and Platini are amazing and Ben Turner MOTM for sure! Wishing both he and Platt a speedy recovery. Boothroyd is the man for the Job, and he will do us proud, by the end of the season he too will be a true Sky Blue through and through!

The ground was too quiet for my liking and Leeds outsang us quite a lot, but i think this is just a small blip in a very promising season, chin up!
Always Believe!
PUSB!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I thought the crowd was the noisiest I've heard the Ricoh? Normally it's just the people on the left side of B15 who sing but B15 and B16 were both singing and there were 6000 odd Leeds fans singing... Maybe it's because I'm right at the top and in the thick of it I think it's noisier and maybe we were drowned out by the Leeds fans.. we were never gonna be able to outsing 6,000 away fans but I thought we gave them a good go. It's hard to get any noise going in that ground because the seats start too far away from the pitch and the roof is too high. If the seats were right up close to the action like at Loftus Road and the roof was lower down it would be much better. Anyway twas good to see the Ricoh full and despite the loss it was a very entertaining game 2nd half, heart rate pumping fast until the very end! Could have / should have taken a point or maximum points but we weren't clinical or ruthless enough in the final 3rd and gave 3 very very silly goals away which is unusual for us this season. Don't get me wrong the 2nd goal was a beautiful strike but where was the closing down? I don't even need to explain how the first goal was sloppy and it was a silly penalty to give away as well.

Man of the match - Ben Turner, what a fuckin' hero!!

Nick

Administrator
The first goal was so so soft though and we were lucky when Wood messed up that Turner was on the line. In the past I have slated Turner but now he has made me look a total prick!

He has been amazing this season and hope he isn't too badly hurt. Maybe it means when he gets fit that McPake and Turner will be the new back two?

Coventry La La La

Hi guys,

17 year fan here (being 23 i think that's an achievement ;)). First time i've been to the Ricoh in about a year, mainly down to finances, but what both my dad and I said after the game was that under Colemans regime, we wouldve laid down after the 2nd goal. 1st half was abysmal, but 2nd half really got my blood pumping, i managed to get away with my voice intact... for the most part. One thing i have to say about our side now though is we have more heart and commitment to the team and it shows. listening on player each week doesnt give us justice, Juke and Platini are amazing and Ben Turner MOTM for sure! Wishing both he and Platt a speedy recovery. Boothroyd is the man for the Job, and he will do us proud, by the end of the season he too will be a true Sky Blue through and through!

The ground was too quiet for my liking and Leeds outsang us quite a lot, but i think this is just a small blip in a very promising season, chin up!
Always Believe!
PUSB!

:wave::welcome:

Welcome to SBT Lloyd I don't think it was possible to outsing Leeds they had 6000 fans singing in close proximity of each other but only Block 15/16 making much noise maybe if the whole tesco stand and telegraph made more of an effort it might have been possible to create a louder atmosphere... What stand did you sit in Lloyd? cause if you want to go to the games and help create an atmosphere Tesco Block 15/16 stands generate the most noise

Lloyd

:wave::welcome:

Welcome to SBT Lloyd I don't think it was possible to outsing Leeds they had 6000 fans singing in close proximity of each other but only Block 15/16 making much noise maybe if the whole tesco stand and telegraph made more of an effort it might have been possible to create a louder atmosphere... What stand did you sit in Lloyd? cause if you want to go to the games and help create an atmosphere Tesco Block 15/16 stands generate the most noise

I was in the Tesco Stand, but was in Block 21, in row SS, so quite high up, i seemed to be the only one shouting and singing sometimes, everyone below just seemed quite quiet until the goal, it picked up, but nowhere near as good as it could have been. i'm hoping i can get to at least another 2 home games this season, after christmas i should be able to, i'm just so glad the general consensus from the fans is finally positive...been reading forums and the 606 for a couple of seasons now, and until recently it was always negative.

why did 1 of the leeds fans get taken out just after the first goal? Did anyone see what happened?

Coventry La La La

I was in the Tesco Stand, but was in Block 21, in row SS, so quite high up, i seemed to be the only one shouting and singing sometimes, everyone below just seemed quite quiet until the goal, it picked up, but nowhere near as good as it could have been. i'm hoping i can get to at least another 2 home games this season, after christmas i should be able to, i'm just so glad the general consensus from the fans is finally positive...been reading forums and the 606 for a couple of seasons now, and until recently it was always negative.

why did 1 of the leeds fans get taken out just after the first goal? Did anyone see what happened?

I didn't see what happened but it must have been something bad as he was trying to put up a fight with the stewards it took 4 stewards just to take him out the ground :p and during their 1st goal a couple got kicked out for rushing onto the pitch... great way to spend their money on travel and match ticket get kicked out after 3 mins they missed a very entertaining game.

Pigeon

The Leeds fan that was taken out ran onto the pitch and then dive bombed back into their stand. Nice to see the Ricoh full, its gonna be a shame if some of those people don't come back as in the second half we showed real class and talent. Ben Turner- what a little super star in the making. Great first open play goal for the Juke, many more to come. I think he's coming along nicely, you can see why we got him. Marlon is looking sharper with each touch and is going to get his chance soon. However my only negative is that there something missing in midfield but other than that an inspiring performance by the city. PUSB:D

Coventry La La La

I'm not so sure La-La, they got five goals for their money which is pretty good value in my opinion. Okay, so three of them were at the wrong end but still more entertaining than a 0-0 draw.

Even if we won away at Forest and Palace (BIG IF) we would probly get 15-18k for are next home game....

Welcome back DutchMan

smileycov

Facebook User
Even if we won away at Forest and Palace (BIG IF) we would probly get 15-18k for are next home game....

Welcome back DutchMan

I have to disagree, i think providing Forest and Palace go okay, and by that i am looking at minimum 3 points, possibly 4. We have Burnley at home they have good following so i can see 20k crowds now. surely people enjoyed sat, was decent atmosphere and again i felt a draw at least would have been fair.

Users who are viewing this thread