Matchday #33 Leicester v Coventry (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Leicester v Coventry - Walkers Stadium
K.O Saturday 26th Febuary 3:00pm
Referee: Graham Scott from Oxfordshire

Head to head

Saturday will be the 84th time that Leicester City and Coventry City have met in league and cup matches.

The Sky Blues have won on 25 occasions with 23 draws and have scored 97 goals compared to Leicester's 117's.

The sides drew 1-1 at the Ricoh Arena back in September and last season, City came back to snatch a 2-2 draw Andy King put Leicester 2-0 goals up in the opinion of the referee but City levelled through James McPake and Gary Deegan four minutes from time.

Current Form:
form Table consists of last 8 matches played "Click Here" to view full form table.​

Leicester

Home Form:DWDWWW
Form Table: 1st

Coventry

Away Form: dLLLLL
Form Table: 20th​

My Predictions

Formation

Westwood
Keogh, B.Turner, R.Wood,O'halloran
Bell, Clingan, Gunnarsson, McSheffrey
Lukas.J, King

Score: 2-2 (King, Keogh)

Attendance: 25,032

Any match day predictions/banter please post here.

Last edited:

ccfctommy

Please don't bring Platt back into the side!!!

Is anybody going? Im staying away at £30 a ticket!! :eek:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

There is going to be alot more fans than that mate they had 28,000 against Bristol City on Tuesday night try closer to 30,000, i'm going but it doesn't seem many other cov fans are bothering as per usual!

Pigeon

Westwood
Keogh Turner Wood O'Halloran
Baker Clingon Gunnarson Bell
Juke King

1-2 ( King, Juke)

Going to be a really tough game but we held our own against Swansea so I think its defiantly possible to win this game. I think I should be going to the Walkers for this one, its a shame Leicester has such high ticket prices for this game or it could have been a full house for them.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I've got my tickets, lucky for me I got mine for £20 in the U22 price bracket - £30 is a joke for over 22's!! It's a shame clubs are ripping off the true fans of football by overpricing away tickets. Hopefully we get a decent turn out anyway.

My football brain tells me we will lose 3-1. We will go 1 up with King Marlon but then Yakubu will net a brace for 2-1 and a good spell of pressure from us for an equaliser will be in vain as Andy King heaps the misery on us late on for 3-1

You heard it here first :p

We will find form at the start of March I promise you this

smileycov

Facebook User
I feel a 3-1 thumping meself!! hope your March feeling comes true, starting to twitch now!!

Jimthor

Wasn't planning on going to this, but couldn't help myself so i'm gonna book tickets tomorrow! Gonna be a bloody hard game but if we come away with anything it'll be a great day out!

Oh, and is Turner definitely gonna be back, or are we still just hoping?

Lineup with Turner:

Westwood
Keogh Turner Wood Cranie
Bell Clingan Gunnarson Baker
Jutkiewicz King

Lineup without Turner:

Westwood
Keogh Cranie Wood O'Halloran
Bell Clingan Gunnarson Baker
Jutkiewicz King

Although i wouldn't be surprised to see Cranie continuing his role in CM in place of Clingan, with maybe a cameo from Sammy later in the game.

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
id love to see eastwood have a crack im going both ways on this if we win it be 2-1 king and mcsheffery if we lose it be 3-1 to them hope im right tho.

ccfc luke

I cant see us taking a huge away following to this due to a few factors.

Im just wondering, do you's think of Leicester as a derby? I for one dont but some people talk of them as they are big rivals.

Wymeswold Fox

Foxes fan in peace here. I've heard only 1,100 been sold so far by you lot. I'm rather surprised by this considering the distance between the 2 cities. Good luck for Saturday. :)

C

cov anto

I bought my tickets today me and the kids are going.My mates daughter is a mascot (go on moll c):D Dont worry the kids will have face masks on Im not stupid:p I would LOVE IT if we get a result against the inbreds.£30 is steep but hey ho got to go. Im soo pissed of with city at the min but its like a drug cant stay away from this one.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Foxes fan in peace here. I've heard only 1,100 been sold so far by you lot. I'm rather surprised by this considering the distance between the 2 cities. Good luck for Saturday. :)

Hi Wymeswold.. I can't see many Cov fans turning up to be honest, a lot of us are complaining about your ticket prices and to be fair £30 is a joke! And with CCFC very off form at the moment people aren't willing to pay that price when we no longer have anything to play for. You may have noticed we don't even like travelling all the way to the Ricoh! To be fair you will see the proper Cov fans at the Walkers, if we were still top half the arm chair fans would have turned up aswell - we will still make a good amount of noise.

Should be a good game anyway, stick your post-match thoughts on here after the game. Would have been tastier if we were both challenging the top half but we still need to try to stop you getting to the play-offs :p

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Hi Wymeswold.. I can't see many Cov fans turning up to be honest, a lot of us are complaining about your ticket prices and to be fair £30 is a joke! And with CCFC very off form at the moment people aren't willing to pay that price when we no longer have anything to play for. You may have noticed we don't even like travelling all the way to the Ricoh! To be fair you will see the proper Cov fans at the Walkers, if we were still top half the arm chair fans would have turned up aswell - we will still make a good amount of noise.

Should be a good game anyway, stick your post-match thoughts on here after the game. Would have been tastier if we were both challenging the top half but we still need to try to stop you getting to the play-offs :p

Hey! I'm a "proper" fan but I can't justify the £30 they're charging!

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go 1-1 and I'm hoping for a King goal :D

ccfctommy

My dad would always say when he was young Wolves was the Derby.

Me personally it has been Leicester, we havent played Villa since 2001!

Jimthor

Just booked my tickets, wahey! By the looks of things though there's only about 10 people sat in the upper half of the 2nd block haha, i really hope we're not just sat totally isolated! Just in case i've gone for seats right on the end of the row, next to the sold-out block.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Villa will always be number one for pretty much all of the fanbase.
Villa were always our local rivals WHEN WE WERE A PREMIERSHIP TEAM!! The Titanic being refloated and used as a floating hotel has got more of a possibility now! I can't see City being anywhere near a Premier team again before I pop me clogs (and I'm only 58!)
I'll always support the team I love but nowadays, sadly, it's more out of habit to watch for their results.

ccfc luke

For me
Villa, Brum, Wolves, WBA are all bigger derby games than Leicester - even though most of them dont care about us. For me Leicester is no bigger a game than any other.

blueflint

we will need all the good luck and fortitude we can muster cant believe festers so far in front of us now

ccfc luke

Decent point and i definately would of took that before the game. Annoying to have conceeded at the time we did but oh well a good point and hopefully we can get a win against Bristol next sat. PUSB

Pigeon

was a really good point, dont think the fans wud have accepted nothing frm that game. Decent effort from the lads again but have to question O'halloran who ws nt on it at all. If the ref had blown for the foul on king that he should have then Cranie wouldnt have the second yellow. Applause to the fans, loved to atmosphere today was amazing.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
was a really good point, dont think the fans wud have accepted nothing frm that game. Decent effort from the lads again but have to question O'halloran who ws nt on it at all. If the ref had blown for the foul on king that he should have then Cranie wouldnt have the second yellow. Applause to the fans, loved to atmosphere today was amazing.

Yeah applause for the 1300 who showed up we made alot of noise but we should have had more for a game so close by. We nearly sold out the away end last season and that was on tele and under similar circumstances - Leicester challenging play-offs and us lower table so I guess the be all and end all of it yesterday was the ridiculous prices Leicester now put out. Shame on them

I thought we played well today from what ive read :) i couldnt make it coz i live in yorkshire :(
i think we need a few more win on the board otherwise i do think we'll be in a relegation dog fight come the end of the season :( i no some of you guys may not like to here this but its the truth tbh :(
good point for the boys though :)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

[video=youtube;cCvQOyVHuNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCvQOyVHuNk[/video]

Quick vid i found from yesterday! :)

dyson79

ive had a weird weekend been two games where the football was great but the support embarrassing. first we take little more than 1000 to a club that always bring 4-5000 here even though were 3rd on their pecking order. 100 or so of us signing but fester clearly couldnt hear us from across all the empty seats, we were superb on the pitch though and thoroughly deserved the point, at one stage we had their defence looking really shaky.

then on sunday i go to hinckley nuneaton in the away end, again good football as the boro stuff them 3-0 but not only was the hinckley end full of fester (to be expected) but the boro end seemed to have plenty of them as well. im from nuneaton originally and growing up in the late 80s and 90s it was such a cov area but now it seems like everyone is either man u, liverpool or leicester and its really really depressing me.

7000 for a home game in fa cup against premiership opposition last season, 12000 for a league game v doncaster this season, 1000 awayers for biggest trip of the season and we still talk like we should be competing in the top half of this division. if you love the club put your hands in your pockets and stop moaning about £30, true fans keep coming through thick and thin!

ccfctommy

Jesus mate, money don't grow on trees. £32 on the gate isnt value for me.

Also remember the game was on foreign TV so loads of pubs have it, i'm sure if we were doing well in the league lods more would have went.

Users who are viewing this thread