Matchday #5 - Coventry vs Leicester (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Our biggest home league game of the season is amongst us, a high energy crowd is expected for the M69 derby.

There are rumors that King will be on the bench, poised to come on, to what i feel will be a 70/30 good to bad reception.

Waghorn makes his 'full' debut for Leicester after having signed from Sunderland. I feel his return will make for a dangerous and lifted Leicester side.

I'd play.

TURNER (Wish it was Westwood :( )

Keogh McPake Cameron Cranie

Bell Clingan Carsley McSheffery

Eastwood Platt

Thats with what we've got at the minute, you could add King and Danny Ward to the list.

Prediction.

2-1 City. With Platt scoring first.

22,379 on the gate.

covladzak

I think 2-1 as well Cookie With a McSheffery Brace
And 20,977 On the gate.....;)
It would be 20,978 but I cant aford the air fare over...:(

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im gonna say 3-1 to us with a 21k attendance, mcsheffery and eastwood to score plus king comes off the bench and bangs one in :D

Tom

2-0 to us with Bell and Turner scoring :D

smileycov

Facebook User
i'm gonna go with aidy assuring us ward and king will be in squad, so i can see goals goals goals.....4 -2 city, sheffers, eastwood 2 and dare i say.............king :D

skybluewill

coming up from london to watch this one very excited dont care how we do it or what the score is i just want a win this one 3-0 would be amazing though

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
With Ward confirmed as a signing and King definately isn't playing this is how I think we should line up (and I also think this is how Aidy will line us up :p)

4-2-2-2

--------------------Westwood

Keogh ----- Turner ----- Cameron ----- Cranie

-------------- Carsley ----- Doyle

-------Ward -------------------McSheffrey

-----------------Platt
-----------------------Jutkiewicz

Last edited:
T

TrevorsathisPeake

The starting 11 should be that which started and got 7 points from the first 3 games.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I'd have Eastwood in but he is apparantly a doubt for the game and if Ward is as good as Aidy and Coyle say he is then we should play him (we also pay Bolton less money if he plays :D)

smileycov

Facebook User
With Ward confirmed as a signing and King definately isn't playing this is how I think we should line up (and I also think this is how Aidy will line us up :p)

4-2-2-2

--------------------Westwood

Keogh ----- Turner ----- Cameron ----- Cranie

-------------- Carsley ----- Doyle

-------Ward -------------------McSheffrey

-----------------Platt
-----------------------Jutkiewicz
completly agree, freddie is injured. ward is highly rated, we don't want him to keep the bench warm...straight in

PUSB

bishbosh

I'll go for a win by 1 goal, try and stay awake and find a live feed for a change. Someone who is going cheer for me :)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
finally sorted the online radio, what a nightmare, missed the first 15 minutes! come on city!!!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
get in!!!!!!!! 1 nil come on city!!!! We're playing shit at the moment as well!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
wood and turner don't sound to be working together well, giving way too much space to fryatt

BenInTurin

Facebook User
We sounded awful today and just listening to Aidy fills me with dread. Instead of coming out and admitting we were crap he spoke like we played well. End of the interview he said we'll look at the positives from today and move on.... what positives? There's only one and that is that we didn't lose!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Agreed didn't deserve a point but never mind we got there in the end and thats all the matters the only positives from today were our fans were quality but theres.........well they need a long hard look at themselves!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Don't know where Cranie is but we needed him for left back or we need Hussey or O'Halloran back because Leicester's tactic was basically go down the side where Clarke was at left back. All Leicester goal kicks were aimed towards Waghorn who positioned himself next to Clarke. He is not up to Championship standard at the moment, he needs a loan for some more experience. Ward looked a little uncomfortable in his first game but he will imrpove when he has gelled with the team and gets used to the Championship.

hsccfc

Anyone know what was going on with westwood at the end? apparently there was a banner saying 'go away westwood you're scum' ?! or something like that

Jimthor

Cov were awful today. I only get the chance to get to the Ricoh a couple of times a season so i was really disappointed. We gave away the ball far too easily, left men unmarked all over the shop, created nothing... it was really poor and we were very lucky.

I'm not sure what happened with Westwood exactly, but after the match he was down the front of the Telegraph stand having what looked like a bit of an argument with some of the fans. After he left a fight broke out in the stand between a couple of fans.

Well, there's not too much I can add to what's already been said, but we were dire today, absolutely dire!

We really needed Freddie and Martin out there today, as Lukas (Leaping Lukas?) was anonymous and Jordan Clarke was clearly the weak link in the defence today (to be fair, not the boy's fault as he was being played out of position...)

Clingan's definitely lost something, you can see why Aidy dropped him at the start of the season...

Also, why the hell did we go 4-5-1 after their equaliser? That formation effectively ensured we wouldn't be pushing for the win- so frustrating!

Two positives I can find:

the atmosphere generated by the fans was absolutely fantastic, especially that continuous singing in the second half; it lasted, like, 15 mins?! It was awesome!

McIndoe can produce decent crosses- but no opposition player can be around him when he's doing so! :p

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Well, there's not too much I can add to what's already been said, but we were dire today, absolutely dire!

We really needed Freddie and Martin out there today, as Lukas (Leaping Lukas?) was anonymous and Jordan Clarke was clearly the weak link in the defence today (to be fair, not the boy's fault as he was being played out of position...)

Clingan's definitely lost something, you can see why Aidy dropped him at the start of the season...

Also, why the hell did we go 4-5-1 after their equaliser? That formation effectively ensured we wouldn't be pushing for the win- so frustrating!

Two positives I can find:

the atmosphere generated by the fans was absolutely fantastic, especially that continuous singing in the second half; it lasted, like, 15 mins?! It was awesome!

McIndoe can produce decent crosses- but no opposition player can be around him when he's doing so! :p

To be fair Doyle was warming up when it was still 1-0 and was due to come on anyway. I think he's a good job he still came on when they scored because Leicester threw the kitchen sink at us last 20 mins, it could have been worse than a draw. Although the performance was poor today it isn't too disgraceful as Leicester have been out playing teams but just not getting the results. I always try to stay neutral, I don't get too excited when we win and play well andI don't get too disheartened when we play badly as a lot of fans seem to change their mind about how the entire season is going to pan out on the basis of the last performance they saw.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I can't understand why the Doyle/Carsley partnership was split up,and also why Cameron now finds himself on the bench!! Yes,Clingan is a far better footballer than Doyle but maybe Doyle alongside Carsley/Clingan compliments the team more.The first 3 games of the season went OK then all of a sudden changes were made.
Yes it was'nt good today but we got a point,lets back it up by beating Swansea next.

ccfc luke

I would think that Doyle will replace Clingan on Tuesday. Going to be a real hard game. Take a point any day of the week!

skybluewill

Wasn't impressed with the proformence they completely bossed us today I think our main problem is the hoof ball we play which very rarely leads to us having possession and simply gives them back the ball and our midfield is looking a bit weak despite all this we could have won it was a weak goal to concede

To be fair Doyle was warming up when it was still 1-0 and was due to come on anyway. I think he's a good job he still came on when they scored because Leicester threw the kitchen sink at us last 20 mins, it could have been worse than a draw. Although the performance was poor today it isn't too disgraceful as Leicester have been out playing teams but just not getting the results. I always try to stay neutral, I don't get too excited when we win and play well andI don't get too disheartened when we play badly as a lot of fans seem to change their mind about how the entire season is going to pan out on the basis of the last performance they saw.

I suppose I would have felt better about it had Leicester not scored! :p And to be fair, he did put the wind up their guys, which is nice to see...

It's just that considering facing Leicester is our only derby game in the league this season, you'd have thought the performance wouldn't have been so poor. I'm just disappointed, tis all!

Also, I think the transformation to 4-5-1 seems to come about because Lukas seems to disappear for periods of the game, leaving poor old Plattini or Freddy alone upfront! Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread