Max biamou league stats (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Has 3 assists this season , less than Jones and kelly (both had spells out with injury )

Has 1 goal this season less than 6 other players and the same amount of goals as vincenti (never plays ) and 2 less league goals than Michael Doyle .
Also has 5/6 less goals than nazon who hasn’t played for city for weeks

Mcnulty started scoring more goals when bayliss came into the squad and we started playing on the floor through the middle .

Now we are lumping it every week and kelly is back mcnulty isn’t scoring again unless he creates it himself

Can people please explain why this useless lump is loved by supporters .
Stats DO NOT lie

JCH to start every week from now until may

eastwoodsdustman

Has 3 assists this season , less than Jones and kelly (both had spells out with injury )

Has 1 goal this season less than 6 other players and the same amount of goals as vincenti (never plays ) and 2 less league goals than Michael Doyle .

Mcnulty started scoring more goals when bayliss came into the squad and we started playing on the floor through the middle .

Now we are lumping it every week and kelly is back mcnulty isn’t scoring again

Stats DO NOT lie

Please tell me that Peter Beardsley was also crap on that as he never scored loads of goals as a forward. (not that I am comparing the two before you blow a gasket).

Evo1883

Please tell me that Peter Beardsley was also crap on that as he never scored loads of goals as a forward. (not that I am comparing the two before you blow a gasket).

Ahhhh peter Beardsley the England international who has a career record of 1 goal in 3 games as an attacking midfielder .

Moving on

Sky Blue Harry H

Now we are lumping it every week and kelly is back mcnulty isn’t scoring again

Stats DO NOT lie

Anybody who gives 100% on the pitch will be 'loved' as we are supporters.
That is why Nazon (for all of his ability) was not loved to the same degree - nobody likes a player who thinks he is bigger than their team.
Ideally we would want a mixture of both, but then you will have to start a thread moaning about why we are having to sell him.

Evo1883

James Collins 13 goals 4 assists , biamou was the alternative apparently according to robins

Evo1883

Anybody who gives 100% on the pitch will be 'loved' as we are supporters.
That is why Nazon (for all of his ability) was not loved to the same degree - nobody likes a player who thinks he is bigger than their team.
Ideally we would want a mixture of both, but then you will have to start a thread moaning about why we are having to sell him.

And that my friend is why we will fail , ability always trumps effort .
Biamou is the prime example of that

ccfcricoh

Biamou does a lot of things well - if he scored 20 games in the league he would have gone to the championship in January then you would be whinging about us selling him...

If you base it solely on stats he is our second highest scoring striker (that's fit) so is our second choice striker - no shock...
JCH hasn't proved anything yet

Evo1883

Biamou does a lot of things well - if he scored 20 games in the league he would have gone to the championship in January then you would be whinging about us selling him...

If you base it solely on stats he is our second highest scoring striker (that's fit) so is our second choice striker - no shock...
JCH hasn't proved anything yet

Biamou is poor on the ball , he literally wins 1/3 headers and runs around like a headless chicken , he’s never in the correct attacking position to receive a ball , he closes down well il give you that .

Still not worthy of his starting place

Nick

Administrator
Biamou is poor on the ball , he literally wins 1/3 headers and runs around like a headless chicken , he’s never in the correct attacking position to receive a ball , he closes down well il give you that .

Whenever I have seen he has to drop deep all of the time, even the goal he has scored look how deep he has dropped to get the header in the first place. He drops deep and it leaves McNulty as the only option further up, this is what generally happens.

I think JCH will be a better finisher though and can see him starting more games.

Granted Biamou has missed a few chances earlier on in the season, but I think the fact you are saying McNulty will only score now if he makes it himself shows you think they get no service.

Evo1883

One thing I don't get is why you say stats don't lie but then give reasons for McNultys stats?

Would be interesting to see how Biamou fared in a team that created shed loads of chances though, same with McNulty.

Mcnulty has 13 league goals , in whichever variation of the starting 11 I can present you , with Jones , without Jones , with Doyle without Doyle with kelly without kelly with bayliss etc etc etc. Biamou still doesn’t produce the goods mcnulty does

ccfcricoh

Disagree with "poor on the ball" his touch is no worse than McNultys...

Its incredible he wins any headers when its Burge and Kelly aimlessly launching the ball at him - before they've even kicked it he knows he's going to have to run about 20 yards to where its going to land!

Nick

Administrator
Mcnulty has 13 league goals , in whichever variation of the starting 11 I can present you , with Jones , without Jones , with Doyle without Doyle with kelly without kelly with bayliss etc etc etc. Biamou still doesn’t produce the goods mcnulty does

Yep, which is why I said it would be interesting to see how they both did in a team that created chances. No doubt McNulty is the better finisher and cleverer player, his goal scoring has also dried up massively as it's down to him to pull something out of the bag or score a penalty.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think fans support him more than any other player because they can see he isn’t very good (he does try) and not going to score many so it’s almost a joke kind of thing

A bit like ‘if ___ scores we’re on the pitch’

Evo1883

SO we’ve had we create no chances even though up until a few wells ago we were creating more than almost every team we played

A Beardsley comparison

And his touch is as good as mcnulty

Unbelievable straw clutching here

Nick

Administrator
There is no straw clutching, we create barely anything at all in terms of chances and haven't really all season. There were a few games we seemed to, but we have always really relied on Jones, Nazon or McNulty to pull something out of the bag rather than being able to score well worked, team goals like we see scored against us week in, week out.

I do think he will play JCH a lot more, but we will need to adjust how we play to suit his strengths rather than the aimless hoof up to him. It needs to be at his feet or in the channels for him to outpace / muscle the defenders.

Otis

SO we’ve had we create no chances even though up until a few wells ago we were creating more than almost every team we played

A Beardsley comparison

And his touch is as good as mcnulty

Unbelievable straw clutching here
As was pointed out a week or so ago, we have been scoring, but not really creating.

McNulty has scored goals out of the blue and we've had worldies and potshots.

Look back at the goals and the creation involved lately.

It's not straw clutching. I agree Biamou doesn't score anything like enough, but if you'd care to list all the chances he has missed I would be very grateful.

Bottom line is he's hardly had any chances and that's because we don't create enough chances. It's that simple.

Evo1883

There is no straw clutching, we create barely anything at all in terms of chances and haven't really all season. There were a few games we seemed to, but we have always really relied on Jones, Nazon or McNulty to pull something out of the bag rather than being able to score well worked, team goals like we see scored against us week in, week out.

We are talking about the bloke who hoofed it wide by 10 foot when he was 3 yards out with an open goal .

It’s straw clutching

stevefloyd

I do have to agree, Biamou although I really like the guy has missed a handful of great chances which is terrible for a striker had we had someone like Collins its almost safe to say we would have more points on the board but chances created for our strikers are pathetic

eastwoodsdustman

We are talking about the bloke who hoofed it wide by 10 foot when he was 3 yards out with an open goal .

It’s straw clutching

Don't think anyone is clutching at straws. He's played well and, yes, he's missed a few chances but so has Mcnulty (remember Chesterfield?). Anyhow you'll get your wish very very soon.
Biamou looks like he's ran himself into the ground for us and needs a decent rest. I think that JCH will be playing for the next few weeks with Biamou rested or on the bench as back up.

Otis

Don't think anyone is clutching at straws. He's played well and, yes, he's missed a few chances but so has Mcnulty (remember Chesterfield?). Anyhow you'll get your wish very very soon.
Biamou looks like he's ran himself into the ground for us and needs a decent rest. I think that JCH will be playing for the next few weeks with Biamou rested or on the bench as back up.
McNulty has missed loads of chances. Biamou's problem is he is chasing the ball here, there and everywhere and therefore quite often he's then not in the box to get on the end of any chances or crosses we make. They are very few and far between though.

I have said myself that I think we need to give JCH a go, but we can't go complaining about Biamou missing chances that he hasn't had.

Nick

Administrator

It’s straw clutching

Then again McNulty has missed chances and everybody was saying he was shit.

I don't doubt McNulty is better, but we need to create a lot more chances, it's the same when Ponticelli has come on. It's been pointless most of the time him bothering.

The pressure is on because we expect strikers to score every chance they get, in reality they will need 4 or 5 for every goal.

Esoterica

It’s straw clutching
He's doing the job Robins is asking him to do - a defensive target man. A role he's never played in his life. You don't see Tom Pope or Akinfenwa being asked to bust their nuts closing down fullbacks. How many decent crosses have we put into the box for him after beating a fullback? How many times has a midfielder run beyond him up the pitch so that he has someone other than McNulty amongst 3 defenders to aim for? You can count the answer to both on one hand. He hasn't missed a chance since he got his goals against Swindon and MK because we haven't made him a chance. It's not a coincidence that Beavon, Ponti and Biamou have 1 league goal between them - they are all strikers who need chances created for them, something we just don't do. Nazon, McNulty, Jones are players who can get a goal out of nothing and have all scored more.

Otis

Then again McNulty has missed chances and everybody was saying he was shit.

I don't doubt McNulty is better, but we need to create a lot more chances, it's the same when Ponticelli has come on. It's been pointless most of the time him bothering.

The pressure is on because we expect strikers to score every chance they get, in reality they will need 4 or 5 for every goal.
Yep. Ponticelli was coming on and we weren't creating any chances for him and now JCH has been coming on and we haven't been creating any chances for him either.

Liquid Gold

If Biamou wasn’t on the pitch then McNulty may as well be playing 100 miles away with the gap that was left.

pastythegreat

Now we are lumping it every week and kelly is back mcnulty isn’t scoring again unless he creates it himself

Stats DO NOT lie

Yet most of McNultys goals have been from high balls miss judged by defenders or from outside the box!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Grendel

One thing I don't get is why you say stats don't lie but then give reasons for McNultys stats?

Would be interesting to see how Biamou fared in a team that created shed loads of chances though, same with McNulty.

He’d fair badly as he’s dreadful at all aspects of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread