McSheffrey hails Platt contribution (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Untitled.jpg
'He's one of the best I've played with,; say Macca

Coventry City prodigal son Gary McSheffrey has hailed one of Aidy Boothroyd's summer signings. Clive Platt.
Platt has scored three goals for Coventry so far this season, but the current top scorer Gary McSheffrey, with four goals to his credit so far, thinks that Platt's contribution has helped him to find his goal scoring touch again.
McSheffrey scored the only goal of the game at Bramall Lane on Saturday to secure the three points that propelled the Sky Blues into fourth place in the Championship. He later admitted the goal came from the training ground.
“It was a good goal, the sort of thing we work on in training all the time," said McSheffrey.

“Lukas Jutkiewicz held the ball up well all afternoon and he made the space for Aron Gunnarsson to get in a great cross. We know that Platty can beat anybody in the air at the back stick and his cushioned headers are fantastic. He’s one of the best I’ve played with for that.”
The veteran Platt, who celebrated his 33rd birthday last week, said, “It was a tough game but I think we showed what a strong unit we are and it was a great win away from home."

“There aren’t many teams who will go there and get three points this season so we have set down a big marker with that result and we are just glad that our hard work paid off.”

“I saw Aron and Rich Keogh overlapping down the right so I tried to pull off my man and I managed to get on the end of a great cross and put it back to Gary who got himself another goal. It was a great finish, putting it straight into the top corner."
"He’s not the biggest in the box but he’s always on the move and he is a big goal threat for us. I have set up a couple for him now and I have told him that because he hasn’t returned the favour."

Platt added, "It is going well and we are working off each other as a front four and getting a lot more chances, so I know I will be on the end of a few crosses over the course of the season."
" We are sharing the goals throughout the team and that is good competition for the players because we all want to score more than one another and it means that the opposition can’t just concentrate on one player to stop scoring because we have got a number who can get goals.”

Platt revealed the extent of the injury that made him a doubt for the game on Saturday, “I have got a bit of a hamstring strain which I am not sure if it is coming from my back, but the medical team have really looked after me and pulled me out of a couple of training sessions."
“They strapped me up to help take the pressure off the hamstring and it worked because I didn’t feel it at all during the game, so hats off to the physios who work hard to help us get through games.”
The battle between The Blades powerful central defender Chris Morgan was one highlighted before the game, but Platt got on with the job asked of him. He revealed, “I got a few bumps and bruises but I am sure he has as well. It was always going to be a tough game and a battle."

"He is an aggressive guy on the pitch but a nice guy off it, and for me, I thought he was hard but fair and that’s how I like to play, and fortunately we came out on top on the day.”

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im delighted with the way platt has played think of if we didnt have him how many goals would we have lost out on, hopefully get another season or 2 out of him great signing i must say.

Users who are viewing this thread