McSheffrey Leeds Could Have Had Me (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Gary+McSheffrey+tJF1-4XC6VTm.jpg
McSheffrey on Leeds
Coventry City wide man Gary McSheffrey has said that Leeds United, who travel to the Ricoh Arena on Saturday could have signed him.

Speaking to the CT, McSheffrey, who notched his fourth goal of the season on Saturday said: "They had first dabs on me to stay there. "Michael Doyle played 55 games for them last year and I think the first two signings they should have made in the summer were me and Doyler.
"But Simon Grayson and his staff didn't want me - it's as simple as that.
"I haven't spoken to him since I left, which I find a bit disappointing on a man-to-man basis. "You expect better man management really, a bit more respect, but that's all in the past now and there are no sour grapes.

"I took a hell of a wages drop to come back to Coventry on a one-year contract but it has proved a great decision for me - I would rather play for less money and be part of something where I'm wanted than playing somewhere where I'm not really rated.

"It's been great to get my game back on track and score some goals but, more important, be part of a decent team.

"The defence and goalkeeper are playing out of their skin and we have got players in the team who can score goals and win games, so there is a good balance here now.

"Nobody's getting carried away, but we're certainly heading in the right direction."

City Support Was Superb - McSheffrey (Sheffield United v Coventry #14)

Coventry City's Gary McSheffrey has paid tribute to the 2,000 plus City supporters at Bramall Lane on Saturday for the Sky Blues 1-0 victory.

Speaking to the CT, McSheffrey, who has been described by City manager Aidy Boothroyd as 'one of the first names on the teamsheet', said: "Our support at Bramall Lane was fantastic.

"A lot of the lads have not seen the fans here through the good times and I have been telling them that they are up there with the best of them when we are doing well and hopefully we can keep performing and winning for them and give them a good season."

Last edited:

BenInTurin

Facebook User
That's what we want, something to make the game more interesting this weekend, if it wasn't interesting enough!

covladzak

Is the Coventry City Supporter Club Freehold Street still open? Garys mum Anne used to work there... When I got divorced I moved on Harnell Lane East and went in there alot...

Users who are viewing this thread