Michael Doyle re signing for City (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Is that the 'big news'?

Still I always like to see a defensive player in midfield.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He knows the league and what's required to get out of it! Not a bad signing this!

Will certainly add a 'game management' side we always lack!

pusbccfc

Sort of player who will look decent great Portsmouth side.

In an average Coventry, probably not.

ajsccfc

I don't mind the age so much if he's still been playing every week, less chance of a Stephen Hunt or Darius Henderson where their legs fall off if they break into a jog.

SkyBlueScottie

I didn't rate him the first time around as a player, however, I like him as a character
Thats the thing, far too often we looked for him to be our main midfielder, he did his job excellently when we were not expecting him to be our playmaker, the first season of Hughes and Doyle and then alongside Wise were his best times. Hopefully alongside Bigi or Stevenson will see more of the same.

hill83

I'm not a huge fan of going back for old players, but these players some deemed shit before were when we were in a much stronger division.

Marcus Hall would be a world beater in league 2. I'm joking, but you know what I mean.

steve82

Happy with this, a leader who demands 100% from those around him, a nasty side too which we need to add that bite we've missed for so long.
Add a bit of modern day crazy gang style and we will not be bullied in league two.
First of the more senior players to balance the squad. One or two more please MR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

I said the other day leave the past in the past if we are to energise and go forward. Doyle was like Marmite during his time with us.
Mediocre at best and now age is catching up. Not where I would be putting my money if I was MR's tbh. Sentiment will not get the job done.

ccfcway

I said the other day leave the past in the past if we are to energise and go forward. Doyle was like Marmite during his time with us.
Mediocre at best and now age is catching up. Not where I would be putting my money if I was MR's tbh. Sentiment will not get the job done.

He was the captain of the champions in league two. Mediocre is more than fine for what we need, its league two. Why is this sentiment on MR part ?

Ccfcjml71

He is a winner, don't know what we expect.

We have signed the captain of the League Two champions - I will take it all day even if it is a year deal

Users who are viewing this thread