Microsoft error report (1 Viewer)

Vixen

What exactly does it mean?

Sometimes when I am on certain sites (NO not that kind :?!!) I will have a box pop up with Microsoft error report and with an option to send or don't send.

When I click on don't send the computer logs me out completely of the site I was in and I end up back to my first log in page (you know your start up page with all your icons down the side?)

What does it all mean technoheads?

Nick

Administrator
It is basically when you have an error on your PC they might not know about they want you to "report" it so they know about all of the bugs and failures to try and cancel them out in the latest version of Internet Explorer.

I just use Firefox anyways :)

Vixen

oh right :confused: erm thanks :D

It's just it tends to happen on this one site I have to go on and my virus scans are up to date etc

Nick

Administrator
Try the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Could be something to do with java / flash if the site uses them too!

im-confused

Sometimes if you have a dodgy connection to the internet too. Also if you try to do things faster than the computer speed can handle.

ccfc1987

How to Configure and Use Error Reporting

You can enable, disable, or modify the way that error reporting works on a Windows XP-based computer. When an error occurs, a dialog box is displayed that prompts you to report the problem to Microsoft. If you want to report the problem, technical information about the problem is sent to Microsoft over the Internet. You must be connected to the Internet to use the feature. If a similar problem has been reported by other users and information about the problem is available, you receive a link to a Web page that contains information about the problem.

To access the settings for the reporting feature: 1.Click Start.2.Right-click My Computer, then click Properties.3.Click the Advanced tab.4.Click Error Reporting.To configure the error reporting feature: •By default, error reporting is enabled. To disable it, click Disable error reporting. To continue to be notified when errors occur without being prompted to report the errors, click to select the But notify me when critical errors occur check box.•Specify whether you want to use error reporting for the Windows operating system, for programs, or for both Windows and programs.•To report errors only for selected programs, click Choose Programs, click All programs in this list, and then click the programs that you do not want to include.•To add a program that is not listed, click Add, type the name of the program, or click Browse to find the program on your computer.•If many programs are listed, you may want to create an exclude list. In the Do not report errors for these programs box, click Add, type the name of each program that you want to exclude from error reporting, or click Browse to find the program on your computer

Vixen

Thank you ever so much I have just followed those instructions, will see how I go ;)

What wonderful service on this forum xxxx

ccfc1987

you can turn them off,i used to get them and if i was on line it shut down my internet explorer was annoying,

Bunnykins

Yes That's what used to happen to me. Everything would Close Down.

But if you Send The Error Report. Do microsoft actually Do anything about it?

im-confused

No.. This is microsoft we're on about. since when did they care about their customers? all they care about is buying out the rest of the internet. APPLE FTW!

ccfc1987

when i sent reports ive had nothing come back but a few mates who had win xp copy windows closes down after it was sent.

Users who are viewing this thread