• Thread starter westcountry_skyblue
  • Start date
W

westcountry_skyblue

How old is he now?

Jon

Yeah he's on the bench for Malta tonight. He's 36 now according to Wikipedia

Johnnythespider

Is anybody watching the game, is it just me or has Southgate got Sterling and Ox Chamberlain on the wrong wings.

CJ_covblaze

He played at Wembley last September. This is abysmal. Far too many underperforming. Malta aren't offering anything, are parking the bus and we don't seem to have much of a clue how to get through their defence. I'll say what I said months ago. Very very worried about having Southgate in charge.

Liquid Gold

A good coping mechanism when they're in this kit is to imagine they're Scotland and laugh at how shit they've become.

Gazolba

Why is it that other teams, no matter how lowly, seem to be more skillful than the English players?
Every time an English player is passed the ball or makes a pass I'm worried they will lose possession.
Now Vardy is coming on, another skillful player NOT.

Gazolba

Great goal by Bertrand, one of the best England goals I've seen for a while. Though it must be said, any top-class goal-keeper would have saved it.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Wonder if this guy was the pitch invader?

CJ_covblaze

Why is it that other teams, no matter how lowly, seem to be more skillful than the English players?
Every time an English player is passed the ball or makes a pass I'm worried they will lose possession.
Now Vardy is coming on, another skillful player NOT.

Disagree. In terms of skill we're miles ahead of these sides and even when we've played the better teams we've matched them more often than not. The Maltese didn't have a clue what to do with the ball on the rare occasions they got it.

Problem is Southgate has one plan. If the opposition sit back that nullifies it.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Bonkers result tonight. A virtually full strength French side who are probably the best team in the world right now just had 75% possession & 31 shots on goal but drew 0-0 at home against Luxembourg.

Captain Dart

He was and it was nice to finally get some entertainment.

He got a lifetime ban from England games (*result*) and 1 year ban from Malta plus a night in the cells.

CJ_covblaze

He got a lifetime ban from England games (*result*) and 1 year ban from Malta plus a night in the cells.

There has been suggestions that a free ticket to every England game from now on would be a greater punishment. Should be noted that he won't have a problem getting into Wembley with a ticket. The stewards don't know what type of event they're working at let alone the teams concerned, boxers fighting or singer/band playing. What chance is there that they'll know who isn't allowed in?

CJ_covblaze

chiefdave

There has been suggestions that a free ticket to every England game from now on would be a greater punishment. Should be noted that he won't have a problem getting into Wembley with a ticket. The stewards don't know what type of event they're working at let alone the teams concerned, boxers fighting or singer/band playing. What chance is there that they'll know who isn't allowed in?
Always thought this about bans. Unless they make you report somewhere on a match day there's no chance of them being able to enforce it. Even somewhere like the Ricoh with a relatively small crowd you'd have no problem.

CJ_covblaze

Always thought this about bans. Unless they make you report somewhere on a match day there's no chance of them being able to enforce it. Even somewhere like the Ricoh with a relatively small crowd you'd have no problem.

Even a quite well known City fan with a ban was turning up to most home and away games. He was even chanting his own name in the concourse! No one did anything.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am sure Southgate must have entered the field at some point could they not ban him:emoji_poop:

skybluedan

I was banned for ten years and had to give me passport in when a tournament was on but did go to a few home games and only on one occasion was noticed by the police and that was before I got to the ground

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

lifeskyblue

Slovakia started v well. They look a very exciting team at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread