Millwall. Again (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

Millwall fans fighting among themselves at Wembley, women and kids running scared.

ajsccfc

BHwETj5CAAE-cVD.jpg

Tad

It's Millwall. God help us if those bunch of Neanderthals discovered fire.

Tad

Hmm cancel that, just seen the tv coverage

Think its about time the clubs pay for the police to be there. They're here to protect everyone, not babysit a bunch of idiots. Don't really want my tax money wasted on things like this. Same with the drunks on nights out. If the police is required, the culprit should be charged for wasting police time and pay a fine.

Last edited:

Macca

Think its about time the clubs pay for the police to be there. They're here to protect everyone, not babysit a bunch of idiots. Don't really want my tax money wasted on things like this. Same with the drunks on nights out. If the police is required, the culprit should be charged for wasting police time and pay a fine.

Time for some discipline in general though I fear things have slipped too far

Tad

Time for some discipline in general though I fear things have slipped too far

True. Cutting out the root of the problem is better then paving the cracks.

This is what I don't understand. People are getting smarter, yet common sense and behaviour seem to fading. Maybe its something that needs to be addressed in school...

Last edited:
Scum. They're just scum. Theres little kids in that crowd, families and younger fans who just wanna watch a good game of football, but those idiots have to go and ruin it for everyone. I bet it started over something silly and petty. Typical Milwall. They're a disgrace to their club, fans, football fans in general and football as a whole. Everyone involved IMO should be banned for life from all games. We dont want that sort of behaviour in our game

spwaverley4916

Scum. They're just scum. Theres little kids in that crowd, families and younger fans who just wanna watch a good game of football, but those idiots have to go and ruin it for everyone. I bet it started over something silly and petty. Typical Milwall. They're a disgrace to their club, fans, football fans in general and football as a whole. Everyone involved IMO should be banned for life from all games. We dont want that sort of behaviour in our game

i agree - but do not the drunken, foul mouthed fans of ours at away games deserve the same? there are kids, wives,girlfriends at them games to who want to just enjoy the game. Glass houses and stones come to mind.

Tad

i agree - but do not the drunken, foul mouthed fans of ours at away games deserve the same? there are kids, wives,girlfriends at them games to who want to just enjoy the game. Glass houses and stones come to mind.

All clubs have this problem. Needs to be sorted.

spwaverley4916

All clubs have this problem. Needs to be sorted.

yes Tad - your are correct - unfortunately i think the only way to sort it is to have a number of uniformed police inside the ground- in amongst the fans- stewards are too soft and in many places are to timid, cant be bothered etc. foul and abusive language, drunk and disorderly are all arrestable offences.
I am not advocating that fans should not have a drink but some seem to use football as an excuse forgetting p***sed and then 'not being responsible for their actions'.
I used to enjoy taking the wife to away games, making a day of it, or even a long weekend dependant on where the city were playing but now she refuses to go because of what she has seen and heard. ( I mean off the pitch).

kg82

There's a reason they've got a reputation! Idiots. And the fan that stole the police hat... complete douche! TV camera's followed him all the way!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not condoning millwall scum but without wishing to be controversial, surely taking your wife to a 3rd division away game and expecting a prawn sandwich sit down and applaud politely crowd is naive in extreme....Not that i'm advocating violence or vulgarity, but take your wife to home games for fucks sake....Does everything in football really have to be sanitised to death....

Desperados

Not condoning millwall scum but without wishing to be controversial, surely taking your wife to a 3rd division away game and expecting a prawn sandwich sit down and applaud politely crowd is naive in extreme....Not that i'm advocating violence or vulgarity, but take your wife to home games for fucks sake....Does everything in football really have to be sanitised to death....

Isn’t football about going to see your team play a game? I don’t expect nob heads to be fighting around me whether I am there with my missus, kid or pensioner parents. No place for it at all. Fiery atmosphere is one thing, adds an element to the game, taking it too far and fighting amongst yourselves is just stupid? Hope they all get locked up and banned for life.

Macca

Lets face it football fans when they travel away are pretty selfish. With a kind of its our day out screw everyone else mentality. Sat with my kids in a services on Saturday chilling out. Oh dear here comes the football coach. Shouting fuckin this and c**t that to each other, full of booze and generally causing most people to finish off their food and carry on their journey. Boorish really but hardly looked like the brains of Britain to be fair

jimmyhillsfanclub

I just want to clarify my earlier phone-post.

I do not for one minute condone any sort of violence at football (or anywhere).....

...my above post was more aimed at the comments that compared our away support (occassionally a bit stupid, boorish, drunk & lairy) with the scences in the Millwall end in the SF.....(violent & unacceptable)

I may not agree with all our away fans behaviour....some of the hoolie wannabees & gobshites are just embarrasing, but in todays sanitised PC world, there are few places left where lads can let of a little bit of steam, and if that means drinking a bit too much & swearing in the terraces at a lower league football match.....so be it.
Just don't take your wife & expect all the people to act like they're queueing for tickets to the opera....

hutch1972

Clubs do pay for the police, that is why at some games you will see very few due to clubs trying to keep the costs down.
I agree with you that any person arrested should be paying police costs especially DD , but it is unrealistic that it will ever happen.

spwaverley4916

i have not taken her to any 3rd div games - (away) - she stopped going after a Norwich game some seasons ago. not expecting the game to be sanitised but not expecting pissed idiots who are not interested in the actual game ruining it for others. Oh and she dont eat prawn sandwiches as she is allergic to sea food.

spwaverley4916

I just want to clarify my earlier phone-post.

I do not for one minute condone any sort of violence at football (or anywhere).....

...my above post was more aimed at the comments that compared our away support (occassionally a bit stupid, boorish, drunk & lairy) with the scences in the Millwall end in the SF.....(violent & unacceptable)

I may not agree with all our away fans behaviour....some of the hoolie wannabees & gobshites are just embarrasing, but in todays sanitised PC world, there are few places left where lads can let of a little bit of steam, and if that means drinking a bit too much & swearing in the terraces at a lower league football match.....so be it.
Just don't take your wife & expect all the people to act like they're queueing for tickets to the opera....

so in your first post you dont advocate "vulgarity" but in your second post you do? :thinking about:

rob9872

I'm fed up of hearing how Millwall are a decent club and have tried really hard for years to turnaround the reputation of old and that they are not like that any more.

I've experienced these idiots home and away, seen their rampage through our town and read about many of the 'isolated incidents'. They say its a minority spoiling it for the rest but they certainly still appear to have a much greater minority than anyone else!

PR saying the right things, actions speak volumes. I really dislike Millwall. I know they sing that they don't care about that and I genuinely believe they don't care what the rest of society thinks of them. They are utter scum and if a few innocents are offended by being lumped in with them, tough. The club has no place in football.

jimmyhillsfanclub

so in your first post you dont advocate "vulgarity" but in your second post you do? :thinking about:

Not really....To advocate somethnig is to publicly support or recommend it.....

I don't do that do I? I merely accept the behaviour of the vulgar minority as part & parcel of going to an away game......

By no means to I advocate it.

spwaverley4916

Not really....To advocate somethnig is to publicly support or recommend it.....

I don't do that do I? I merely accept the behaviour of the vulgar minority as part & parcel of going to an away game......

By no means to I advocate it.

"Not that i'm advocating violence or vulgarity" 1st post
"and if that means drinking a bit too much & swearing in the terraces at a lower league football match.....so be it."- 2nd post

vulgarity [vʌlˈgærɪtɪ]
n pl -ties 1. the condition of being vulgar; lack of good manners
2. a vulgar action, phrase, etc.

swearing - profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger; curse, curse word, expletive, oath, swearword, cuss
profanity - vulgar or irreverent speech or action

Covstu

Football has moved on significantly since the 80's when this was the norm. They need to make an example out of Millwall as a club as well as dealing with the fans or else nothing will change.

jimmyhillsfanclub

"Not that i'm advocating violence or vulgarity" 1st post
"and if that means drinking a bit too much & swearing in the terraces at a lower league football match.....so be it."- 2nd post

vulgarity [vʌlˈgærɪtɪ]
n pl -ties 1. the condition of being vulgar; lack of good manners
2. a vulgar action, phrase, etc.

swearing - profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger; curse, curse word, expletive, oath, swearword, cuss
profanity - vulgar or irreverent speech or action

OK...I fear were both getting a bit pedantic.....but I'll play along....:D

ad·vo·cate

/ˈadvəkit/

Noun
A person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
Verb
Publicly recommend or support

:whistle:

spwaverley4916

to play along -
you first used the word advocate, on a public forum, "Not that i'm advocating violence or vulgarity"

and then on a public forum you then stated "and if that means drinking a bit too much & swearing in the terraces at a lower league football match.....so be it"

so you appear to have changed your view - swearing=vulgarity

ricohman

Eyewitness'es have said it all started after a supporter knocked over a young boy,and refused to apologise. Starting a melee

And 3 were arrested for taking coke in the toilets

fernandopartridge

They already do you berk

Users who are viewing this thread