Minecraft (1 Viewer)

stupot07

My kids play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

My kids play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I uninstalled it, because my daughter was infatuated with it. Absolutely hooked and it would play all day, every day if you let her.

Dangerously addictive in the wrong hands! ;)

wingy

I uninstalled it, because my daughter was infatuated with it. Absolutely hooked and it would play all day, every day if you let her.

Dangerously addictive in the wrong hands! ;)
There is something unnerving about the guy behind it.
He's like a pied piper svengahli hypnotising the kids in his video /tutorials.
At least that's how it appears to me when the grand kids are hooked to it.
I hope there is no subliminal message delivered in it.

Otis

I don't get it. I really don't. I understand the concept, but then when my daughter would show me a dog or cat she had created I felt I had been transported back about 30 years in terms of graphics.

It all looks so dated and clunky. If ever I have played any games on a PC or console I have always wanted the the games to look good.

I'm sure Minecraft is great fun to play, but to me it looks goddamn awful to the eye.

wingy

I don't get it. I really don't. I understand the concept, but then when my daughter would show me a dog or cat she had created I felt I had been transported back about 30 years in terms of graphics.

It all looks so dated and clunky. If ever I have played any games on a PC or console I have always wanted the the games to look good.

I'm sure Minecraft is great fun to play, but to me it looks goddamn awful to the eye.
Yeah, but my worry is really those tutorials, he delivers an unending monologue of what appears inane chatter to me, without pause.
It's almost like one of those evangelical church gatherings or worse like the kids have been kidnapped by a cult, hypnotic.
I thought I read something a day or two ago where some political party were feteing him in some way

NorthernWisdom

e-lego.

tbh when it was nice and simple and just building, it was far more interesting to this adult then when they started adding villagers and potions. Kept me going for three months of unemployment then ;)

Nick

Administrator
Once I got into just building stuff it was quite addictive, I then tried it online and it is a whole different ballgame.

Different rules, you have to build up your rep and do tasks. It is like a second life.

I just wanted to build stuff.

torchomatic

My lad and his mates used to play it. They've moved on to something called Roblox now.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Covstu

One game I just don't understand, like Otis I cannot understand how people are attracted to the spectrum style graphics!

Nick

Administrator
One game I just don't understand, like Otis I cannot understand how people are attracted to the spectrum style graphics!

I think it is quite good for kids, my daughter has to think to be able to make things. Like making glass out of sand and fire etc.

stupot07

The reason kids like it despite the poor graphics is they have far more imagination than us adults. They're not that bothered about perfect graphics.

lifeskyblue

My youngest loves it. Yes he plays other games with great graphics etc but this provides a combination of imagination and creativity alongside a few nasty characters that you can destroy n various ways. He also has got one of the mine craft story games that is more like a traditional computer game in that it has a set story to follow and even though there are decisions to make or takes away the creative options. He doesn't play this as much as its 'boring'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

I think it is quite good for kids, my daughter has to think to be able to make things. Like making glass out of sand and fire etc.
Maybe your right, I suppose I am looking at it from a adult gamer perspective. I have consciously not encourage technology on my kids just yet, they love drawing so I haven't introduced iPads etc!

Otis

Maybe your right, I suppose I am looking at it from a adult gamer perspective. I have consciously not encourage technology on my kids just yet, they love drawing so I haven't introduced iPads etc!

Luckily my daughter moved on from Minecraft. She is now addicted to the Sims. ;)

At least though she spends a lot less time on that than she did with Minecraft, which all but held her in a Svengali like spell.

Users who are viewing this thread