MK Dons Away (1 Viewer)

Joelly

How many have we been given for this? Would be great to replicate last year! That game still sticks as a very high point of my life following Cov (since 01-02)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Their website shows the whole area behind the goal can be taken by away fans, and I think they now have the upper tier ready for use too.

Not sure we'll take as many as last year, although will be good if we did. Probably my favourite away game of last year

Astute

Getting a little confused here :confused:

Thought we got AFC Wimbledon. Or do we have to play both AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons?

Shouldn't Franchise FC at their home (and also now, our "home" games) be boycotted? They ripped the heart out of their Wimbledon community - sound familiar?

As Baginton says, enjoy the game

SkyBlueCharlie

Shouldn't Franchise FC at their home (and also now, our "home" games) be boycotted? They ripped the heart out of their Wimbledon community - sound familiar?

As Baginton says, enjoy the game

As I understand it AFC Wimbledon are now settled, have regained their history and awards and their supporters went to Milton Keynes last year for a cup match. On that basis I now see the Dons as the same as any other club so I'll be going. It's first chance to get to see the team play this year, apart from the Hill that is, so I'm looking forward to it.

On a slightly different note I tried several times to buy tickets for the match from CCFC with no luck. The website seems to be permanently down and the telephones are not answered. It's almost as if they don't want people to buy tickets. It took less than 10 minutes to get them from the Dons site!

letsallsingtogether

Keep trying I am one of there biggest critics, but to be fair I phoned up for my Walsall tickets the phone was answered within seconds and they were really helpful. you could always drive down to the offices and get them direct.
Like phoning any business you need to time it right. What time that is who knows?

As I understand it AFC Wimbledon are now settled, have regained their history and awards and their supporters went to Milton Keynes last year for a cup match. On that basis I now see the Dons as the same as any other club so I'll be going. It's first chance to get to see the team play this year, apart from the Hill that is, so I'm looking forward to it.

On a slightly different note I tried several times to buy tickets for the match from CCFC with no luck. The website seems to be permanently down and the telephones are not answered. It's almost as if they don't want people to buy tickets. It took less than 10 minutes to get them from the Dons site!

SkyBlueCharlie

Keep trying I am one of there biggest critics, but to be fair I phoned up for my Walsall tickets the phone was answered within seconds and they were really helpful. you could always drive down to the offices and get them direct.
Like phoning any business you need to time it right. What time that is who knows?

Yes...it does seem luck of the draw doesn't it? As I said I've got my tickets now off the Dons site but I'll try and be a bit more patient in the future.;)

ccfc92

does any one have an idea of how many sold? blocks 1 and 4 are greyed out, 2 only has a few single seats, and 3 has a few rows left. thats not the full 6k is it?

North York’s Blue

does any one have an idea of how many sold? blocks 1 and 4 are greyed out, 2 only has a few single seats, and 3 has a few rows left. thats not the full 6k is it?

Block 1 was on sale a few days ago so presumably must have sold out, block 4 hasn't been released for sale as yet, presumably as we're selling 1/2 blocks at at time. There looked over 600 seats in each block, plus what fans have bought direct from MK I'm guessing at 1500 plus sold already.

oakey

On the MK Dons ticket web page there's a space for DAY NUMBER.
Anyone know what on earth that means? Thanks in advance.

SkyBlueCharlie

If I remember correctly I just ignored it and everything worked OK. Mind you that was a day ago! Must have got something right as my tickets arrived this morning.

lordsummerisle

On that basis I now see the Dons as the same as any other club so I'll be going.

If Milton Keynes wanted their own professional football club they shouldn have started off at the bottom(like AFC Wimbledon had to when it was taken away from them), rather than parachuting in a league club to have them starting already in the Championship.

They're not the same as any other club at all, they've cheated their way into the league, and destroyed a club that did it the right way in the process.

skybluetony176

not been to MK not Dons stadium by train before. is it best to go to Bletchley or the main MK station?

Last edited:

Monners

not been to ML not Dons stadium by train before. is it best to go to Bletchley or the main MK station?

Either walk (25 -30 mins from Bletchley or get a train from there to Fenny Stratford where there are a couple of decent pubs and a 20 - 25 min walk. MK is a taxi journey away, although is good for pubs and especially food quite near the station. The police can be a bit funny about fans venturing too far neat the shopping area though.

skybluetony176

Either walk (25 -30 mins from Bletchley or get a train from there to Fenny Stratford where there are a couple of decent pubs and a 20 - 25 min walk. MK is a taxi journey away, although is good for pubs and especially food quite near the station. The police can be a bit funny about fans venturing too far neat the shopping area though.

cheers for the tips. i will put it too the group. ;)

oakey

For anyone else booking on MK dons site, I put 30 in the first box and 112013 in the second box and it worked. It would not work when I left it blank but thanks for the suggestion go to skyblueCharlie.

Cranfield Sky Blue

not been to MK not Dons stadium by train before. is it best to go to Bletchley or the main MK station?

There is a shuttle bus from MK that stops at a Wetherspoons and goes to the ground. For anyone thinking of getting a taxi in MK, use 01908 218218, always the cheapest. And they will arrange to meet you outside the station. Don't get a cab from the station as they charge the earth.

PUSB

fernandopartridge

What happened to all those principled NOPM types who were also going to boycott MK as a show of strength against franchised football?

lordsummerisle

There is a shuttle bus from MK that stops at a Wetherspoons and goes to the ground. For anyone thinking of getting a taxi in MK, use 01908 218218, always the cheapest. And they will arrange to meet you outside the station. Don't get a cab from the station as they charge the earth.

PUSB

Don't believe him, that number is for Sisu Cabs, they're trying to get money from NOPM types by deception.

SkyBlueCharlie

If Milton Keynes wanted their own professional football club they shouldn have started off at the bottom(like AFC Wimbledon had to when it was taken away from them), rather than parachuting in a league club to have them starting already in the Championship.

They're not the same as any other club at all, they've cheated their way into the league, and destroyed a club that did it the right way in the process.

There's nothing there that I would argue with. however you have taken a small part of my post out of context. My point was that AFC Wimbledon have moved on, their fans have accepted that MK Dons exist and they went in numbers to the cup match last year. If that is good enough for them it's good enough for me. There is always a time to say enough is enough and they appear to have reached that point. They (AFC) now have other things to worry about, such as trying to get a new ground whereas MK Dons haven't really profited from their cheating have they? They play in the same division as us, to relatively low crowds (except when we take 5000, of course) and are an artificial team in and artificial town and will always be so.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I hope 6000 MK Dons fans buy tickets direct from SISU for the game at Sixfields later this season......

....fairs fair eh!

Womble

In response to earlier statements heres some info

winkelman tried to get QPR, Luton and Barnet to MK to suffice the demand of his property deal backed by IKEA and ASDA (WALMART) who would build him a free stadium if they could build supermarkets on his land. He needed a club, sadly our Norweigian owners having got us relegated decided to cut their lossess and let the club be moved to MK. Apparently renting a stadium in MK would be better than renting a stadium off Ron Noades. Basically it was nothing about saving the club, but enabling a property deal to give Winkelman a freebie. The FA said no, the FL said no, but they went to legal arbitration and 3 fuckwads voted 2-1 because Winkelman was enthusiastic. FFS!

Wimbledon FC ceased to exist and our league share (which was earnt by the people of WIMBLEDON over 100+ years and 80 years of non league/amateur football meant nothing and MK got a free club without the backing of the supporters) was transferred to a new entity. The MK badge carries the 2004 date as the launch of MKdons (Winkelman registered this and other web domanin names in the summer of 2000 well before it happened, he wasnt saving anything, he was getting a stadium paid and built for him).

I would ask you to think about going to MK but seeing as 2000+ went to the fa cup game (I didnt) it seems churlishly hypocritical of me. Much as it does if there were to be a replay (fat chance) I wouldnt go to Northampton.

AFCWimbledon doesnt own any of the trophies, patrimony etc, that was returned by the franchise to Merton Council. Some of our fans see us as a direct continuation, some see us as a new club which has fan links. Its a difficult one to pigeon hole. Im a wimbledon fan and still am.. I like the fact that AFC is a fans club, its OUR club. We aint perfect by any stretch but at least if we fuck up, we fuck up on our terms. The Dons trust owns the club and the club is held accountable by the trust.

BTW, Im part of the fanzine team at AFCW, the Womble Underground Press and we'd like cov fans to contribute to the fanzine. If we get enough content we may donate proceeds to your fighting fund..

SkyBlueCharlie

Womble,

Thanks for the clarity and particularly my error over the trophy and history. I think your comments reflect the dilemma that many CCFC fans are going through at the moment and will be probably well into the future for that matter. I always had a liking for Wimbledon, they, like us, were a team that punched above their weight and the '88 cup result was fantastic,so I've often looked in on your forum to see what was going on, hence my comments about most fans now having accepted the present state of affairs.

We are both where we are, there comes a point when the present and future become more important than the past and it's probably easier for me to reach that point with regard to the MK Dons situation than it is for you. But your example of a well run fans' club is certainly one we should aspire to, good luck and keep the faith.

PS thanks for letting us borrow Dennis Wise, it was great while he was here.

Users who are viewing this thread