Match Thread Mk dons match thread (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Was there ever a statement/reason given on why all our friendlies are away?

The Ricoh pitch has been relaid this summer with XtraGrass system, although it's been laid now it's not ready for us to play on.

RoboCCFC90

Or the Ricoh is not available to us.

Correct it isn't.

http://www.greenfieldsturf.co.uk/sports-news/remarkable-renovation-ricoh/

Over the past month, the GreensFields Grounds Team supported by Premier Pitches (a leading sports turf renovation contractor) carried out a number of mechanical operations to effectively clean the surface to enable new grass sward to develop.

Following this the pitch now has a five-week period where the natural grass has time to re-establish itself properly. This will be supported by additional processes from our Grounds Team to positively promote the grass growth.

After a busy summer of renovations, the XtraGrass pitch will be ready and geared up for the busy football and rugby season starting on 5 August with Coventry’s first home match.

Sbarcher

You want it dried. But not too dry.

Um, so I understand.
Oh dear. You can tell I'm no gardener. I thought if it got too dry you got the sprinkler out.

bawtryneal

Correct it isn't.

http://www.greenfieldsturf.co.uk/sports-news/remarkable-renovation-ricoh/

Over the past month, the GreensFields Grounds Team supported by Premier Pitches (a leading sports turf renovation contractor) carried out a number of mechanical operations to effectively clean the surface to enable new grass sward to develop.

Following this the pitch now has a five-week period where the natural grass has time to re-establish itself properly. This will be supported by additional processes from our Grounds Team to positively promote the grass growth.

After a busy summer of renovations, the XtraGrass pitch will be ready and geared up for the busy football and rugby season starting on 5 August with Coventry’s first home match.

Even if the Ricoh was available we would not play friendlies there for cost reason`s.

RoboCCFC90

Even if the Ricoh was available we would not play friendlies there for cost reason`s.

Over the last few years, Wasps haven't wanted us to play pre-season games there, coupled with pitch renovations.

christonabike

Over the last few years, Wasps haven't wanted us to play pre-season games there, coupled with pitch renovations.
Plus CCFC wanting them to pay £30M to CCC. Not to worry they are not connected and Wasps have broad shoulders and al that ..............:woot:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They'd be better off coming down to the Isle of Wight and playing Newport in a friendly! Or Cowes Sports. I'm sure Stevie Hunt would be ready to oblige! :happy:

mark82

You are making an assumption but we don't know. The Ricoh has been off limits most pre-seasons to us due to concerts, etc. This is not something new.

mark82

Assuming it's going to be similar to Barnsley with the "first team" getting the first 60 to 70 minutes with a raft of substitutions after that.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Holiday time again HH. Will be over from 29th July to 12th Aug. Might take in a game while over there :) Newport due any games mate? ;)
Fixtures show that Newport will play Guildford in a preliminary FA Cup round on 5th August 3.00pm kick off. And then they will play a local derby against Lymington in the league on 8th Aug. 7.45 KO. I'll definitely be going to the Guildford game! PM me when and where you'll be and we can meet up if you like.

chiefdave

Didn't realise that either. Going to be tight to make it there in time.

Saying that looking at the weather forecast staying at home might be the more sensible option!

Astute

Storms at 8pm! Let's hope it's not as bad as the other year!
I'm OK on the island. Might wash a bit of land away but that is all. It is when I get back onto the mainland. Had 4 days where the floods stopped us from getting to the motorway.

Blue sky and still very warm here. Even dog doesn't want to go to the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread