More CCC/Wasps/CCFC Angst (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Don't see why. Surely even the most ardent Wasps and CCC fans on here (Hi Italia, Tony) would agree that we should have been included in the time cap.

Oh great...more squabbling to come, then.

Last edited:

Samo

Don't see why. Surely even the most ardent Wasps and CCC fans on here (Hi Italia) would agree that we should have been included in the time cap.

Absolutely right, there should be no debate on this one.

mechaishida

Don't see why. Surely even the most ardent Wasps and CCC fans on here (Hi Italia) would agree that we should have been included in the time cap.

Pfft, let's see what he says first.

It does make you wonder why CCFC wasn't included in the time capsule...such a blatant, overt omission is only going to stir up a wasps nest...see what I did there...

Terry Gibson's perm

Ah well it is in the ground out of the way and in fifty years time when this temple to Lucas gets knocked down who is going to care about some paper in a box it's not the 1800's.

For all of their trying the council,radio and local rag will not be able to force the people of Coventry to like these visitors.

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like a franchise Pr stunt.

Interesting that it wasn't just the football club, Cov Rugby weren't also.

fernandopartridge

The only thing that might have happened is the club were asked and didn't respond.
Wasps so desperate though eh "We belong here, please like us"

torchomatic

On Twitter from CCC: For Information we didn't organise this capsule or decide what went in.

Bit bizarre that, might as well of stuffed it full of stuff from the Hatton Garden Heist; CCC wouldn't mind.

chiefdave

This is the sort of thing that has to be deliberate. Nobody with the slightest bit of knowledge of the city could have filled that up and not asked themselves why there was Wasps and Blaze representation but not CCFC, CRFC or Bees. Same as the visit Coventry website, go and take a look at that and tell me it is a balanced view of sports clubs in our city.

There's also a pic on the CWR facebook of the capsule being buried.

12622157_966862990060006_80546203914549819_o.jpg

At least CWR are getting lots of grief on their page about it and their coverage of Wasps.

Terry Gibson's perm

This is the sort of thing that has to be deliberate. Nobody with the slightest bit of knowledge of the city could have filled that up and not asked themselves why there was Wasps and Blaze representation but not CCFC, CRFC or Bees. Same as the visit Coventry website, go and take a look at that and tell me it is a balanced view of sports clubs in our city.

There's also a pic on the CWR facebook of the capsule being buried.

View attachment 4991

At least CWR are getting lots of grief on their page about it and their coverage of Wasps.

hope nobody digs it up over the weekend would look good in singers corner

Captain Dart

Where are the Bees?

Sky Blue Sam quote, "I wanted to go to the party too, but I wasn't invited"
Coventry%20mascot.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Where are the Bees?

Sky Blue Sam quote, "I wanted to go to the party too, but I wasn't invited"
Coventry%20mascot.jpg

No bees either, looks like a franchise only party! Only teams with the real Coventry Tradition were allowed in I think.

It looks like the annoyance is wider than CCFC fans, and the dislike for wasps is also. Maybe we just don't hear about is as much from other "parts". Give it a few years when Wasps are the main focus and everybody is pushing them to be the main sporting attraction (Telegraph and CWR seem to be trying already) then loads of people will get pissed off.

chiefdave

On Twitter from CCC: For Information we didn't organise this capsule or decide what went in.

Of course it's nothing to do with the council. Just a mistake that on the council website its called the Coventry City Council Friargate Development and the website has lots of pics of Lucas in her hi-vis.

Friargate-September-5-LG.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Of course it's nothing to do with the council. Just a mistake that on the council website its called the Coventry City Council Friargate Development and the website has lots of pics of Lucas in her hi-vis.

View attachment 4992

Christ, she loves a gatecrash doesn't she? Would take credit for anything if she could. No pictures of her at the train station recently though ;)

eastwoodsdustman

I suppose it wont hurt to have something to remember the Lucas/Wasps experiment by. They'll both be long in the memory by the time its reopened. Its a shame she wasn't put in the hole too.

Nick

Administrator
You would have thought with the Jimmy Hill Memorial at the Cathedral in a couple of weeks, they would have thought to put a picture of him or something in?

chiefdave

They could have picked a better edition of the Telegraph than one with "Nine years for drug dealer with shotgun" and "foster carer who killed toddler jailed".

Users who are viewing this thread