Most likely outcome for the club next season. (1 Viewer)

What do you believe is the most likely outcome for the club next season

• Club will cease to exist

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Club will be owned by SISU and be playing at the Ricoh

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Club will be owned by SISU and be playing elsewhere

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Club will have new owners and be playing at the Ricoh

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other outcome, please do tell

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Captain Dart

Lets see what the mob thinks?

chiefdave

Absolutely believe this
My concern is too many people believe this and therefore aren't bothered about doing anything. This is how we ended up in Northampton. Everyone said it wouldn't happen and a last minute deal would be done, look how that worked out.

Sky Blue Harry H

My concern is too many people believe this and therefore aren't bothered about doing anything. This is how we ended up in Northampton. Everyone said it wouldn't happen and a last minute deal would be done, look how that worked out.

It's not that people aren't bothered, but unless we all want to turn up in Sky Blue vests and impact every Wasps game (gilets jaunes style) which won't happen. then I'm not sure what we can do. Can't easily influence SISU?

covboy1987

I did say down the pub last weekend that I am sure I remembered reading something about that security of Coventry city football club must be part of any agreement - over to you council

Nick

Administrator
I did say down the pub last weekend that I am sure I remembered reading something about that security of Coventry city football club must be part of any agreement - over to you council
They have already moved the goalposts on that and washed their hands of it

Liquid Gold

It's not that people aren't bothered, but unless we all want to turn up in Sky Blue vests and impact every Wasps game (gilets jaunes style) which won't happen. then I'm not sure what we can do. Can't easily influence SISU?
If we were kicked out I wouldn't be unhappy if one morning London Wasps came in to find all their locks concreted.

no_loyalty

Would love option four to become a reality, but can't see Sisu putting up and shutting up.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
But that move was done for a purpose that Sisu were in control of. It was always going to happen in an attempt to distress ACL

This time Sisu are far from in control....

chiefdave

Going after SISU is a complete waste of time and effort, totally agree. Its been done and has had zero impact.

However Wasps have shown themselves to be very sensitive to negative press.

What we really need is the Trust to get on the case. They are the biggest fans group and have the media connections making it far me effective than me, you or anybody else starting yet another group.

Doesn't mean disruption at Wasps games or annoying their supporters, although seeing that many of them seem keen for us to go to the wall I do wonder sometimes why we are so careful to not upset them.

The speech Sillett made the other day is a perfect launch point.

Off the top of my head they could easily get a stream of former players talking to CWR and the Telegraph saying the club must not cease to exist and must stay in Coventry. If you could get the likes of Maddison and Wilson's support you'd probably get national coverage. It was done with the Northampton move and would be more effective this time round as SISU didn't give a shit what any former player thought of us being in Northampton, Wasps will certainly be concerned if every couple of days there's another player in the local media highlighting the issue.

Pressure the council, not just on their misleading (to be charitable) statements at the time of the sale but of the economic impact on the city if the football club are no longer here.

Highlight that in the year Coventry will be the city of sport the football club will cease to exist.

Contact Wasps sponsors to ensure the feeling of the local population is known to them. JLR being a good starting point as a company with a big presence in the city who have a lot of our supporters on their workforce. Its often said when city are doing well productivity increases, another angle to play.

Sure there's plenty of other things people can come up with but it needs someone like the trust to be a focal point and bring everyone together.

chiefdave

But that move was done for a purpose that Sisu were in control of. It was always going to happen in an attempt to distress ACL

This time Sisu are far from in control....
Doesn't matter who is in control and / or what their reasons are for their course of action. The simple fact is we have a very real danger of no longer having a club, the same way we had a very real danger of ending up in Northampton.

Little was done about that as everyone assumed it wouldn't happen. As you can see from the poll on this post that's the same assumption being made now.

Nick

Administrator
Off the top of my head they could easily get a stream of former players talking to CWR and the Telegraph saying the club must not cease to exist and must stay in Coventry. If you could get the likes of Maddison and Wilson's support you'd probably get national coverage.

That was the idea that the Trust didn't want to do any more when it came to the academy....

I agree though, make it purely pro ccfc and people are more likely to get behind it.

fernandopartridge

Going after SISU is a complete waste of time and effort, totally agree. Its been done and has had zero impact.

However Wasps have shown themselves to be very sensitive to negative press.

What we really need is the Trust to get on the case. They are the biggest fans group and have the media connections making it far me effective than me, you or anybody else starting yet another group.

Doesn't mean disruption at Wasps games or annoying their supporters, although seeing that many of them seem keen for us to go to the wall I do wonder sometimes why we are so careful to not upset them.

The speech Sillett made the other day is a perfect launch point.

Off the top of my head they could easily get a stream of former players talking to CWR and the Telegraph saying the club must not cease to exist and must stay in Coventry. If you could get the likes of Maddison and Wilson's support you'd probably get national coverage. It was done with the Northampton move and would be more effective this time round as SISU didn't give a shit what any former player thought of us being in Northampton, Wasps will certainly be concerned if every couple of days there's another player in the local media highlighting the issue.

Pressure the council, not just on their misleading (to be charitable) statements at the time of the sale but of the economic impact on the city if the football club are no longer here.

Highlight that in the year Coventry will be the city of sport the football club will cease to exist.

Contact Wasps sponsors to ensure the feeling of the local population is known to them. JLR being a good starting point as a company with a big presence in the city who have a lot of our supporters on their workforce. Its often said when city are doing well productivity increases, another angle to play.

Sure there's plenty of other things people can come up with but it needs someone like the trust to be a focal point and bring everyone together.
Instead the Jimmy Hill Way has come out defending Wasps and going over the same old ground.

covmark

Instead the Jimmy Hill Way has come out defending Wasps and going over the same old ground.
Is the Jimmy Hill Way still a thing?
So many groups have come and gone, it confuses the shit out of me.
The one group we could do with hearing from is the Sky blue Trust.
Any word from them yet? Or have I missed it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

The jimmy hill way is that foam at the mouth moron who likes women’s football isn’t it

chiefdave

Just read it, unbelievable. Should change their slogan to Fighting the Wasps Way.

Fortunately it seems that he's just talking to himself, pretty much the only replies to his tweets are from his own personal account!

covmark

The jimmy hill way is that foam at the mouth moron who likes women’s football isn’t it
Fuck knows mate. I'm sure that was one of the groups that formed a while ago.
Although I'm not on Twitter or any of that crap, so I may be wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Just read it, unbelievable. Should change their slogan to Fighting the Wasps Way.

Fortunately it seems that he's just talking to himself, pretty much the only replies to his tweets are from his own personal account!

Just waiting for the fake ones to fire up (Boddy, Fisherbaiter etc).

There was quite an interesting one setup to target the SBT one after I corrected them both on something.

Login on Twitter

fernandopartridge

It's one bloke I think, that David Johnson character

shmmeee

tumblr_o14fqmcYxq1rfd7lko1_400.gif

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it was a bit strange that the protest was for everybody to go and watch the team he was a director of instead of CCFC.

ajsccfc

I'm sure I read that they got permission to use the name, but The Jimmy Hill Way is more of an insult to him than anything Sunderland fans could come up with in their wildest dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread