Music (1 Viewer)

Millo

Every decent forum needs a music topic!

Bought any new albums? Re-visited some old ones? Been to a gig?

Let's hear about it, tell us all exactly what we should be listening to. :cool:

Nick

Administrator
Just lately I have been listening to some old school Stereophonics in the car.

At home I have a few catchy songs playing like Kelly Rowland (hate to admit)

my favourite bands at the moment are the klaxons, the editors, reverend and the makers and bloc party...list goes on

i been going to carling leeds festival for last 3years and cant wait to hear the line up for this summer.

just before xmas i saw the manic street preachers supported by cherry ghost, and i also saw the verve supported by reverend and the makers both gigs were awesome but neither in coventry...ricoh needs to get more gigs going!

kasbah in town (aka colly) have been having a few good bands on and got good bands yet to come...new found glory and get cape wear cape fly so far...

Nick

Administrator
I must admit I do like the Klaxons and love Bloc Party :)

The editors are a bit too depressing I reckon :(

Millo

Hate the Klaxons, seen em on TV doing lives shows a couple times and they sounded awful.

Bloc Party ad Editors are sound, so are The Enemy obviously. I like Kings Of Leon aswell, their new album is top class, want to see them live.

Going to see The Kooks in April and will be at the Sunday of The Enemy gig with the missus and a few mates.

ah Kings of Leon are ace i seen them twice!!! klaxons were awesome at leeds one of the better acts i saw in the weekend. i missed out on the kooks the other year love them too. enemy are great seen them about 4 times too.

stop going gigs and go festivals get to see like 30 bands for how much it would cost you for erm about 10?

Millo

Yea, I wanted to go to T in the Park, you seen the line-up? Sooo Good, just too expensive.

This year though were gonna put a couple hundred quid aside so we can deffo go to a big festival next year.

Seen Jimmy Eat World last week, they were pretty good, I REALLY wanna see Arctic Monkeys. I bet The Verve were quality when you saw them?

Nick

Administrator
I love the Verve, and Richard Ashcroft! Would love to go and see them!

Last gig I saw was Stereophonics at the NIA. It was not very intimate, the place was empty so it echoed a lot but the older stuff was legendary :)

Millo

Performance and Cocktails is my favourite Phonics album.. infact, it's one of my favourite albums full stop and yea, Verve and Ashcroft are class, he's better in the band though.

Nick

Administrator
Millo said:
Performance and Cocktails is my favourite Phonics album.. infact, it's one of my favourite albums full stop and yea, Verve and Ashcroft are class, he's better in the band though.

I like Word Gets Around a bit better I think!

Those 2 albums seem to be a lot lighter and easier to listen to than the newer stuff. Although Dakota is great.

i saw ashcroft in dec 06 and then verve 07 both times amazing!!!

yeah t in park always amazing line up. isle of white always has a good line up to...im so used to leeds, need a change though!

skyblue_goddess

I'm going to seriously lower the tone here but I got the S Club 7 greatest hits for Christmas and my life is now complete ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bloody hell any one see the line up for kasbah in next few months...zutons, reverand and makers, cribs loads more!!! my ginger friend do you fancy accomanying me? :D

Hi there,

I love Gladiator's TV Music. I have got both albums (RARE CD's), I love the Main Theme from the 1990's. And the Instrumental Piece's which was used in the ITV Game Show like Eliminator, Duel, Hang Tough..

Mark Shreeve: Keyboard - Syth Artist, Albums from Legion, Crash Head, Assassin, Oracle, Collide, Energy Fountain, Powerhouse.

Superman Movie Soundtracks - Brand New 8 CD Soundtrack Collection (Fantasic)

Barry Gray TV Soundtracks: Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO, Space 1999, JOE 90, Supercar & Fireball XL5, The Secret Service etc..

Music in General: Music from the 1960's to 1990's, The Moody Blues, Status Quo, ABBA, The Korgis, Petula Clark, etc

Kind Regards

Captain Cubbio 2008

Users who are viewing this thread