Nations league (1 Viewer)

Covstu

didn’t fecking realise it was on sky sports which is annoying but we look very much second best albeit some questionable refereeing. Alli isn’t playing well again, not sure why he gets a game at the moment.

CJ_covblaze

Spain controlled possession but if anything we had more chances or the better ones anyway. Harsh decision at the end. Probably need 4 points from the two games against Croatia to avoid relegation now.

With regards to Sky it’s a horrendous decision. Is it UEFA or the FA that made it?

lifeskyblue

Spain controlled much of the game but England had more than enough chances. Thought rashford’s miss was a bad one; anywhere but straight and it was in.
Thought de gea dropped the balloon at the end...but haven’t seen a replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Spain controlled much of the game but England had more than enough chances. Thought rashford’s miss was a bad one; anywhere but straight and it was in.
Thought de gea dropped the balloon at the end...but haven’t seen a replay.

Yep. Dear Gea just dropped the ball.

Rashford's miss was a bad one. You have to take your chances at this level and I agree on Alli. He simply doesn't deserve a place at the moment.

CJ_covblaze

Yep. Dear Gea just dropped the ball.

Rashford's miss was a bad one. You have to take your chances at this level and I agree on Alli. He simply doesn't deserve a place at the moment.

Would use Loftus-Cheek instead of Dele every single time.

lifeskyblue

Thanks Otis. It looked like a drop. At the game it looked as if the ref gave a foul at first and then hesitated and pointed to centre circle and then reverted to the foul decision.

Grendel

Is the main point of this competition just to make sure the better teams make it to the Euros?

covmark

Is the main point of this competition just to make sure the better teams make it to the Euros?
I think the main point of this competition is there are less friendly matches.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

The play off rules though are a safety net for group A teams as i understand it

CJ_covblaze

Yes. It also will be used for future seedings too.

Terry Gibson's perm

Did even know it was on the tv I would rather they had sold it to Amazon or one of them companies so they have something to keep them out of the way of the real stuff

CJ_covblaze

Did even know it was on the tv I would rather they had sold it to Amazon or one of them companies so they have something to keep them out of the way of the real stuff

That was part of the real stuff.

CJ_covblaze

The real stuff is league football I don’t know what this even is just an effort to try and get players interested in turning up

International football for me is the pinnacle. Always has been. Nothing beats the pride of singing the National Anthem in the stands and on the pitch. When I was a kid I wanted to be Oggy or if it was rush back I’d switch to Gazza or Ndlovu. More than anything though my life goal was to save a pen at Hampden.

Terry Gibson's perm

International football for me is the pinnacle. Always has been. Nothing beats the pride of singing the National Anthem in the stands and on the pitch. When I was a kid I wanted to be Oggy or if it was rush back I’d switch to Gazza or Ndlovu. More than anything though my life goal was to save a pen at Hampden.

I think it was but not anymore I couldn’t see even the best international teams beating any of the top club sides, I always wanted to play for the sky blues but was less bothered about playing for England or Italy. The national anthem doesn’t do it for me much prefer land of hope and glory

CJ_covblaze

I think it was but not anymore I couldn’t see even the best international teams beating any of the top club sides, I always wanted to play for the sky blues but was less bothered about playing for England or Italy. The national anthem doesn’t do it for me much prefer land of hope and glory

Our anthem should be Jerusalem. Doesn’t make me any less proud to sing GSTQ. I even stand up when it’s played on TV!

covcity4life

We did very well vs Spain and it further cements our position as a top tier country once again

Great work being done.

lifeskyblue

We did very well vs Spain and it further cements our position as a top tier country once again

Great work being done.

Not sure about the ‘very well’. Spain controlled much of the game without ever really finding top gear. Yes England wasted a couple of good chances and had, in my opinion, a good goal disallowed but Spain looked the quality outfit.

Covstu

It was certainly england when I was a kid but now Coventry are way more important that the international team. Felt out of touch with them for years (maybe partly due to our own demise and out of the big leagues) but Southgate has done a lot of close that gap which is encouraging.

ccfcway

not a clue what tonight will show us. Beraing in mind we still need friendlies against countries from other continents, not sure why we are playing a friendly against a European country

Westendlad

It was certainly england when I was a kid but now Coventry are way more important that the international team. Felt out of touch with them for years (maybe partly due to our own demise and out of the big leagues) but Southgate has done a lot of close that gap which is encouraging.
City always more important than England for me but since sky and all the money that turned players from footballers to superstars i've lost interest in football to be honest...Apart from City. Hmmm Southgate, time will tell.

Nick

Administrator
How does rose get away with shouting you are fucking shit in the ref's face with no action at all?

CJ_covblaze

Good result. Decent run out for the fringe players. Highlight of the night was the FA letting Danny Rose’s mum pick the man of the match. Hopefully that won’t be the last home game played away from Wembley.

Covstu

More watched the bake off then the game last night, speaks volumes. Thought it was another pointless game, the Spain game has value, this didn’t. Seems strange so early in the season

CJ_covblaze

More watched the bake off then the game last night, speaks volumes. Thought it was another pointless game, the Spain game has value, this didn’t. Seems strange so early in the season

It’s pretty much a pre season friendly. Try new things out with different players. Not surprised about the viewing figures. Can’t see it getting any better. It’ll get worse for the USA game.

vow

Our anthem should be Jerusalem. Doesn’t make me any less proud to sing GSTQ. I even stand up when it’s played on TV!
Amen to that brother. The Queen means nothing to me and GSTQ is a shite anthem also, not uplifting at all.

covcity4life

nations league has been a success so far. the most bearable intl break yet and i watched ,scotland vs albania, ireland vs wales,wales vs denmark,france vs holland and italy vs portugal too.

Otis

Good for some of the smaller nations too. I heard Michael O'Neill on 5Live the other day saying how good it was for the likes of Northern Ireland, because they struggle to get any decent teams want to play them in a friendly.

It's not all just about the big boys you know. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread