Network card failure (1 Viewer)

redsox

Facebook User
For no apparent reason my network card has suddenly failed, on closer inspection it says it "failed to start". Has anyone any bright ideas as to a solution and or a good budget replacement ?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
get usb adapter go to another computer go onto the website thta makes the laptop download the drivers to the stick and reinstall them on your laptop that should fix it unless the card is actually fecked all together.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
That was my though as well Irish. Look for the relevant drivers and/or firmware for the network card and see if you can save the card. I think it sounds like one of these two things have become corrupted and so they just need updating hopefully!

redsox

Facebook User
Thanks for your help guys. The problem seems to have gone away all by itself. Intending to follow your advice I plugged in the offending computer to find out what driver I needed to download and lo and behold everything now works!!......wierd huh??
:D

redsox

Facebook User
Seriously I hadn't had the offending computer on for a couple of days, rebooted it, it came up with some error , I pressed F1 to continue, the thing booted and lo & behold internet connection!!........and even better my wireless connection works which it wouldn't previously. So once again thanks Irish & Ben for the advice and sorry I seem to have wasted your time.

:p

BenInTurin

Facebook User
No problem, I didn't do much anyway. The fact it's working again makes me think it would have been the driver and during the reboot it's picked up a saved version of the drivers for you!

Users who are viewing this thread