Never again (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Will I take the FA cup for granted , yes I know we probably won't win it , but that experience today will stay with me forever and a game that's up there with the best matches I've ever attended watching city .

Appreciate these moments , amazing

Otis

Will I take the FA cup for granted , yes I know we probably won't win it , but that experience today will stay with me forever and a game that's up there with the best matches I've ever attended watching city .

Yup.

Once you have actually seen it and been there and done it, as we did in 1987, it stays with you forever and is an incredible memory etched upon your brain.

The cup can still be special, as proved today.

Last edited:

usskyblue

yes I know we probably won't win it
Donald Trump GIF

Legia Sky Blue

Well said Evo. I know you were iffy about bothering with the Oxford game earlier in the season, and I was quite exasperated with people continually calling every draw a crap one, when to me winning each round was more important than drawing one of the big fish in the early rounds. Unless Leicester make it through we will now have one of those big fish in a cup semi final. Fantastic :)

Martin180

It’s a very poor game so far , Chelsea look incredibly ordinary and only Dewsbury-Hall looks up for it for Lesta

clint van damme

Probably be a bit ambivalent to it after we've won the champions league 2 or 3 times. So within the next 5 or 6 years

clint van damme

It's really annoyed me when we just haven't been arsed about it. Yeah it's probably not going to be something we will go all the way and win but moments like yesterday just make it worth it.

I've ot been arsed with the cups for years and my attendance at cup games has been sporadic but you're spot on, yesterday was magical,

TomRad85

Some of us stuck up for the cup from the get go. Hopefully we don't have the same shit play the academy kids posts next year
Tbf the manager himself never took it seriously so i get why fans may not. Glad Doug had a word as this is a fair bit more fun than getting embarrassed by Wrexham isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I have always loved the cup, you tell the 4800 who were there yesterday that it doesn’t mean much, the celebrations when that third one went in were unreal took me back to 87😀

Tile Hill Phil

I have always loved the cup, you tell the 4800 who were there yesterday that it doesn’t mean much, the celebrations when that third one went in were unreal took me back to 87😀
Yesterday was probably my best ever away day in 50 years of supporting City. Amazing scenes at the end. Stopped off in Coleshill on way back withSBA with the pub banging out songs by the Specials and the Enemy. A brilliant day PUSB

Adge

Yep-tell the 26,000 odd Wolves fans that it doesn’t mean much too! The dejection in the stand behind the goal when the 3rd goal went in on the highlights is beautiful! 😁

Cally Fedora

I’ve never understood the recent de-valuing of it shepherded in by the likes of Boreinho and his b teams. Apart from anything else it can be a fantastic catalyst for the league.

MikeyMoo

I get why we didn't take it seriously though, given our limited squad size in previous seasons. Glad I was there for the League Cup win having said that...

Flying Fokker

I’ve never understood the recent de-valuing of it shepherded in by the likes of Boreinho and his b teams. Apart from anything else it can be a fantastic catalyst for the league.
Man U did a pretty good job of devaluing the cup. Wasn’t it them who went on a tour instead of fielding a decent side?

Edit: Found this. When Man United 'killed' the FA Cup: How Red Devils caused furore by playing in FIFA Club World Cup precursor | Sporting News United Kingdom

Terry_dactyl

Yup.

Once you have actually seen it and been there and done it, as we did in 1987, it stays with you forever and is an incredible memory etched upon your brain.

The cup can still be special, as proved today.
It really does stay with you.
I think about ‘87 rather more than I suspect I should.

I wonder if this magic diminishes for fans of teams that win it regularly. I’d like to find out!

hamertime

It’s because the club has never had a winning mentality, before we’ve even started cup runs were resigned to being knocked out and that includes the fans.

It has really wound me up over the years, thankfully we have an owner with some guts who demanded a cup run. Our record has been embarrassing compared to similar size clubs in cup competitions. Even if we loose against United it’s giving us experience of being in these situations and it lifts the bar, we really need to start going for things.

Users who are viewing this thread