New ‘City’ flag (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I see the Council have unveiled a new flag for the City of Coventry.

Is it me or does it look very much like the Coventry Building Society has just been plastered around the City? :emoji_confused:

B8F3BFC4-EC51-4989-A036-4902992E222E.jpeg

Ironic it comes at a time of the Council potentially playing a part in the football club debacle yet the sky blue panels either side of LG are supposed to recognise the football club (surprised the panels weren’t yellow and black) :emoji_smirk:

Look: One of these six designs is Coventry's new flag

clint van damme

I see the Council have unveiled a new flag for the City of Coventry.

Is it me or does it look very much like the Coventry Building Society has just been plastered around the City? :emoji_confused:

View attachment 11116

Ironic it comes at a time of the Council potentially playing a part in the football club debacle yet the sky blue panels either side of LG are supposed to recognise the football club (surprised the panels weren’t yellow and black) :emoji_smirk:

Look: One of these six designs is Coventry's new flag

The best of a bad bunch (bit like me on here!)

Marty

What idiot designed those? Look fooking dreadful.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What's that appendage hanging down at the front , just touching her thigh top ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

just the one ?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I didn't like any of those flags, maybe the spires effort was the closest to an entry I'd choose. I don't really see why we couldn't use the current coat of arms with civic colours as posted above....or at least have it as an option on the vote?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That's more like it. upload_2018-12-7_22-46-52.jpeg

dancers lance

giphy.gif

OffenhamSkyBlue

It wasn’t designed by the council, but by listeners of BBC C&W, so that might tell you something about the standard!
I think it’s *OK* but don’t like it being so similar to the Council branding and the building society.
Would’ve preferred an elephant and castle on a red and green background but that wasn’t a finalist.
Apparently the coat of arms can’t be used for civic purposes other than by the Lord Mayor, or something.

If you want someone to blame, it’s Cornwall ‘s fault for having an old flag which made every county want one too. All of them are very recent, and some better than others.

At least this has SOME meaning to relate it to Cov

Nick

Administrator
Are the flag poles working again now by the Ricoh?

It's weird, usually has Wasps flags but when CCFC ones were wanted didn't the flag posts become unsafe?

The new flag is shit as well. Unless it was done by a kid, then fair play. Good work.

Otis

It wasn’t designed by the council, but by listeners of BBC C&W, so that might tell you something about the standard!
I think it’s *OK* but don’t like it being so similar to the Council branding and the building society.
Would’ve preferred an elephant and castle on a red and green background but that wasn’t a finalist.
Apparently the coat of arms can’t be used for civic purposes other than by the Lord Mayor, or something.

If you want someone to blame, it’s Cornwall ‘s fault for having an old flag which made every county want one too. All of them are very recent, and some better than others.

At least this has SOME meaning to relate it to Cov
CWR?

Surprised we haven't ended up with a Daventry one then.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Apparently, the "sky blue" colour down the sides is nothing to do with the football club. It is "Coventry Blue", a colour used during the city's weaving industry days, many years ago. In fact, there is an old saying.... "as true as Coventry Blue!"

Definition of COVENTRY BLUE

chiefdave

Apparently, the "sky blue" colour down the sides is nothing to do with the football club. It is "Coventry Blue", a colour used during the city's weaving industry days, many years ago. In fact, there is an old saying.... "as true as Coventry Blue!"
Coventry Blue > Wasps Yellow

Users who are viewing this thread