New Coventry City Fans Youtube Channel (1 Viewer)

konjickid

Afternoon all,

Me and a few friends are starting a new Coventry City Youtube Channel next season called Sky Blue Social. We are really hoping to provide some top content, including match previews, fan footage and general City chat amongst a few other fun bits we have planned.

Would be really grateful if you can check out our channel, there are just a few trailers up there at the mo. Always open to suggestions/feedback on anything you'd really like to see!

Sky Blue Social

Cheers!

Otis

Afternoon all,

Me and a few friends are starting a new Coventry City Youtube Channel next season called Sky Blue Social. We are really hoping to provide some top content, including match previews, fan footage and general City chat amongst a few other fun bits we have planned.

Would be really grateful if you can check out our channel, there are just a few trailers up there at the mo. Always open to suggestions/feedback on anything you'd really like to see!

Sky Blue Social

Cheers!
Will definitely give it a look. :)

HerneBayGaz

Look forward to this

Hope Kevin Nolan and Steve Evans have an Input and give their thoughts on the Sky Blues...

covcity4life

Afternoon all,

Sky Blue Social

Cheers!
Good idea. Anything I would have liked to do if I had been a teen in internet era

Good luck

Just don't be chat banter twats like arsenal tv. Just be footy fans and sense one's

Actually just let me run it..

konjickid

Good idea. Anything I would have liked to do if I had been a teen in internet era

Good luck

Just don't be chat banter twats like arsenal tv. Just be footy fans and sense one's

Ha. Teenage years are well behind! You’ve got what we are going to try and do though right there - bit of chat, bit of game day, bit of reflection, with some fun stuff wrapped up in a well produced package. Arsenal TV is not the template :) more like a cross between some of the football game blogs with something like Esteemed Kompany (one of the Man City Fan channels). We don’t think there’s anything out there like it at the moment for city fans so hopefully it’ll be original and good to watch

stevefloyd

Good luck

We could have your weekly column and borrow the enigma machine to decipher it

CovisGod

Very much enjoyed that. When the season kicks off and you've got some previews, interviews, post match stuff I think it will be a must watch for me.

Good work

Joy Division

Nicely put together and looking forward to seeing what else you do with this channel. Just one pointer and that is if you haven't got a decent microphone to work with just try and keep all the sound levels balanced because your voice is a lot quieter than everything else. Good job otherwise.

Esoterica

First episode up now!

Found the presentation, music, editing were good and the presenter very likeable but thought the content itself was generic and very high level - nothing I couldn't have found myself in less time by quickly searching on the internet and nothing that provoked thought/debate.
I enjoyed it overall but it was missing something for me that would keep me coming back each week e.g. Talk about the players we've signed, who you are excited by, the formation experiments and what you'd like to see us play, your preferred starting XI, which teams you expect to challenge in L1 this year, whether Sunderland will get relegated for the 3rd season in a row, how big you think the crowd will be for Scunthorpe etc. Felt like much more of a preseason summary than season preview and was so middle of the road that if it wasn't for the Cov shirts and Wembley footage I would have thought it was a 3rd party view on Cov. Good base to start with but needs some building on.

konjickid

Found the presentation, music, editing were good and the presenter very likeable but thought the content itself was generic and very high level - nothing I couldn't have found myself in less time by quickly searching on the internet and nothing that provoked thought/debate.
I enjoyed it overall but it was missing something for me that would keep me coming back each week e.g. Talk about the players we've signed, who you are excited by, the formation experiments and what you'd like to see us play, your preferred starting XI, which teams you expect to challenge in L1 this year, whether Sunderland will get relegated for the 3rd season in a row, how big you think the crowd will be for Scunthorpe etc. Felt like much more of a preseason summary than season preview and was so middle of the road that if it wasn't for the Cov shirts and Wembley footage I would have thought it was a 3rd party view on Cov. Good base to start with but needs some building on.

Thanks for this. On the whole I agree with you - it could be more in depth, and I think as confidence gets better and we keep getting feedback it will improve. We are going to have more than just me on my own presenting it, so that will help with this too. The aim here was to get a brief video out before the season starts so people can get an idea of what the channel’s about and the style it will take - avoiding being too devisive. The more feedback we get from what people want the better so cheers!!

konjickid

Nicely put together and looking forward to seeing what else you do with this channel. Just one pointer and that is if you haven't got a decent microphone to work with just try and keep all the sound levels balanced because your voice is a lot quieter than everything else. Good job otherwise.
Yup - using a proper mic. Will keep an eye on it cheers. The main issue I had was yesterday it was so hot my computer fan was going like crazy and it sounded like there was a hiss!

shmmeee

Found the editing to be all.over the place in the first few minutes, and the sound was tinny. That and the complete lack of expression from the presenter meant I couldn't make it more than about two minutes through, sorry. Also the holding the camera on yourself thing makes me feel seasick.

Good luck with it all though, if you look at some big channels early stuff it's terrible. Just keep going. Try to sound about twice as enthusiastic as you think you need to, calm down on the jumping between songs and cut out the Movie Maker style text over static images thing and you'll be fine.

Leamington Pete

Stick with it mate, for a first episode it was pretty good and you’ve taken the criticism on here with real dignity - if it was me I’d probably would have thought sod it then! (I could see it was a simple opener to get up and running). If you look at early episodes of established channels some of them are really poor. Sure yours will evolve nicely and I look forward to following it through the season.

footyfrenzy

Stick with it mate, for a first episode it was pretty good and you’ve taken the criticism on here with real dignity - if it was me I’d probably would have thought sod it then! (I could see it was a simple opener to get up and running). If you look at early episodes of established channels some of them are really poor. Sure yours will evolve nicely and I look forward to following it through the season.

Some don't get any better, the one where the lad is always fiddling with his hair and his mate Sanjay are annoying

vow

Some don't get any better, the one where the lad is always fiddling with his hair and his mate Sanjay are annoying
Like his Vlog, hope he keeps it up.
Sanjays pie review is the stuff legends.

vow

OP, enjoyed your 1st episode, nice one.
Favourite bits were the team of Gary Breens and McNultys Mine Craft impression!

konjickid

Found the editing to be all.over the place in the first few minutes, and the sound was tinny. That and the complete lack of expression from the presenter meant I couldn't make it more than about two minutes through, sorry. Also the holding the camera on yourself thing makes me feel seasick.

Good luck with it all though, if you look at some big channels early stuff it's terrible. Just keep going. Try to sound about twice as enthusiastic as you think you need to, calm down on the jumping between songs and cut out the Movie Maker style text over static images thing and you'll be fine.
No worries! Can’t be everyone’s cup of tea.

Otis

First episode up now!

Good. Am suitably impressed. Good production values overall and I am sure you will keep getting better, but perhaps it needs another voice too, be that a fellow host, or fan, or player interviews. Just needs livening up a little.

Minor criticisms though. Good first effort.

You thought of maybe going out on to the streets to gather some fan views and thoughts perhaps?

konjickid

Good. Am suitably impressed. Good production values overall and I am sure you will keep getting better, but perhaps it needs another voice too, be that a fellow host, or fan, or player interviews. Just needs livening up a little.

Minor criticisms though. Good first effort.

You thought of maybe going out on to the streets to gather some fan views and thoughts perhaps?

Cheers. Yes there will normally be two/three of us involved. Just time constraints (summer hols) and wanting to get something out before start of season this time.

Definitely going to try and get fans involved at games where we can for sure. We aren’t going to be doing pure game “vlogs” as plenty doing that already - but want to be creating discussion.

Otis

Cheers. Yes there will normally be two/three of us involved. Just time constraints (summer hols) and wanting to get something out before start of season this time.

Definitely going to try and get fans involved at games where we can for sure. We aren’t going to be doing pure game “vlogs” as plenty doing that already - but want to be creating discussion.
Perfect!

From small acorns and all that. Good first effort for sure.

Ricketts

You need to do interviews with celebrities (in their own minds on the telephone) like Brummy Nick and Juggy.

Users who are viewing this thread