New Owners (1 Viewer)

weecohawena

If, hypothetically, new owners took over then there surely would be no more excuses for our supporters? The Ricoh should be packed the first game after a takeover is complete. What do we reckon average attendances next season? 27k?

oucho

Don't hold your breath. I reckon there are a lot of armchair fans who use SISU as an excuse not to go. If CCFC were back in the Prem, 27k may not be unrealistic. Not in L2 though.

torchomatic

You would think that was the case. But I guess there would be a few with "a dicky leg" or "work commitments". Be interesting to see though, wouldn't it? Hopefully we'll find out come August.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

think we could settle attendances at about 13-15k its happening to late for an instant reaction if this was happening at a time we had games then you could see 20k show up as a celebration but the offseason will kill the original reaction of excitement of course SISU have been know to drag out negotiations before so maybe we will have to wait till christmas or at least until they've had chance to cash in on willis and stevenson

Brylowes

If they were to go, I think the average gate next season (based on a mid table season)
Would be about 3000 higher than if they were still here.
Which would be a great start. IMO

Hobo

If, hypothetically, new owners took over then there surely would be no more excuses for our supporters? The Ricoh should be packed the first game after a takeover is complete. What do we reckon average attendances next season? 27k?

I would suggest that depends on a number of things.
1 who takes over.
2 what plans they have for the club.
3. their ability to deliver the plan.
4. can they build a relationship with the fans.

Nobody should expect miracles over night or massive budgets. But most would like to see some movement forward in producing a combative team and at least a desire for progress.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If they were to go, I think the average gate next season (based on a mid table season)
Would be about 3000 higher than if they were still here.
Which would be a great start. IMO
I think you're not far wrong. We have never had a large hardcore fan base so anyone who predicts next season with new owners we are going to average 13-15,000 is way off the mark. We can certainly attract that figure if we are in the top 6 come February and if new owners are doing things to encourage supporters, but not from the start. It's all about regaining the public trust and giving supporters real hope and that will take some time after what we've been through.

Suffolk sky blues

I regret taking the club for granted I live away 280 miles round trip.but I would buy shares/ or books of tickets.this year I spent £22 1 home game last season £1100.

ajsccfc

I want a reason to renew my season ticket that isn't just habit. Even with the current owners, some sign that they're not just putting us in some kind of breakeven free fall is all I'm asking.

Hobo

I want a reason to renew my season ticket that isn't just habit. Even with the current owners, some sign that they're not just putting us in some kind of breakeven free fall is all I'm asking.

SISU have messed up so many opportunities to build bridges with the fans, most fans are resigned to the fact it is outside their ability to 1 think of a plan 2 stick to it 3 move the club forward.

eastwoodsdustman

Don't hold your breath. I reckon there are a lot of armchair fans who use SISU as an excuse not to go. If CCFC were back in the Prem, 27k may not be unrealistic as long as the club charged £1 per ticket, the weather was always nice and nobody had anything else to do like listen to cwr. Not in L2 though.

Moff

You would think that was the case. But I guess there would be a few with "a dicky leg" or "work commitments". Be interesting to see though, wouldn't it? Hopefully we'll find out come August.

Mines the worst most painful excuse.
My daughter plays for L*icester City Womens Juniors every Saturday through the season so we struggle to make games. That hurts!

torchomatic

My daughter plays for L*icester City Womens Juniors every Saturday through the season so we struggle to make games. That hurts!

Traitor scab.

stevefloyd

If we did get new owners what excuses could the NOPM brigade have then? Don't like the Ricoh, not feathering those nasty wasps pockets, don't like the colour of the grass???
It would be nice to think we could get around 14k crowd and if we were successful on the pitch it could steadily climb ahhh its what dreams are made of

stevefloyd

I would want my daughter to be in a losing team if that ever happened and god forbid I wouldn't ever watch her

Users who are viewing this thread