New signing set to be announced today (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Cwr are saying '2nd signing of the week' - rather than first new signing so I suspect it is Stokes or even Lawton.

BlueElephant

@BBCcovsport: It's understood that @Coventry_City are close to announcing their second new signing of the week. More to follow #skyblues

'Second new signing' would give the impression it's just another contract extension.

Here's hoping though

Cobi Jones's Dreads

This is exciting isn't it......

No?

tom88

Tom Hopper? Looks Like Adam Smith (The keeper) who was involved in the gang bang has just signed a deal with Northampton

hamil99

Facebook User
Where does this saying come from???

To be watchful; paying careful attention to something.

* If you ever find yourself wandering through a desert, you may want to keep your eyes peeled for any dangerous creatures on the ground, such as venomous rattlesnakes or scorpions.

* My friends are coming over for dinner soon, so I'll have to keep my eyes skinned and listen for the doorbell to ring.

Note: The exact origins for most common idioms and expressions cannot be said with a certainty. What's provided are theories that may be plausible to how a phrase originated, but not necessarily so.

In addition, quotes that contain a particular phrase may be taken from old newspapers, poems, or books that were written centuries ago, but this by no means confirms that the phrase originates from said newspapers, poems, or books. In all likelihood, if an expression is being used in a newspaper, it's probably already a well known saying and is from an older time.

Title_Keep_Your_Eyes_Peeled.jpg

There are two versions of this phrase. One uses the word "peeled," the

other uses the word "skinned." As for which came first, I'm not entirely

sure, but they both convey the same idea of figuratively removing the

skin of one's eyes to pay better attention.

The word peel can mean to remove the outer covering of something. For example, think of a person peeling a banana or skinning an apple; people do this to various fruits and vegetables for the purpose of opening them up. Hence, it's possible that the literal peeling or skinning of fruits and vegetables in order to open them is where the idea for this phrase comes from.

Both idioms, from what I could find, seem to have made their appearance at least as early as the 19th century. For example, the saying with the word "skinned" attached to the end of it comes from some old book in 1832, where it reads:

tp.gif
"
'Keep your eyes skinned now,' said the old trapper."

The other form of the expression is used in 1852 by the Kenosha Telegraph newspaper:

tp.gif
"
Keep your eyes peeled for all their antics."

skybluelee

They have done a lot of good PR in recent weeks so I would certainly expect a new signing (other than Lawton/Stokes) announced ahead of the kit/shop launch.

junglej13

Looking forward to receiving an email from the club 'Ivor has signed up for next season... Are you?.... Buy your season ticket now.'

Malaka

To be watchful; paying careful attention to something.

* If you ever find yourself wandering through a desert, you may want to keep your eyes peeled for any dangerous creatures on the ground, such as venomous rattlesnakes or scorpions.

* My friends are coming over for dinner soon, so I'll have to keep my eyes skinned and listen for the doorbell to ring.

Note: The exact origins for most common idioms and expressions cannot be said with a certainty. What's provided are theories that may be plausible to how a phrase originated, but not necessarily so.

In addition, quotes that contain a particular phrase may be taken from old newspapers, poems, or books that were written centuries ago, but this by no means confirms that the phrase originates from said newspapers, poems, or books. In all likelihood, if an expression is being used in a newspaper, it's probably already a well known saying and is from an older time.

Title_Keep_Your_Eyes_Peeled.jpg

There are two versions of this phrase. One uses the word "peeled," the

other uses the word "skinned." As for which came first, I'm not entirely

sure, but they both convey the same idea of figuratively removing the

skin of one's eyes to pay better attention.

The word peel can mean to remove the outer covering of something. For example, think of a person peeling a banana or skinning an apple; people do this to various fruits and vegetables for the purpose of opening them up. Hence, it's possible that the literal peeling or skinning of fruits and vegetables in order to open them is where the idea for this phrase comes from.

Both idioms, from what I could find, seem to have made their appearance at least as early as the 19th century. For example, the saying with the word "skinned" attached to the end of it comes from some old book in 1832, where it reads:

tp.gif
"
'Keep your eyes skinned now,' said the old trapper."

The other form of the expression is used in 1852 by the Kenosha Telegraph newspaper:

tp.gif
"
Keep your eyes peeled for all their antics."

Nah! Shaw Taylor Police 5 ATV News

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Well if it's Stokes going through the formalities, I will be disappointed, I wanted a 32,000 sell out Real Madrid esque unveiling at the Ricoh for him.

Users who are viewing this thread