Newport county game (1 Viewer)

torchie

I went to the Newport county v Shrewsbury game yesterday and thought I'd share my thoughts on 3 cov linked players:

1 - Jermaine Grandison - absolutely dreadful at right back, looked out of his depth against a conference side and think that the injury that forced him off during the second half was due to embarrassment more than a physical hurt!
2 - Andrew Hughes - I've seen we are linked with this lad. Young left back who had a shocker but could have potential, personally I don't think he would cut it though
3 - David Pipe - playing for Newport in an attempt to resurrect his career. Was playing for free up until this week when given a contract unt the end of the season. Looked the best player on the park and far too good for the conference. If his head is now sorted could well play a much higher standard

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Didnt Pipe change position just to try and get games?? This along with the 'playing for free' aspect of him really shows how much he wants to succeed in the game.

I do recall he might have been one of the younger players who may have gone in the wrong direction off the field, alongside, was it Lee Fowler? (Or have i made that name up....)

torchie

Yeah he has played right back, right midfield and centre midfield so far for Newport just to play! Looks like he realises this is last chance saloon! Oozes quality though at that level. Your right about Lee Fowler, he had a spell with Newport as well a couple of years back and was another who shone, now plays for Wrexham

oggys nose

yeah lee fowler was the man ... played a few games and thought he had made it!!!! remember seeing him down the skydome a few times always always acting a cock.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah he has played right back, right midfield and centre midfield so far for Newport just to play! Looks like he realises this is last chance saloon! Oozes quality though at that level. Your right about Lee Fowler, he had a spell with Newport as well a couple of years back and was another who shone, now plays for Wrexham

Erm..those were always Pipes positions! He's played most of his games since leaving us at RB. I know he had drink and anger management issues. I thought he served time after leaving Notts C?

Fowler has had a myriad of non-league clubs on short-term or pay-as-you pay deals, going as low as Halesowen in the Southern League, due to having similar issues to Pipe. He has been rated as one of the best passers in non-league, certainly when he was in the BSP previously.

Last edited:

torchie

Erm..those were always Pipes positions! He's played most of his games since leaving us at RB. I know he had drink and anger management issues. I thought he served time after leaving Notts C?

Fowler has had a myriad of non-league clubs on short-term or pay-as-you pay deals, going as low as Halesowen in the Southern League, due to having similar issues to Pipe. He has been rated as one of the best passers in non-league, certainly when he was in the BSP previously.

Yeah agreed he has always played in those positions but not all 3 in 3 consecutive games! Just trying to make the point that he seems to have lost the big time Charlie attitude!

torchomatic

Great username, Torchie. I like it. It could catch on.

torchie

Did you speak to him to ascertain his attitude?

I did actually. Spoke to him outside the ground after the game for about 10 minutes. He seemed an ok guy and said he is full of regret over what's gone on recently. Also said that he wants to try and play as high a level he can for as long as he can. He said he has had a massive reality check

torchomatic

Eh? Are you trying to say that the Belgian only 1988 12" single from the poptastic Paul Haig is obscure!? How very dare you.

20080427124724!Torchomatic.jpg

Does it have the same obscure music referrence though? I hope so! Although it wouldn't be so bad if he was just a pyromaniac...

Users who are viewing this thread