Next 5 games (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Swindon
Scunthorpe
Colchester
Hartlepool
Portsmouth

After Swindon the next 4 looks tasty, on our home form I wouldn't bank on anything but surely if we are looking to make a late push now this is the run of games where we should be looking to do it

WYKENSKYBLUE

13 points from these 5 would be great 15 would be heaven!

Has to be a winning run on these then the play offs are on and the way the top 6 are wobbling, without being too greedy Automatics? :claping hands::claping hands::laugh::laugh:

PUSB

kg82

Swindon we REALLY have to win. It would close us to within 3 points of them. If only we were playing them away!

Anyway, now is the time we really have to put a winning run together if we want any chance. It HAS to happen (currently on my knees praying to any deity that'll listen)!

rob9872

I genuinely believe we can do it. Likely to need 21 points from last 11 games so that's win 7 from 11 and looking at fixtures I believe more than ever. I'mbooking the Monday off after play off final tomorrow.

Swindon are badly out of form, if they dont have a new manager by Saturday, it will be a win for us, They lost to Bury tonight at home, so that should be a win for us. My only worry is Hartlepool. Theyy are bang on form, they beat Crewe 3-0 tonight, so they are my biggets worry. Anything less than 13 points from these 5 games will not be good enough at this stage of the season. This is our best oppurtunity. We beat Bournmouth on their own turf and gained 3 points from them. Yeovil lost too, Sheffield United drew and Tranmere drew, so that was good for us. I dont know what the others have next, but i can safely say we have the best run in, so we need to take advantage of that. WE CAN DO THIS!

kg82

Swindon are badly out of form, if they dont have a new manager by Saturday, it will be a win for us, They lost to Bury tonight at home, so that should be a win for us. My only worry is Hartlepool. Theyy are bang on form, they beat Crewe 3-0 tonight, so they are my biggets worry. Anything less than 13 points from these 5 games will not be good enough at this stage of the season. This is our best oppurtunity. We beat Bournmouth on their own turf and gained 3 points from them. Yeovil lost too, Sheffield United drew and Tranmere drew, so that was good for us. I dont know what the others have next, but i can safely say we have the best run in, so we need to take advantage of that. WE CAN DO THIS!

Are you actually kidding. Have you learned nothing from tonight about your predictions? I now predict we'll lose to Swindon! Damn you TSBL!

Also, don't safely say anything if you don't know what you're comparing it to!

stupot07

Brentford still have 2 games in hand and swindon, Doncaster, Sheffield Utd and yeovil all have a game in hand on us - Saturday is a must win.

junglej13

I don't want to sound like a broken record but there will be more onus on us to attack and finish things in the 4 games after Swindon. I desperately think we need a better option on the left hand side of midfield who is going to influence games. There must be someone in either a Premier League squad or even a Championship squad kicking there heels waiting for experience. Tonight showed what a boost 1 loan player can bring us. I really feel this extra option could be the difference for us.

covboy9

those 4 games are gonna be tough, we all know what relegation threatened teams can do, pompey should be straightforward but scunny, col u and hpool will be very tricky, all 3 are gettings results atm. Swindon is massive, i have no clue how we should approach the game, Swindon are very attacking so i think we should be cautious and play it like an away game!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Brentford still have 2 games in hand and swindon, Doncaster, Sheffield Utd and yeovil all have a game in hand on us - Saturday is a must win.
Trust you to put a dampener on things :mad:

Can't you just let us all get carried away with a great result.

Although I agree, if we can win Saturday (massive IF given our home form) then it puts us in a good position going into 4 on paper easier games

WYKENSKYBLUE

Could Bell do a job on the left? i cant remember what his favoured foot/position is? Also could Wilson be used wide left? he has pace and has shown glimpses

with these two plus Martin well timed additions

SkyblueBazza

Is it though? If Swindon are going to drop points to the like of Bury at home, they're as vulnerable as anyone now. It all up for grabs whatever Saturday's result.

stupot07

Trust you to put a dampener on things :mad:

Can't you just let us all get carried away with a great result.

Although I agree, if we can win Saturday (massive IF given our home form) then it puts us in a good position going into 4 on paper easier games

Just keeping my feet on the ground :)

Diehard Si

Hartlepool have been on fire recently.

Will be a tough game.

Plus any game at home, no matter the opposition is a potential banana skin for us.

Colesy55

Predicting results In this league is just about impossible ! Take Colchester for instance : lose 5-1 at home to a slumping tranmere last.Saturday then tonight thump red hot yeovill 3-0 !

Paxman II

Tonight was important in more ways than one. Carsley picked the correct side and formation again. I don't know what he was thinking last Saturday with Wilson and co. Well he must have learned something and on top of which he made substitutions correctly tonight as well.

Maybe we can give him the benefit of the doubt for last saturday because he got it spot on tonight aka Robins.

No game is easy. These lower sides are beating top sides and we may have the same difficulty. I do think though tonight taught themselves a lesson. Why fear ourselves at home when we can do that? I think we should stick to the 4-5-1 even at home because we are comfortable with it. Then I think we will have no problems. the voodoo at home will be broken so expect that to happen now.

Swindon pretty good away from home too so we must make sure we don't lose. the next 4 all look to be wins if we make the effort and after tonight I still expect they will.
We have a fit David Bell. That may yet be significant on the run in. He is quality at this level when fit. may end up being all the difference for us.

Are you actually kidding. Have you learned nothing from tonight about your predictions? I now predict we'll lose to Swindon! Damn you TSBL!

Also, don't safely say anything if you don't know what you're comparing it to!

Actually, i will say what i want.

covcity4life

have a feeling carsley is gonna be the first manager to rectify ricoh form,i really do

lets hope swindon dont appoint a manager by saturday

Warwickhunt

Hartlepool beat Crewe tonight because Hartlepool shutup shop and played on the break and I feel for Crewe(Like fuck I do) A taste of there own medicine! CCFC will struggle against the 4 bottom teams unless we play and wn ugly - that is a act

Hartlepool beat Crewe tonight because Hartlepool shutup shop and played on the break and I feel for Crewe(Like fuck I do) A taste of there own medicine! CCFC will struggle against the 4 bottom teams unless we play and wn ugly - that is a act

Act? Think you mean Fact my friend

have a feeling carsley is gonna be the first manager to rectify ricoh form,i really do

lets hope swindon dont appoint a manager by saturday

The new owners are in and are trying to find a new caretaker manager in time for the Cov game. Dont think a permanant one will be in place but a caretaker MANAGER (not players, manager) should be in place, but i dont think they will have had enuff time to get to know the squad so it could be good for us

D

Deleted member 4439

Hartlepool top of the league for form, and Scunny 4th. Here we are again, offering both a thrashing, ala Crewe.

Users who are viewing this thread