Next 9 games into 2018 (1 Viewer)

steve82

We have 9 games leading us into 2018 that needs big results to keep us involved in the play offs come January and in a strong position to help maintain confidence and fans hope in a serious promotion challenge.

Were 17 games in and yet to find goal scoring form, on average you need 41/42 pts to be still in the playoffs after 26 games so we need to find a minimum of 5 wins from them 9 games to add to our 27 points.

In November we've the away trip to Lincoln, quickly followed by Stevenage away before the visit of Crawley.

December sees a break for the fa cup before a trip to Morecambe followed by home games v Cheltenham and Wycombe. A tricky festive period brings trips to Port Vale and Carlise and a New Year's Day visit of Chesterfield on the day the January transfer window opens.

We've already seen sections of the fan base turn toxic, notably at away games when we've not performed and gone on our two dry spells in front of goal. With a few more poor results, lack of goals and should we fall out the play offs I can only see this coming back worse and huge pressure from coming from those sections once again on MR if we do happen to fall out the play off places.

Let's stick together and get behind them till the end.

Adge

Think that's what we are doing really especially with the numbers traveling away? Doesn't mean that criticism should not be directed if warranted.

Johnnythespider

Robins doesn't help himself when he says things like we are the best team in the league, all that will do is raise expectations to the point that anything other than top spot is a let down to some. I think we should approach the games in 3s and I fancy us for 7 points in the next three.

steve82

Robins doesn't help himself when he says things like we are the best team in the league, all that will do is raise expectations to the point that anything other than top spot is a let down to some. I think we should approach the games in 3s and I fancy us for 7 points in the next three.

If we go on the next three games then I predict a draw at Lincoln, defeat at Stevenage and a draw against Crawley.

2 pts from 9 and a few points out the play off places at the end of November.

I don't see a upturn in results yet, weve been bobbling along staying in touch thankfully but I do see us falling away for a spell.

steve82

Think that's what we are doing really especially with the numbers traveling away? Doesn't mean that criticism should not be directed if warranted.

No for sure, when warranted as like you say we've been amazing the numbers we've taken away all season.
I just can see the toxic atmosphere creeping back by the end of November sadly and us all praying for a miracle in the January transfer window.

Be nice if we backed the lads and encouraged them at Lincoln like Mansfield did here Saturday. Kept them going.

Adge

How good was the support for Mansfield on Saturday by the way? Best I've seen at the Ricoh for a long time.

smileycov

Facebook User
If we go on the next three games then I predict a draw at Lincoln, defeat at Stevenage and a draw against Crawley.

2 pts from 9 and a few points out the play off places at the end of November.

I don't see a upturn in results yet, weve been bobbling along staying in touch thankfully but I do see us falling away for a spell.
Draw at lincoln we will win the other 2

steve82

How good was the support for Mansfield on Saturday by the way? Best I've seen at the Ricoh for a long time.

I thought they were excellent, made some good noise and put a atmosphere in the stadium for a change.

Draw at lincoln we will win the other 2

I like your optimism! I only hope your right but I just don't see it on current form for all sides.... yet this is the unpredictable L2.

smileycov

Facebook User
[QUOTE="steve82, post: 1426412, member: 8664"
I like your optimism! I only hope your right but I just don't see it on current form for all sides.... yet this is the unpredictable L2.[/QUOTE]
Tbf we are above Stevenage in current form, and Crawley haven’t won at home in the last 3. So hopefully not just optimistic!!

steve82

[QUOTE="steve82, post: 1426412, member: 8664"
I like your optimism! I only hope your right but I just don't see it on current form for all sides.... yet this is the unpredictable L2.
Tbf we are above Stevenage in current form, and Crawley haven’t won at home in the last 3. So hopefully not just optimistic!![/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure

Stevenage have won 3 of there last 5 home games drawing 1 and losing 1. Scored 9 goals and conceded 6 goals.
10 pts from 15 at home

Crawley haven't lost in there last 5 away games. Drawing 3 and winning 2 conceding just 2 goals scoring 4 and keeping 3 clean sheets.
9 pts from 15 away

smileycov

Facebook User
Current form is last 6 games, that is what I looked at plus thought we was away at Crawley sorry. Still think we can win both

Londonccfcfan

Lincoln is very tricky fixture.

Be very happy with draw there. As that in my view would be a good result.

Going into the nect four games after that. We should win all 4 in my opinion.
We woukd be playing the 4 teams who will form the bottom third of the table.

Lincoln A - Draw
Stevenage A - Win
Crawley H - Win
Morecambe A - Win
Cheltenham H -Win

These are the easiest bank of 4 games we will get all season, we dont fear these teams.

We are Coventry City!

stevefloyd

Whilst we shouldnt accept mediocrity I am sure that none of the players think "right I will show them moaning fans I am purposely going to play shit today"! Even the top players have off days, thats when we as fans SHOULD all sing together to try and lift these players but unfortunately it aint gonna happen, just give them an extra cheer or 2 from me Pusb

steve82

Lincoln is very tricky fixture.

Be very happy with draw there. As that in my view would be a good result.

Going into the nect four games after that. We should win all 4 in my opinion.
We woukd be playing the 4 teams who will form the bottom third of the table.

Lincoln A - Draw
Stevenage A - Win
Crawley H - Win
Morecambe A - Win
Cheltenham H -Win

These are the easiest bank of 4 games we will get all season, we dont fear these teams.

We are Coventry City!

Not sure id agree that it's the easiest run of 4 games... but I do that we don't fear any side.
Looking at the next 5 teams form it's not as easy as you may think.

Lincoln
form last 6 games home and away
W3 D2 L1 F7 A3 - 11 pts from 18
L2 Home form this season
W3 D4 L1 F9 A5 - 13 pts from 24

Stevenage
Form last 6 games home and away
W1 D1 L4 F6 A16 - 4 pts from 18
L2 home form this season
W4 D3 L2 F17 A13 - 15 pts from 27

Crawley
W1 D4 L1 F2 A3 - 7 pts from 18
L2 away form this season
W3 D3 L2 F8 A6 - 12 pts from 24

Morecambe
W2 D1 L3 F4 A7 - 7 pts from 18
L2 home form this season
W3 D2 L4 F7 A10 - 11 pts from 27

Cheltenham
W2 D2 L2 F11 A12 - 8 pts from 18
L2 away form this season
W1 D3 L4 F8 A13 - 6 pts from 24

Looking at that Lincoln are quite solid at home and on a good run.
Stevenage are in a poor spell yet are quite strong at home and free scoring.
Crawley are very resilient not scoring many and good on there travels
Morecambe are average no consistency at all at home.
Cheltenham are better at home yet poor on the road.

Compare that to our form
Last 6 games home and away
W1 D2 L3 F3 A3 - 5 pts from 18
L2 home form
W5 D1 L3 F9 A3 - 16 pts from 27
L2 away from
W3 D2 L3 F8 A6 - 11 from 24

I predict
Lincoln - Draw
Stevenage - Defeat
Crawley - Draw
Morecambe - Win
Cheltenham - Win
8 pts from 15

That would put us on 35 pts on average that may see us narrowly outside the play offs over the last few years where it averages between 34/37 pts for 7th spot.

Adge

Whilst we shouldnt accept mediocrity I am sure that none of the players think "right I will show them moaning fans I am purposely going to play shit today"! Even the top players have off days, thats when we as fans SHOULD all sing together to try and lift these players but unfortunately it aint gonna happen, just give them an extra cheer or 2 from me Pusb
Indeed. Will be there doing my bit at Lincoln but will let them know come the end of the game if the performance wasn't acceptable.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Not sure id agree that it's the easiest run of 4 games... but I do that we don't fear any side.
Looking at the next 5 teams form it's not as easy as you may think.

Lincoln
form last 6 games home and away
W3 D2 L1 F7 A3 - 11 pts from 18
L2 Home form this season
W3 D4 L1 F9 A5 - 13 pts from 24

Stevenage
W1 D1 L4 F6 A16 - 4 pts from 18
L2 home form this season
W4 D3 L2 F17 A13 - 15 pts from 27

Crawley
W1 D4 L1 F2 A3 - 7 pts from 18
L2 away form this season
W3 D3 L2 F8 A6 - 12 pts from 24

Morecambe
W2 D1 L3 F4 A7 - 7 pts from 18
L2 home form this season
W3 D2 L4 F7 A10 - 11 pts from 27

Cheltenham
W2 D2 L2 F11 A12 - 8 pts from 18
L2 away form this season
W1 D3 L4 F8 A13 - 6 pts from 24

Looking at that Lincoln are quite solid at home and on a good run.
Stevenage are in a poor spell yet are quite strong at home and free scoring.
Crawley are very resilient not scoring many and good on there travels
Morecambe are average no consistency at all at home.
Cheltenham are better at home yet poor on the road.

Compare that to our form
Last 6 games home and away
W1 D2 L3 F3 A3 - 5 pts from 18
L2 home form
W5 D1 L3 F9 A3 - 16 pts from 27
L2 away from
W3 D2 L3 F8 A6 - 11 from 24

I predict
Lincoln - Draw
Stevenage - Defeat
Crawley - Draw
Morecambe - Win
Cheltenham - Win
8 pts from 15

That would put us on 35 pts on average that may see us narrowly outside the play offs over the last few years where it averages between 34/37 pts for 7th spot.
Regarding the 2 points average over 46 games for automatic places/form.

I think this season shows it may well be lower average points for third place. There are alot more competitive teams at the bottom who are taking poInts off teans at the top. 78/80 points may be enough for autos.

The teams at top form is very patchy.
Few weeks ago there were 3/4 teams averaging over 2 points per game. Now just one.

At the moment only Notts County Average two points per game and thats only just.

The botyom of the table is very competitive, we all thought FGR would be whipping boys but their last 5 games they been in top 6 form.

steve82

Regarding the 2 points average over 46 games for automatic places/form.

I think this season shows it may well be lower average points for third place. There are alot more competitive teams at the bottom who are taking poInts off teans at the top. 78/80 points may be enough for autos.

The teams at top form is very patchy.
Few weeks ago there were 3/4 teams averaging over 2 points per game. Now just one.

At the moment only Notts County Average two points per game and thats only just.

The botyom of the table is very competitive, we all thought FGR would be whipping boys but their last 5 games they been in top 6 form.

You made some interesting points about the inconsistency of form in the league so I've looked into the previous 10 years and the table/form is actually stacking up to be consistent to previous years. L2 really is hit and miss at times.
As you said on average 2pts a game seals the title, and we're currently on average to make a play off spot.

Tho on current form over our last 6 games we're way off. It's relegation form. 5 pts from 18, a big concern tho thankfully plenty of time to redeem that.

L2 after 17 games
17/18 1st 34pts 3rd 33pts 7th 27pts
16/17 1st 38pts 3rd 33pts 7th 24pts
15/16 1st 38pts 3rd 31pts 7th 26pts
14/15 1st 34pts 3rd 32pts 7th 28pts
13/14 1st 32pts 3rd 32pts 7th 27pts
12/13 1st 37pts 3rd 32pts 7th 27pts
11/12 1st 38pts 3rd 32pts 7th 29pts
10/11 1st 35pts 3rd 31pts 7th 25pts
09/10 1st 35pts 3rd 32pts 7th 27pts
08/09 1st 37pts 3rd 30pts 7th 28pts
07/08 1st 35pts 3rd 32pts 7th 26pts