Next Steps - A Question (1 Viewer)

skybluepete1987

After being a season ticket holder for 12 years I've decided I won't be going anywhere near Sixfields this year and will likely go and watch Leamington until either a Trust backed Phoenix club or CCFC play in the Coventry area.

Obviously there are a few twists and turns to come, whether ACL accept the CVA for example and if Northampton decide to back out of the deal. But, presuming these all go SISUs way and the club begins playing at Northampton and then comes out of admin surely the next big decision for fans is regarding any new stadium.

Fisher has said they are a couple of weeks away from announcing sites. After any purchase agreement they'll then have to seek planning permission from the relevant authorities. So as fans do we then push for planning permission not to be granted and lobby to that intent? Or given that if they do get permission they will have shown some intent towards bringing the club back to a sensible distance of Coventry, Brandon for example, do fans (or the Sky Blue Trust) actually back that and therefore not campaign on it?

Just something I'm chewing over in my mind....

Steve.B50

After being a season ticket holder for 12 years I've decided I won't be going anywhere near Sixfields this year and will likely go and watch Leamington until either a Trust backed Phoenix club or CCFC play in the Coventry area.

Obviously there are a few twists and turns to come, whether ACL accept the CVA for example and if Northampton decide to back out of the deal. But, presuming these all go SISUs way and the club begins playing at Northampton and then comes out of admin surely the next big decision for fans is regarding any new stadium.

Fisher has said they are a couple of weeks away from announcing sites. After any purchase agreement they'll then have to seek planning permission from the relevant authorities. So as fans do we then push for planning permission not to be granted and lobby to that intent? Or given that if they do get permission they will have shown some intent towards bringing the club back to a sensible distance of Coventry, Brandon for example, do fans (or the Sky Blue Trust) actually back that and therefore not campaign on it?

A very good question, and needs to be discussed in detail.

chiefdave

guess partly depends on the plans, if any ever materialise, and location but I don't think we have to worry too much about objecting. Sure wherever it is there will be lots of local residents to do that for us.

Block19

I think any move should be backed by the supporters the most important thing is that we play on the city of coventry or on the border.

Spionkop

If it is in Brandon, (laughable in reality) - I'll be the first protestor. Either at the Broad street Rugger club or Speedway.

Seyeclops666

A great question but don't get caught out by the SISU plan. They will announce some sites, they may even announce a preference, they may even negotiate and buy a site (highly unlikely) but they will not, ever get planning permission for a stadium in Coventry or Warwickshire - ever, ever, ever!!! What this will allow them to do is to hoodwink some niave fans that this is on the horizon and keep the League happy that they are trying to build a new ground - let it drag on and on in the hope ACL have to seel to them.

wingy

It won't Be Brandon when ever the Guy who runs It laughs it out of Court. but aquwestion that hasn't been answered Is the slippage of timescales .What's behind them ? today was meant to be the Creditors meeting ,so why not?

BrisbaneBronco

Next steps are that SISU announce that they have purchased Nene Park.
Next 3 years will be spent up grading stadium and increasing capacity.
Then we move into Nene Park with our new Northamptonshire fan base and Bingo job done.

davebart

I must admit I am struggling to see SISU's end game from the latest events. What will they do when ACL rip up the Ricoh pitch and put something else in its place?

If Coventry hasn't a football club it doesn't need a stadium. It normally takes between 5 and 7 years to get a stadium built even if the will is there for it.

theferret

A great question but don't get caught out by the SISU plan. They will announce some sites, they may even announce a preference, they may even negotiate and buy a site (highly unlikely) but they will not, ever get planning permission for a stadium in Coventry or Warwickshire - ever, ever, ever!!! What this will allow them to do is to hoodwink some niave fans that this is on the horizon and keep the League happy that they are trying to build a new ground - let it drag on and on in the hope ACL have to seel to them.

Planning permission is perfectly possible given a sensible location and enough time. Coventry CC, Warwickshire CC, Rugby District Council (whoever) can reject the proposals as emphatically as they like, it is irrelevant, because unless they have a good reason to do so, it will be turned over at public enquiry. If SISU propose redevelopment of a brownfield site and can demonstrate it will benefit the local economy and create jobs, then the Government are always inclined to approve. There have to be very good reasons to reject proposals that affect vacant brownfield sites.

Brandon is a non-starter and would require a brand new access road built from the A46, but there are other possibilities that are at least feasible. The issue is time though, it would take years, by which time I suspect a new club would have been formed and the 'old' CCFC would be effectively dead in the water - so it won't happen for those reasons. Don't be surprised to see an outline planning application go in soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread